Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply General Discussion & Home Page
BEWARE of HACKERS & SCAMMERS! - Updated 6/1/09

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:33 pm
I know many people who have had problems with hackers including the previous owner of this guild. She was a very nice person who often gave expensive gifts and donations to guild members. She was hacked and lost over a million gold worth of items which today would be a lot worse. She finally got all the guild money back and got herself a nice collection of items when the person who hacked her got spiteful and hacked her again trading gold into her account that the hacker had gotten through cybering. This caused her to get her account banned and when she talked to Gaia they did not believe her that she had not traded with the hacker nor did they believe that she got hacked so she lost her accound and another large some of money in valuable items and gold.

Many others of this guild have been subjugated to hackers and I just want to send out a warning to everyone here to be careful of these people. I do not want you to lose what many of you have worked hard for.

So PLEASE DO NOT TELL YOUR PASSWORK TO ANYONE! IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR YOUR PASSWORD I SUGGEST YOU REPORT THAT PM OR POST IMMEDIATELY TO GAIA.

ALSO NEVER SEND A PERSON AN ITEM AS A GIFT AS A PRESENT (unless it is a present for someone). ALWAYS SEND THE ITEM THOUGH A TRADE. A LOT OF PEOPLE GET SCAMMED THIS WAY BECAUSE PEOPLE SAY TRADE ISNT WORKING FOR THEM. ONLY USE TRADE. AND NEVER TRADE IF YOU CANT SEE THE ITEM YOU ARE TRADING FOR.

Also if someone asks you for your password or hacks you please report their name here so that everyone can avoid them. Many people would appreciate this heads up as I know I would like to keep everyone on gaia safe. So PLEASE ALWAYS REPORT those Hackers right away.

Thanks and good luck to everyone and enjoy the guild.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:53 pm
List of Hackers or Scammers:
cultureclash
cultureclash516
dandragonair
Death_Onii
Genesis the mule
[Jasutiin]
Shrouded Darkness45
The Jahn
xXANBUXx
xXxDanny glomps AndyxXx

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Athena831

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:18 pm
Death_Onii; he tried to convince me his trade was broken and to send him the item as a gift, and that then he would send mine-that is a common scam.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:01 pm
Athena831
Death_Onii; he tried to convince me his trade was broken and to send him the item as a gift, and that then he would send mine-that is a common scam.
Thank you. This person has been add to the list.  

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200

IvyStarling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:02 pm
Wow, that's kind of scary eek Thanks for this thread ^^ Starting from now, I'll use trade as much as possible instead of sending a gift sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm
Shrouded Darkness45
The Jahn
xXxDanny glomps AndyxXx
Genesis the mule

All four of these people were part of a thread that was trying to hire and utilize hackers.  

Athena831a

General Discussion & Home Page

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff