Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Static Cams, Should they stay? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeadpoolKitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:53 pm
Just looking for everyones opinion, do you believe the static cams should have stayed in the resident evil franchise, or are you glad to what they did with Resident Evil 4-5 with the over the shoulder.

Do you believe you're just as terrified seeing your enemies coming at you, or not knowing what's around the corner of the lifeless city, police station, lab, mansion, park, cave, sewers... etc..??

I honestly believe I was more terrified with the static camera then the over the shoulder. Sure Resident Evil 4 did good with getting your blood pumping when hearing a Zealot laugh then sling a scythe at you. But there was no real, jumping out of the seat that Resident Evil 1 and 2 delivered.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:48 pm
There was nothing better than the static camera angles. It made the game seem like an interactive horror movie. What they have now... It's just casual action. It's as much horror as Army of Darkness, except Army of Darkness was funny.
Resident Evil should've kept static cameras, Zombies, T-Virus and Umbrella. But now, it's a lost cause.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hanibal Rex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:28 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
There was nothing better than the static camera angles. It made the game seem like an interactive horror movie. What they have now... It's just casual action. It's as much horror as Army of Darkness, except Army of Darkness was funny.
Resident Evil should've kept static cameras, Zombies, T-Virus and Umbrella. But now, it's a lost cause.

Seconded.
Resident Evils just become another action game.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:22 pm
Third?

Resident Evil isn't Resident Evil anymore... sad  

UmbraGallus

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 pm
Any true fan knows what is Resident Evil when there playing with the original controls and "static" camera angles. Always that feeling someone is watching you. But now, it's the over the shoulder, fast gun slingin cowboy action is making the many fans loose interest. Oh how I miss the old video game days where everyone kept their own formula in games.

The new stuff in the games are ok for me, but IMO, I am REALLY missing the whole zombie/Umbrella story with the creepy STATIC cameras. cry  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 pm
Well, like I said. Someday, I'm gonna create a zombie Survival Horror game in the true, classic style.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:49 pm
Hopefully someday isn't 20 years from now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 am
I love me some static camera angles.

D:

Get to it, Bio. We want results!  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 am
And I'd be more than happy to help BIo work on his game, since I'll be going into Game Design as well. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:47 am
I'm heading in that direction too, so just wait a little longer! I wanna help! Or maybe I can help with the sequel. 3nodding  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:08 pm
Same for me. ^^ I'm taking early collage classes so it'll be a little sooner to get into the gaming designing...maybe... sweatdrop i'm still not sure how that works... razz

i hate the new mini map system thay have going in RE5 too... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:20 pm
I would say the static camera, because although it kinda sucked that you have to go so far around the corner to see where you're going but when that camera turns and you see a zombie or a licker there it scares the crap out of you and gives a joyful fright. Resident Evil 4 killed that pleasure with the new camera, RE5 better bring that pleasure with that camera.  

W0lf Rid3r

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 pm
Not gonna happen...It's all action, with no horror in it at all now. and it's not Resident Evil at all because of the things added. You can look around the corner before going in, NO TYPEWRITERS!!!! crying New mini map system at the little corner, Co op for extra ACTION...and another merchant...i'm almost sure there will be a merchant if it hadn't been announced yet although i've heard some claims that there was a short thingy at E3 showing Chris picking up some money...Not sure if that's true or not but i don't know...yeah...this isn't Resident Evil anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:34 pm
In Umbrella We Trust
Not gonna happen...It's all action, with no horror in it at all now. and it's not Resident Evil at all because of the things added. You can look around the corner before going in, NO TYPEWRITERS!!!! crying New mini map system at the little corner, Co op for extra ACTION...and another merchant...i'm almost sure there will be a merchant if it hadn't been announced yet although i've heard some claims that there was a short thingy at E3 showing Chris picking up some money...Not sure if that's true or not but i don't know...yeah...this isn't Resident Evil anymore.

OMG! I have heard little about RE5 but I am hating what they are doing to it, the original ones gave puzzles that challenged you, but RE4 gave none of this, and action? This is supposed to be a horror game. No friggin typewriters I'm not even sure, if I'm going to get this game, also can you clarify who Mikami is for me?  

W0lf Rid3r

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:59 pm
With a high note to ponder, since Shinji Mikami leave from Capcom, I heard and can't wait til he reveals his new survival horror game with EA. Perhaps a new perspective awaits.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff