Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Strange Dreams Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

woah
  dude...
View Results

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:11 am
I had the strangest dream. Id love some interpretations.

The Dream: It started out I was younger than I am now, by a couple years. I was pregnant. Quite big to. Then the dream shifted to the present. My mother and I were walking along a beach at sunset. There where people still around, and kids playing. She pointed to one of these kids. He was about three years old, brown eyes, brown curly hair, prominent forehead. He was also wearing dark blue swim trunks. All she did was point, but it was to tell me that this was him. My child. I then realised I had given him up for adoption. But I wanted him back. Then the dream shifted again and I was just holding him. And I knew his name, without it ever being said. It was Avery.

Then I woke up.
The strange thing is this dream made a HUGE impact on me. I woke up confused but happy because the little boy was mine and then I had to remind myself it was a dream. See, I dont want kids. This dream made such an impact on me that I though, "well, maybe.."

Avery, this name was so prominate in the dream. It was never spoken. More like a glaring neon sign that cannot be ignored. I KNOW that was his name.

Anyway, I wonder who this child is? I dont think he is a figment of my imagination. I think its more. But what?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:47 pm
confused  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:53 pm
Sounds like it could be a premonition.If its a dream that has that kind of impact ,then 9 times out of 10 it means something important.
Avery is a cute name and for a dream,very well chosen 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:48 pm
kittycatneko3
Sounds like it could be a premonition.If its a dream that has that kind of impact ,then 9 times out of 10 it means something important.
Avery is a cute name and for a dream,very well chosen 3nodding

wow, premonition. Its certainly a though. I hope it isnt though, I wouldnt want to have to give him up!

haha, thanks! I think its cute too.

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xXxX dusk XxXx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:54 am
wow i have had some similar dreams... (though i wasnt pregnant...)
i am not sure what they mean though...
i once had a dream that my teeth fell out... eek  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:41 pm
xXxzephyrusxXx
The teeth one is very common. I dont remember what it symbolizes though.  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Godess Hathor
xXxzephyrusxXx

I heard it was symbolic of insecurities with the self. Lord knows I always feel anxious when I think about my teeth falling out, in dreams or otherwise. I've had it in several forms - one where all my teeth are cojoined and just slip out as though they were a palate, and others where I bite down on something and find them all in my mouth. They're horrible. D=  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:53 pm
Mitsh
Godess Hathor
xXxzephyrusxXx

I heard it was symbolic of insecurities with the self. Lord knows I always feel anxious when I think about my teeth falling out, in dreams or otherwise. I've had it in several forms - one where all my teeth are cojoined and just slip out as though they were a palate, and others where I bite down on something and find them all in my mouth. They're horrible. D=

wow, that sounds horrible. gonk  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Alistair_Faust

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:16 am
i my self have had a few weird dreams but the one i normaly have atleast once a week is i go to sleep but then open my eyes to find myself falling form a very tall tower it almost looks like an obelisk but right before i hit the ground i wake up and my body actully jolts up off the bed and i am in a cold sweat...anyne care to help me figure out what theh ell the dream means?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 pm
i just had a falling dream too... only i was jumping and (seemingly flying) bouncing from the tops of buses that had like trampolines on top... i would fall and have a terrible sense of anxiety and fear of falling... now what would that mean...?  

xXxX dusk XxXx

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:43 pm
Dreams about falling are really common, too - not only that, but the sensation of falling is actually enough to wake people up (as is the case here, and I've experienced the same). I think, then, it must be to do with some biological process: perhaps as you're dozing off, something might happen to your sense of equilibrium and it gives you the same sensation as if you were falling, maybe?

As an aside, I also wonder if these other dreams are connected to falling ones: When I've been asleep, I've had dozing dreams (y'know, when you first start slipping off) that feature things like almost getting hit by a truck, or tripping over a curb or a stone, and the expectant shock of the event has been enough to jolt me awake, too. I'm certain the answer is biological, but I don't know enough about sleep or dreams to figure out what it is. D=  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:58 pm
Mitsh
Dreams about falling are really common, too - not only that, but the sensation of falling is actually enough to wake people up (as is the case here, and I've experienced the same). I think, then, it must be to do with some biological process: perhaps as you're dozing off, something might happen to your sense of equilibrium and it gives you the same sensation as if you were falling, maybe?

As an aside, I also wonder if these other dreams are connected to falling ones: When I've been asleep, I've had dozing dreams (y'know, when you first start slipping off) that feature things like almost getting hit by a truck, or tripping over a curb or a stone, and the expectant shock of the event has been enough to jolt me awake, too. I'm certain the answer is biological, but I don't know enough about sleep or dreams to figure out what it is. D=

So far from a psychological prespective on the falling dreams(or your being hit by a truck.) they say that it occurs when said person is transitioning from REM Sleep (Rapid Eye Movement, or dream sleep) into the deep sleep, where you are actually getting the rest you need to function correctly. You get more sleep in deep sleep because your brain is not performing any actions other than perform vital functions (Heart, lungs, etc.). While in dream sleep, your brain functions as it does when you are awake.
Though, you can 'dream' in the deep sleep, which if anyone posts later, or had a question about horrible, frightening dreams while sleeping, this will give a brief explanation of it. Though usually people can only remember how horrible they(dreams) were, they occur in this stage of sleep, which is not to be associated with nightmares, dreams that occur in deep sleep are called Night Terrors. And as far as I'm concerned these are not a demonic possession, but a proven ailment, which can be treated with medication. So if you have those frequently, I'd bring them up with a doctor.  

Careening Into Caffeine

xkotoyox

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm
Well, as this seems to be turning into people's dreams in general, I'd like someone's input on a dream I had about a week ago.

Background info: My best friend is the only person I talk to at all anymore. Everyone else drives me crazy in one way or another. Well, I've come to realize I'm so in love with him. Now, he knows that I like him, but I've been afraid to tell him it's so much more than that.
He is seriously considering joining the military, and I can't bear the thought of that, as he's all I feel I really have anymore, even though we're not together, and I'm fairly certain he doesn't have any feelings for me.

The dream: I was outside my house, in the backyard. It was dark. I opened the sliding glass door and stepped inside. He was standing there, facing away from me. He turned to face me. I smiled inwardly, walked over to him. He smiled, a warm, comforting smile I knew so well. I slid my hands around him and hugged him - he pulled me close, held me as if we were meant to be one. I looked at him, glowing. We stared into each other's eyes, his like diamonds piercing my soul. He leaned in closer, closer. I could feel his breath on my face, slowly breathing. And then he kissed me. I was surprised, but I reacted so calmly, so naturally. It felt as though this was how it should be.
The lights inside the house were dim, the front door was open, and the silent white noise of the night could be heard in the background. I smiled and looked at him. He was smiling, too. I wanted so badly to tell him I loved him, but fear still gripped me.
I pulled away from him but still clung to his hand. We went out the front door. I looked up at the sky—multiple moons, blood red in the sky. Disturbing, bothersome... We need to go back inside, I said. He wanted to stay out. No, there's something about the sky...about those moons...so many, so red. I pulled him with me as I headed back inside. Finally we made it back. I felt calmer, comfortable.
We went to my room. Lights were off. I sat down in bed and pulled him down in front of me. He held me, and I loved him all the more.

So, I've decided that the red moons were a warning of my period, which happened literally days later. But the rest of the dream...I don't know. Maybe I'm just stuck on it because it was exactly what I want from him. It was so realistic, though. I woke up thinking it had actually happened.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:46 am
i once heard that if you die in your sleep, you die for real. this explains why people usually wake up just before they hit the floor or encounter an experience of death hence Mitsh's dreams about almost getting hit by a truck insted of actually getting hit.

i've never had a dream where i'm falling but i do have ones like dawn of the dead type ones featuring rainforests and a seriously warped ironbridge e.c.t.

Just Tsuki

Aranka Taine

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:18 am
xXxX dusk XxXx

I've had that gods-awful dream often. In high school, I'd have it at least once a week. It finally stopped about a year or two ago. It probably stopped BECAUSE I was no longer in high school, and I'm pretty self-assured now.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games