Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
too unique?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Gadfly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:06 pm
Here is a little problem i have; i cannot find anyone who is really like me. This leads me to having a hard time finding friends. I only have about three friends, two of them i can't stand for more than thirty minuets. unforunatly, the one good friend lives fifteen hours away from me. not a good situation stressed I need some advice! Please!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 pm
nom nomnomnomnomnom  

Ryiokun

Angelic_ p l u s h i e

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:51 am
That is a bad situation. hm... guess it is how you treat people and the kind of people that live there that counts I guess. Putting on a smile, making comments once in awhile that are nice to others could help as well. I am making you out to be some anger-management aren't I? Please excuse if tat's how it sounds, I am just being vague and giving bits of advice because I don't really know you so its had t give advice. Being more open, bringing up conversations with others you usually wouldn't talk to.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29 pm
The key is to be less picky. Just accept whatever friends you can and you like to talk to, and eventually youll find some best friends you know well enough and think are cool lol.  

Cloaked Vulpes

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:13 pm
I don't have the same situation, but I feel I am too different then my old friends. Over the last few years we have been drifting apart as I have been hanging out with a new friend circle. It almost feels awkward to hang out with them now...

This isn't really advice, but just know that we are here for you biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 pm
00Shoe
I don't have the same situation, but I feel I am too different then my old friends. Over the last few years we have been drifting apart as I have been hanging out with a new friend circle. It almost feels awkward to hang out with them now...

This isn't really advice, but just know that we are here for you biggrin

^ditto here^

Here's my take on it. Perhaps you are attracting the wrong people to you. Something about you seems to be drawing acquaintances, not bosom friends. Perhaps being more outspoken for being more openly passionate about what defines you. Perhaps being less so. It really depends on what you are doing that's drawing these people to you. I'd suggest changing your routine a little bit, let people know that you're personable. It may just be that the right people haven't noticed you for who you are. Then again, you may just be in the wrong place (which means you have to wait until you can relocate to start afresh). Not much help I know, but I hope it helps spark an idea for what you need to change to draw people that you can confide in.  

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Saga Shadow

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:05 pm
So, I totally understand what you're talking about. Sometimes, my friends just seem to much like everybody else to me. that's when I decide to leave my friends to their own devices and wait for them to catch up with me and my differentness!  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:53 pm
Sounds like how my situation is (except for two of them you can't stand), one of them is in Florida while I'm in Colorado. Well, don't try to be like everyone else, when you do that, you aren't yourself anymore, you're just another part of the crowd, just try to be like yourself and you'll find a good friend.  

adriande2

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff