Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply Opinions & Discussions
The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 pm
Ok, I want to know everyone's opinion on this book.

Most people are afraid that it is just another Harry Potter.
I also hear that the first book was great but the series went downhill from there.
On the otherhand, I also hear people raving about all four books saying how great they are and how they are a must read.

I haven't read the series yet but I do want to know your opinions because I eventually do want to read it.

Please be careful not to ruin the plot too much as I have not read the series yet but have heard so much about the books.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:46 pm
Well, I love the Twilight series. It is really good. It has a lot of interesting elements-romance, vampires, mysteries, civil dispute, inner family trouble, and a lot more. Also, the characters all have their personal demons to face-each one struggles with inner turmoil and has to face them; it isn't just one main person. I can't tell you much more without giving you plot information.  

Athena831

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:41 pm
Hmm, would you say that some of the books are better than others?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 am
WHO SAID IT WENT DOWNHILL? I will guarantee you the twilight series will not be a waste of time. I read the first 3 books four times before the 4th book came out. Well with the romancy part, and the vampires, and the vampires.... did i mention the vampires? sorry im absolutely crazy about the books because itss the only series i know of that intergrates romance and the ocasional darkness of vampires in an interesting manner.
The Harry Potter series doesnt even come close to the brilliance of the twilight series. I Love it to bits and pieces.  

Demonic Storm

5,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 pm
Well, I love my romance and I do have the first one on my desk. I just have to get off gaia and get some time to read it. Though most people here highly suggest reading it so I wanted to ask people's opinions.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 pm
lol then start reading kagome. u seriously wnt regret it  

Demonic Storm

5,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Athena831

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm
I think I like the 1st and 4th book best, but they are all completely great  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 am
my absolute personal favourite book in the twilight series is the 4th book. Breaking Dawn. I can read it over and over and never get sick of the story. Well its like that for all her books really.  

Demonic Storm

5,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:57 pm
Like I said, I definately have plans to read them just have to get of gaia and do homework first razz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm
Good, you'll love them all  

Athena831

Pandan-chan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm
ChipSyrupWhip Cream

。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:*:.。.✿・゚’゚*✿.。
: 3 you will love them! ^^

ChipSyrupWhip Cream

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:30 pm
Who here plans to go see or has seen the Twilight movie-if you have or will, what are your thoughts?  

Athena831

Kiya-Kiya15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 pm
Twilight's an awesome series. All of them are great, especially Breaking Dawn and New Moon(My opinion). And I've seen the movie, I liked the book better but, it was good too. I even think they'll make a movie on the second book ^^.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:16 pm
The books are definately better, but no worries. I loved breaking dawn, but twilight was my second favorite. new moon is third, and eclipse 4th, but they are all great.  

Athena831

Opinions & Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces