Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Redd's Demotivational Poster Contest Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanibal Rex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am
Hey guys, I have an idea for a contest (Just for fun). You guys ever seen those De motivational posters? (Like this: )User Image

The Rules are that you MUST create a poster much like the one above, and it MUST be related to Resident Evil. The Winner will get to choose the Picture to use, the Title, or the caption under the title. Whoever produces the funniest/wittiest poster gets to choose the pic/title/caption of their choosing.

For those who want to create one the quick and easy way, Just go to this website (Courtesy of Bio), Save the result to your computer, and upload it to photobucket/whatever, and post it in a reply.

*Edit*
Since this is hosted in the Resident Evil Guild, any and ALL entries must include Resident Evil Related subjects within the contest. Furthermore, since this is a demotivational contest, all entrees must include the motivational poster trademark black border, title, and caption.
Also, in the event of the judge coming to a tie, please declare a winner of what you think is the best (That IS why your called a judge after all.)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:16 pm
I would totally love this. xd Like the captioning contest, only you provide the pictures! biggrin I love demotivational posters, too. I have a whole folder of them on my USB drive... I'm Canas Renvall, and I approve this thread.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:43 pm
Well, it's it's gonna be a CONTEST, we'll need to set some rules.
I was thinking either one of two things. Working on the same basis as the caption contest (winner picks the next winner), it could work in one of two ways:

You provide the title, like, "Survival" or something random. And the contestants have to pick a picture and with it add the secondary statement. So for example, you'd have a picture of a group of zombies, and it would say, "Survival" then the statement underneath would say, "Bet you wish you were a boy scout now."
And every person would pick their own picture and statement as long as it follows the title that the winner of the previous round picks.

The other possibility is a lot like the caption contest, the winner posts a picture, and the caption is a title and a motivational/demotivational statement.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's it's gonna be a CONTEST, we'll need to set some rules.
I was thinking either one of two things. Working on the same basis as the caption contest (winner picks the next winner), it could work in one of two ways:

You provide the title, like, "Survival" or something random. And the contestants have to pick a picture and with it add the secondary statement. So for example, you'd have a picture of a group of zombies, and it would say, "Survival" then the statement underneath would say, "Bet you wish you were a boy scout now."
And every person would pick their own picture and statement as long as it follows the title that the winner of the previous round picks.

The other possibility is a lot like the caption contest, the winner posts a picture, and the caption is a title and a motivational/demotivational statement.

I was thinking along the lines of the winner providing the caption UNDER the title, and the person provides the pic and title for the caption. However, I do like the first option ya have posted as well. However, I think I'll just let the winner pick from one of the following:
the picture to use,
the title,
or the Caption under the title.

The rest of us would have to use whatever they choose from the three. this way, things can be switched up a bit.  

Hanibal Rex

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:36 pm
Okay, then the winner only picks one thing, and it can be whatever they want. You go first.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 pm
Alright then, lets get started.
Heres the first item, I'll make it a pic:
User Image
Good luck!  

Hanibal Rex

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:27 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:05 pm
User Image  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:02 am
User Image

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:13 pm
I'm sorry, but could someone tell me how to take a picture and make it into a demotivational one. I just don't know, and can't seem to figure it out.  

Marka_Ragnos

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:47 pm
Go to this site:
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php

Either save the picture and upload it, or choose the URL tab and paste the URL of the picture directly, then it'll create it for you. Save it and upload it to whatever server you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:58 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Go to this site:
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php

Either save the picture and upload it, or choose the URL tab and paste the URL of the picture directly, then it'll create it for you. Save it and upload it to whatever server you want.

Cool, Thanks.  

Marka_Ragnos

Marka_Ragnos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:21 am
Marka_Ragnos
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You have it to save it on your computer then host it on Photobucket or Imageshack. 3nodding  

MadamTarantula

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:23 am
User Image

----------------------

Finally a new contest biggrin ! This'll be fun!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff