Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Please ENTER

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil 4. . .
  Sucks
  Is okay.
  Is a really good game.
  IS TEH UBER PWNAGE! (Me: *Cough* noob *cough*)
View Results

Le Marquis de Noir

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 pm
Resident Evil 4. You know it. Many of you dis-like or hate it for it's 'difference from the plot' I am very interested in playing all the Resident Evil games, but sadly I've only played 4 at this point, however I'm not a noob who thinks it's so amazing and knows nothing about the other games, I'd just like to bring up the point that Resident Evil 4 really did have a pretty good plot in some ways. This isn't word for word, but one of the people who was working on the Resident Evil series said something along these lines. "Some long-time fans are disappointed about Umbrella Corporation not making an impact on the plot, but we have very good reasons for this. A company that destroyed an entire major city and and was then destroyed by the US government would still be in a point of weakness in many ways. Therefore, they couldn't still be doing things like what was happening in the earlier games. So we had to come up with something different to use for a game or two while we are having Umbrella raise to power again."

Plus, there were some indications Wesker and the Umbrella Corporation may be iuncludd in Resident Evil 5, because of the collection of the Plaga samples by Wesker. My guess is he is going to do an experiment with them and change their genes to create a different kind of plagas or zombie.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:12 pm
A company like Umbrella would likely have an emergency fund hidden away for such problems if they so strongly believed in their research unless they were really that bold. Either way, they still could've had it revolve around zombies. Wesker would be working on a new virus and decide to test it on his little subjects in Spain (I don't care what Capcom says, it's obviously Spain), knowing Leon would be coming in to look for the president's daughter. Boom, test subject for a new virus. Hell, they could still act like Crimson Heads with the running and attacking and such. Maybe even add some of his own virus in his blood to give them the smarts they'd want. Doesn't have to be some age-old parasite.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:18 pm
I second Canas on that one. Seriously, and if they needed new ideas for monsters they could've thought of new animals and creatures for the virus. Isntead of moneys how about an armiddilo, sorry I can't spell. I mean that would make a good boss since hey naturally have armor.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:06 pm
I really don't have a problem with RE4. I just hate how they symbolized Leon into their franchise. It also opened a few doors to the series and shows life outside of Umbrella. I just they don't blow it off too far open and kill off the originals and leave Leon to be the "ooohh so hottt hero to save the day".  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 pm
MM-212 Beta
I really don't have a problem with RE4. I just hate how they symbolized Leon into their franchise. It also opened a few doors to the series and shows life outside of Umbrella. I just they don't blow it off too far open and kill off the originals and leave Leon to be the "ooohh so hottt hero to save the day".

Oh nono, silly Beta, Chris is going to take Leon's place. rofl

I'm just having a hard time believing that the game will be good. I honestly wish that for anyone who wants to pay the game, they'll play the s**t out of it and enjoy it in their own way... Just... too many things were ruined for me. One or two I could handle, but there's too many to actually list. =/  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:52 pm
It's a pretty stupid reason. I mean, look at what we have: Survivor, Code Veronica, Dead Aim. All three happened AFTER the destruction of Raccoon City. All three have Umbrella, and Dead Aim even happens 4 whole years after Raccoon City incident, so Umbrella could've persevered.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm
MM-212 Beta

Yeah, but in Degeneration he looks so old and emo and not-so-hot, so maybe...Just maybe, since it also includes zombies...Redemption? I know it's so far-fetched, but I'm really looking forward to Degeneration to feed the hunger pangs which RE4 could not satisfy...Zombie-wise ha ha.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:32 pm
Okay wait... Why is this thread called "Please ENTER" and what's the point of it?  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:15 am
Yeah, I was going to ask that too, but I had to go to bed.

It appears that this is a pro-RE4+ thread... Someone should rename it as such, so it's organized, yesh.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 pm
I second what notte said.  

Alkaizer87

Hanibal Rex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:47 pm
For me, Resident Evil was a bit too drastic of a change. Gone were the trademark fixed angles, the arcane puzzles, and most importantly, the Zombies (tho technically, they are zombies in the traditional sense, in so far that they were being controlled by someone.)
I did rather like the controls, and the fixed knife button certainly made things interesting. Overall, I only liked it for showing off Knife skills, and not much else. I still find myself popping in Resident evil 2 more often than Resi 4.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games