Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Stuffed Wings? (Advice Needed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:14 am
I'm making a winged wolf character for a friend. It is a stuffed animal using a velvety type of fake fur.
I'm going to sew the wings into the seams where the top of the head meets the back, but I'm having a little trouble designing the wings themselves. They should be large and bird like, similar to an eagle's.

I'm sorry that I don't have photos to better illustrate what I need, but any tips on making wings and attaching them to a stuffed toy would be appreciated!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Burn the Land & Boil the Sea...

Sorry. I just went through my pattern repository, but apparently the few sewn wings I had are MIA. sad

The only other ones I have are knitted.

Have you checked out Craftster.org?
...You can't take the Sky from Me!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KnitChaos

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am
I don't think I've been to that site, but I will look now.
Thanks!

And if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. I need this plush to arrive in Belgium by November fourth for a birthday!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:13 pm
you could make a thin tube and sew feathers into the seam. you will want to hand sew the wings on to ensure they are stable. sew the wings to each other for added stability. I haven't done wings, but now I want to try, sounds fun! don't use hot glue! it turns yellow over time and doesn't last, plus it is hard to undo.  

dkpuppets

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff