Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Does anyone find this funny?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-The Boss-x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So for those that can;t see the picture well, that is a picture of a dummy dressed like Palin hanging by a noose in front of someone's house. the owner says it's "good halloween fun". im sure if this was done about obama the media would be in an uproar about it

Quote:

Ghosts, goblins, gargoyles . . . and Sarah Palin hanging by a noose?

That's the latest imagery of the Republican vice presidential candidate and her running mate John McCain on display at a West Hollywood home that has been decorated for Halloween.

The outdoor decor features a mannequin dressed as Palin, wearing a red business suit, eyeglasses and brunette beehive wig, hanging by a noose off the chimney. Right above her, a devilish John McCain emerges from the chimney with paper flames surrounding him.

Some neighbors say it's just wrong to depict a vice presidential candidate that way.

Chad Michael Morisette, who lives in the house, told CBS 2 News that the effigy would be out of bounds at any other time of year, but it's within the spirit of Halloween.

"It should be seen as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary, it's time to be spooky," Morisette said.

Several locals and tour buses have swung by the house to snap photos of the scene, and some gawkers say it is humorous. Morisette acknowledged to FOX 11 news that had he depicted Barack Obama in the same scene, it would not have gone over as well, because the history of a hanged black man in America is a lot more intense than a hanged white woman.

FOX 11 reported that the scene may also have been a response to a false rumor that recently circulated in the area that drag queens were to be banned from dressing up as Palin for the annual West Hollywood Halloween carnival costume party on Santa Monica Boulevard. The drag race and pageant were held Sunday evening, and no costume was forbidden.

With Election Day fast approaching, Palin effigies aren't the only sign of over-the-top political bitterness.

CBS 2 News also reported that another homeowner in the Los Angeles area had his Obama yard sign vandalized with a racial slur.

"I think the word says more about the person who wrote it than anything," homeowner John McNamara told CBS 2 News.

The FBI and Los Angles Police Department are reportedly investigating the incident.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:59 pm
If someone did something like this with an Obama effigy, it'd be considered racist. rolleyes  

DanskiWolf

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:24 pm
I think there could have been MANY more less controversial things they could have done with a Palin and McCain dummy. It's sick.

Seriously, I don't think that sort of thing is called for.

Today in Current Events we were asked if the tables were turned how we would react.

I still wouldn't even chuckle.
I don't find it funny. I find it distasteful.

It's sort of like saying "I don't like your polocies, so I'm going to pretend to hang you." sort of thing. D:<

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:34 pm
That's just freakin' sick, I'm a liberal, but come on, there are many more creative, less threatening things. I'm sorry, but I find it very sickening when people pretend to kill someone.

Grr... some people!  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Latopazora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:09 pm
Its not funny, it is sick and distasteful, but its also someone's oppinion and since it was on someone's private property they still have a right to free speech. We have a right to speak and to be offended.
Besides, the display was taken down- which actually I disagree with, I hate the display but I'm not going to snuff out their right to free speech because I was offended.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 pm
Latopazora
Its not funny, it is sick and distasteful, but its also someone's oppinion and since it was on someone's private property they still have a right to free speech. We have a right to speak and to be offended.
Besides, the display was taken down- which actually I disagree with, I hate the display but I'm not going to snuff out their right to free speech because I was offended.

If only more people thought as nobly as that. Most people would be in an uproar and demanding legal action. I completely agree with you. I myself am a huge fan of Sarah Palin and am deeply offended at this horrible display of intolerance to conservatives. But I do support this person's right to display it, although this person obviously has some issues to work out.  

Nathan Galvan

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:06 pm
DanskiWolf
If someone did something like this with an Obama effigy, it'd be considered racist. rolleyes

What you descirbed actually DID happen. As a direct response to this display someone did one for Obama on a college campus. Bam! Senativity meetings, disciplinary action, etc, even in the wake of the incredible media attention around the Sarah Palin display. Now that is just a flat out double-standard.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:52 pm
not funny at all....
i think Palin really got the short end of the stick. in a small town i saw a sign that said
"Hocky moms for McCain, puck Obama" i nearly pissed my pants i was laughing so hard  

Nyxs_Ace

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm
This is the sort of thing that makes me embarassed to be from California... as soon as I get a job, I am moving.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:42 pm
I agree with the opinion that if it was done to an Obama dummie then racism would be included. Personally I'm a little fearful..xD  

The Lost Desperado

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Twizzle Dizzle Red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Twizzle Dizzle Red

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:00 pm
Well whoever did it you would think they could have thought up their own original idea. I mean it happened first at that school in Louisiana. Ya all remember that?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:03 pm
[Kwest]
Latopazora

If only more people thought as nobly as that. Most people would be in an uproar and demanding legal action. I completely agree with you. I myself am a huge fan of Sarah Palin and am deeply offended at this horrible display of intolerance to conservatives. But I do support this person's right to display it, although this person obviously has some issues to work out.

It can definitely be a cause for legal action if sarah palin were scared by it. Maybe it truly was a sign that if whoever did do that meant to harm her. Sick, twisted, demented whatever you want to call it, it's not one bit funny.  

Twizzle Dizzle Red

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff