Submit

What do you think?
  yes i do have a valid opinion and i am SO going to post it
  i'm an a*****e
View Results

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:29 am
so... i was hanging out in GD and found out two interesting facts, fact number one the majority of the people who hang out in GD (excluding "newbs" or "noobs") seem to be arrogant psuedo intalectuals, fact two? a bit more interesting, apparently smoking pot may increase your risks of developing psychosis, basically schizophrenia. When i heard this i thought it must be a load of bull, just more propoganda so i asked to see the sources and to my suprise it might actually be true.

check it out:
http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/001475.htmlor
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4305783.stm

for the full research
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2005.01001.x/abs/  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:54 am
Aye, its a true fact. This guy me and Hiz knew from college had it once, had to go to rehab and s**t. He's clean now and he's been a good boy this past year.

When I smoke or I've been smoking or on a bit of a binge, I never really feel those effects or whatever. I guess it depends on the person or whatever.  

primaI
Captain

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:28 pm
well it's still not a "proven" fact but it's kinda the same way that global warming hasn't been "proven" the facts that they have just strongly point to it. And also they said it's happened in individuals the are susceptible to mental illnesses, now that could really mean anything when you think about it, in short they've stated that smoking pot could lead to a mental illness or increase your chances of developing one, but they don't have enough research to prove just what it is that effects people, or what kind of people it will effect for that matter, but i thought it was interesting enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:05 pm
Aye, tis interesting, wasn't denying that.

And you make an interesting point. But I mean, you only hear about things like that on the news, which isn't exactly a reliable source. Could be warped scare tactics.  

primaI
Captain

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:48 pm
oh i know man the news is filled with so much propaganda, every time i see anything remotely surprising i check all the sources right away, i totally thought all this was bullshit until i went through and actually found the research (and yeah i actually went through and check the citations in the research)

funny all of this kind of relates to a class I'm taking, it's called "media literacy" it's actually my favorite class because i lucked out and got a good teacher, and i have like the smartest kids in my class (honors, oh yeah i ******** rock) so we actually have debates and you can really learn about the media and all sorts of tactics and interesting things and... yeah nevermind sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:27 pm
They never told us that when we learned about schizoids in psych... interesting.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

Dreadlock Rasta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:41 pm
Smoking weed ******** up one of my best friends. All her doctors thought she was going to be schizophrenic. She hallucinates sometimes still. Its really sad, she's such a good, happy person.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:55 am
Thats ******** crazy, if I ever get a PHD and I can do research and s**t, i'll definately do it on that.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:49 pm
punkarama
Thats ******** crazy, if I ever get a PHD and I can do research and s**t, i'll definately do it on that.

you know that actually reminds me of this long conversations i had with my boyfriend one night when we were high. We started talking about inventing pure liquid THC and then testing it, and i mean we got really into this we talked about the waivers we'd have to have our test subjects sign the actual testing they'd have to go through and like we argued on a lot of issues for awhile and like how to go about getting a government grant and then suddenly i said "hey ben... we haven't made liquid THC yet..." and then we laughed, hahaha yeah.... good times.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:46 pm
In my grade 12 psych class my teacher always told us how he and him and other people in his classes would do experiments in the 60's about acid. And one of them would take acid and all the other ones would watch.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

Snickler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:14 pm
punkarama
In my grade 12 psych class my teacher always told us how he and him and other people in his classes would do experiments in the 60's about acid. And one of them would take acid and all the other ones would watch.

omfg, thats so awsome!!!!!! If only I was born 40 years earlier.. or something! haha  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:48 pm
Snickler
punkarama

omfg, thats so awsome!!!!!! If only I was born 40 years earlier.. or something! haha
Aye, Timothy Leary did it. LSD became popular in youth culture when two guys from college started handing out cups of watered LSD at a music festival in the 60's.  

primaI
Captain

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:06 pm
for the love of god read the electric koolaid acid test, it's long, and some parts get a bit wordy but you get one of the greatest retellings of the whole acid movement in the us, ken kesey, merry pranksters, the actual acid tests, all of it  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:53 pm
Crazy.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

You might be here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out