Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
T_T the butchered the whole series T_T (SPOILERS) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Always wear..
  A poll.
View Results

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:46 pm
crying crying  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:37 pm

1. Kahlan's eyes are green not blue
2. Richard is far too baby faced and what not... but he has a nice body... >//<
Maybe he'll grow into his manliness.......

3. Zedd's hair is supposed to be in more messy and stuff.........

4. Darken Rahl is supposed to have white-ish silver hair, like Sephiroth or something........ there are things called wigs.....

5. Since when does Richard not know about the damn Book of Counted Shadows?.................

6. Why doesn't Adie have white hair? - I thought it was white?.....

7. Where are freaking Mord-sith?.........

8. What's with the tooth around Richard's neck?...........

My number one peeve with this whole ******** thing is the fact that RICHARD KNEW ALL ABOUT THE BOOK OF COUNTED SHADOWS, HIS FATHER MADE HIM MEMORIZE IT BEFORE IT WAS DESTROYED!!!!
SO MUCH OF THE SERIES HINGES ON THAT FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So- what the hell?.....

What's going on here?........

And wtf was that thing Chase called a dragon?.... that was honestly not a ******** dragon.

Don't get me wrong............. I still love it!

But honestly they did butcher so much of this ******** series already........

-sobs-
crying  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:51 pm
i was only able to watch the first hour of the series so far and i am soo disappointed in it, so many things already are wrong, gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:12 pm

-sobs-

So wrong!!!

I've been browsing the forum on Terry's site to see what people are saying about the first episode..... and so far, there are alot of people who are utterly disappointed and I agree with SO many of their views.

For example here are a few opinions posted by Vianeth:

There's no way I cannot compare this to the books. I have been a Sword of Truth fan for years now, and watching a show that is based on the books I naturally have to compare the show to the books. I know we have all been told to IGNORE the books, but how can we not? I will not talk about the details from the book, or compare them here, so I hope I can convey my feelings in a constructive manner to you.

(SPOILERS IN THE NEXT PARAGRAPH)

I can tell that Sam Raimi has put effort into the details of this show: the costumes, the scenery, the script. I can see that all the production staff have really tried to translate what they were given into a 2 hour premeire. But unfortunately, at times, they fell flat. I couldn't help but laugh at how Zedd threw fire at that gar and killed it. Not because I was comparing it to the books at that moment, but because the way he entered the screen and threw fire, it just seemed like such an easy escape for our heroes. I didn't believe in the threat of the gar at that moment.

The bulk of my disappointment does reside in the differences, and like I said, I will not talk about the details on this forum per Zedd's rule. But if anyone wants to talk about them I cordially invite you to my forum link removed

The sword glowing, Bridget's sub-par acting, those things I wasn't pleased with. Michael Cyper, Chase, Darken Rahl, those characters I did believe in a bit more than the others. I could read Michael's betrayal as real acting. Chase read like a real tough guy with a heart. He does seem to have a passion for his role, a certain sense of excitement. But unfortunately the whole thing together didn't connect with me. As a viewer tuning into the show, my initial thought was, "lol, this is so rediculous, I'm watching something else." Although that seems pretty negative, I am also thinking that most pilots are this way. The actors are unsure if this will go a 2nd season, they are just learning their characters. The producers are still getting a feel for everything, costumes, hair/makeup, writers, etc. Everyone still has to fit into the show. This may get better as the season goes on, but it may not.

But for the 2 hour premeire, if I put aside the comparisons to the book (which is sad, because as a fan thats what i'm SUPPOSED to do, and what I really want to do with you guys, as fans) it just struck me as a boring story of some young bratty 20 year old who is told he has some "destiny" he's supposed to carry out. Mix in some random fight scenes that I wasn't impressed with. But there are some elements in the premiere that does make me want to tune in next week to see what Richard is gonna do with out the book, to see the scenery Richard will encounter with Zedd and Kahlan.

lol, I was JUST about to mention a storyline from the book, then had to delete my sentence. It really sucks to have to censor myself all the time here! There are some KEY things that dissapoint me. The main one I feel like I'm not allowed to say. OK all i'll say is Zedd.. and Richard... yeah.

Just overall I'm let down ... not because of the differences but because of the acting, the crappy CGI gar that looked like it was taken from Army of Darkness, oh, and weren't we told that they were gonna do something cool with wizard's fire? Looked like plain fire to me. I guess thats ok.

I really enjoyed Shar though. Her cute little purring. Kahlan's affection toward her. That was really special and allowed me to see Kahlan's heart a little bit. Her gentleness.

I like the wizard's rule that Zedd talked about, although all those random lessons were a bit distracting and annoying.

The premeire felt a bit rushed towards the last half. And I kept losing interest with the Dharan soldier there. The story line of the show isn't doing it for me. It really isn't. It's just so bland. I really hope they kick it up a notch in the next episode.

I apologize in advance if I trampled all over the rules, I'm really trying to keep the books out of it. But I really wanted to express my critique of the show. I just have to say that up until now it seems that anything negative anyone has to say just gets frowned upon. It's like the people with positive opinions get a pat on the back, and people that express doubts or unpositive things get close to getting deleted. I know this is not what ABC or Sam Raimi wanna see, another bad review, but it's the truth that I have to give. I will keep watching the show to see if it gets better.

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:54 pm
i cant just put the books aside while watching the series if i still watch it, its kinda hard when im such a big fan of the series  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:40 pm
I know what you mean. I'm sitting here watching it and I am very disappointed. I mean Richard's relationship with Zedd is next to nothing, if I remember right George is already supposed to be dead, and Richard should already know about the confessors becuase he memorized the Book of Counted Shadows. I was so looking forward to this series but I feel let down.  

Hitokiri Methos

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:56 pm
Hitokiri Methos
I know what you mean. I'm sitting here watching it and I am very disappointed. I mean Richard's relationship with Zedd is next to nothing, if I remember right George is already supposed to be dead, and Richard should already know about the confessors becuase he memorized the Book of Counted Shadows. I was so looking forward to this series but I feel let down.
i feel ya i bet a lot of fans were let down and asking why terry would allow such a thing to happen to his works crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:59 am
I actually thought it was pretty decent for a pilot premiere. I mean people, you must've realized it wouldn't be an exact COPY of the book. I would actually find that boring. The fact that Sam Raimi even made this series in the first place is fantastic, and I am completely open to whatever adaptation he puts in it. I found that that part was actually the most interesting. If it was going be an exact replica of the book, I wouldn't have watched it. I mean, why would I waste my time watching TV for 2 hours when essentially, I know exactly whats going to happen? I could just read the book. Sure you can nag about teeny things like the color of Kahlan's eyes or Richard's tiny frame (he is quite boyish) or the fact that Gars aren't really introduced until like what.. the 3rd book? And everyone is entitled to thier opinions, but why can't anyone enjoy it for just an original series? I know that comparison to the book is natural and expected, but I think that fans like us, also need to be open to new concepts and different adaptations. So, that's all I have to say on that. I quite enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to the continuation.

(Also, the tooth necklace thing, Tab-san, is the red dragons tooth remember?)

I also kind of really liked the Matrix thing they did during the fight scenes. Which were also very decent for a premeire.

I've got to admit though, the Gar was quite laughable. xD

sabre_sword
Captain

The Prelate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm
I'm wondering how they're going to do the plot since they changed so much of it.

Like, Richard hardly knows Zedd?

And how can he defeat Darken Rahl if he doesn't know the book? And George Cypher isn't dead...And Kahlan was the one who brought the book over...? And Adie isn't a major part at all so far... Darken Rahl doesn't look anything like how he's described either.

They should have just made it a movie or something and actually stuck with the plot.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:21 pm
The Prelate
I'm wondering how they're going to do the plot since they changed so much of it.

Like, Richard hardly knows Zedd?

And how can he defeat Darken Rahl if he doesn't know the book? And George Cypher isn't dead...And Kahlan was the one who brought the book over...? And Adie isn't a major part at all so far... Darken Rahl doesn't look anything like how he's described either.

They should have just made it a movie or something and actually stuck with the plot.
i agree with the person above you about if its exactly the same what would be the point of watching somthing you already know everything about, but i thing that the director went way way beyand the point that most directors do when they make a movie from a book, the legend director completly changed the plot of the books,  

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 am
There are no words or combinations of words that can even come close to describing the epic fail of the show.

There's two ways to view this show:

1)SOT made into a Mini-Series.
2)The show Legend of the Seeker, completely unrelated to SOT in any way, shape, or form.

Either way? Complete and utter epic failure of the grandest level.

The positives:

Richard, Zedd, Kahlan, and Chase are characters is the show! There's a boundary!! and Darken Rahl is trying to take over the world!! That's about it.

The negatives:

gonk scream gonk scream gonk scream gonk
crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

The show for the people who have never read SOT:

A random, average boy is told is will decide the fate of the world because of a mysterious prophecy about him. He meets a bunch of strangers in the time of about two hours and they all go out on a quest while being attacked by soldiers from a distant land and fight off crazy creatures that suddenly swoop in out of no where. Fortunately a compelete stranger gives him a magic sword and tells him he's the chosen one to be the Seeker, even though no one ever tells him what a Seeker is, or what a Seeker's purpose is (I don't even think they even named him correctly as not just the Seeker, but the Seeker of Truth).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am
even the thought of the sword is all wrong,

the thing that bugs me the most is how they didnt put in the main thing about the sword, the pain it gives when you kill someone  

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Phanari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:27 am
And Darken Rahl has blonde hair. Next, Mord Sith DON'T wear floeing skirts!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:32 am
What Chase called a dragon looked to me like the producer's idea of a gar. SO NOT!

xXTab-O-saurusxX

1. Kahlan's eyes are green not blue
2. Richard is far too baby faced and what not... but he has a nice body... >//<
Maybe he'll grow into his manliness.......

3. Zedd's hair is supposed to be in more messy and stuff.........

4. Darken Rahl is supposed to have white-ish silver hair, like Sephiroth or something........ there are things called wigs.....

5. Since when does Richard not know about the damn Book of Counted Shadows?.................

6. Why doesn't Adie have white hair? - I thought it was white?.....

7. Where are freaking Mord-sith?.........

8. What's with the tooth around Richard's neck?...........

My number one peeve with this whole ******** thing is the fact that RICHARD KNEW ALL ABOUT THE BOOK OF COUNTED SHADOWS, HIS FATHER MADE HIM MEMORIZE IT BEFORE IT WAS DESTROYED!!!!
SO MUCH OF THE SERIES HINGES ON THAT FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So- what the hell?.....

What's going on here?........

And wtf was that thing Chase called a dragon?.... that was honestly not a ******** dragon.

Don't get me wrong............. I still love it!

But honestly they did butcher so much of this ******** series already........

-sobs-
crying

Phanari

sabre_sword
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 am
I might've missed this.. when did we ever see a Mord-Sith?

Maybe they didn't explain the pain of the sword because Richard isn't fully attuned to it yet, and I don't remember the "pain" being explained until like.. the third book. But it has been a while. o.o;

I beg to differ. I do not in the slightest way, believe that it was an utter epic failure. It was an honest effort on Sam Raimi's behalf and despite the show being his own adaptation, you have to look at it from a different perspective. Pretend you aren't a fan of SoT, then it becomes a slightly cheesy but decent premeire of a fantasy adventure series that I would continue watching.

And .. that was only the first episode. o.o;

Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces