Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
GO VEGITARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aamira Z

Invisible Explorer

6,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:10 pm
Did you know cows cry when they are about to be killed? Did you know that your meat comes from animals that were beat to death? We could put a stop to this if we just put down that discusting fatty hamburger and became a veggitarian. You only need 26 grams of protein a day and tofu has 4 times as much protein as meat. There is no excuse. MEAT IS MURDER!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 am
but it's soooooooooooo tasty crying crying crying  

Kuzunoha_1st

Omni01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:50 pm
true tofu does have more protein but your body can only adsorb so much from the foods you eat at any one time. so weather you eat tofu or meat you're still gaining the same amount of protein per serving. but i like tofu more personally.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:05 am
Kuzunoha_1st
but it's soooooooooooo tasty crying crying crying

What if your mother was tasty? Would you eat your her? (Please say no)  

aamira Z

Invisible Explorer

6,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kuzunoha_1st

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:54 am
hm........... that's hard to choose
blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh

just kidding
of course not  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:41 pm
amia Z
Did you know cows cry when they are about to be killed? Did you know that your meat comes from animals that were beat to death? We could put a stop to this if we just put down that discusting fatty hamburger and became a veggitarian. You only need 26 grams of protein a day and tofu has 4 times as much protein as meat. There is no excuse. MEAT IS MURDER!

Look, i eat meat because i like it, and all these vegitarins say all this about eat right, and be healthy and all this bad stuff is happing to animals. Well guess what, i dont care. its part of the food chain, deal with it.  

Rekku the king

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 pm
Mm... If people weren't supposed to eat animals, I don't think we'd have evolved that way. Animal abuse is wrong, yes. But not all places abuse their animals when taken to slaughter.

Iron stores often tend to be lower in 'vegetarians' than 'non-vegetarians' and iron deficiency is more common in vegetarian and vegan women and children. Tofu and other soy products contain phytic acid, which is a strong chelator of important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc, and can therefore contribute to mineral deficiencies in people whose diets rely on these foods for their mineral intake... If you're one of those that believes you shouldn't even have dairy products or eggs, you're particularly in trouble in the way of vitamin B12, as thats pretty much one of the few natural ways to get it(apparently taking pills for it is rather counter-productive). Some impaired bone mineralisation has been found among 'vegans' who do not consume enough leafy greens, which are sources of abundant calcium, though it isn't nearly as much of an issue for 'vegetarians'. And for those of you who are big on phsiology.. The mainstream scientific consensus is that humans are physiologically best suited to an omnivore diet. The Vegetarian Resource Group, among others, has concluded that humans are naturally omnivores based on the human ability to digest meat, as well as plant foods, with the correspondent metabolic tendency to an adaptation that makes them need both animal and vegetable nourishment.

And if you love irony... There are several variants of E. coli and they can be found in a healthy human gut, but the deadly strain, O157:H7 was virtually unheard of until the 1980s. It is believed that this strain evolved in the digestive system of grain fed cattle on large industrial farms. On these farms, grain is used as cattle feed because it is nutrient-packed and increases efficiency. A side effect of feeding grain to cattle is that it increases the acidity of their stomach — and it is in this acidic gut that the deadly O157:H7 thrives.

I'm intrigued though... How do you define the vegetarian diet? I can think of three off the top of my head.

But... I'm done soap-boxing. There are arguments for both sides. I'll concede that people as a whole could probably use to move to a more healthy diet and consume more plants, but I do not believe that meat should be completely cut out. Its definitely not something one should just start doing on a whim -- consult your doctor first.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:09 pm
To each there own. I prefer what the indians did. they would prey that the animal forgive them and have a peacefull afterlife and then use every part of it's body for some thing so that less animal would die. ...at least i think that was the indians..... i can't remember.... oh well...  

Tocre

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:27 pm
Native Americans. Notorious for their coinciding with nature and managing to find a use for -EVERY- part of an animal's body...

I think many old cultures had similar traditions about animals, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 am
Lieutenant Sarach Hawkeye
Native Americans. Notorious for their coinciding with nature and managing to find a use for -EVERY- part of an animal's body...

I think many old cultures had similar traditions about animals, though.

stare

oh, so you wait till i come to make a big consumption{im to lazy right know to make it right} about it, but for someone else your give a misly 2 lines!!! scream  

Rekku the king

Kuzunoha_1st

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:21 am
wee..........

go sarach! go!

rofl rofl rofl rofl  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items