Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
General Chit-Chat - Stop by and say hello! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knock-Knock
  Who's there?
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 pm
Hello all!!

I've been horribly absent....sorry...

Lovely to stop by and read everyone's news though! I hope you're over that cold, Sablara. And Mercenary, I look forward to seeing those photos!

Did you enjoy the Career fair, Bakura? I hope it was very inspiring! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 am
So good to see you, D! I hope all is well *hugs*

I'm almost back to a normal routine - thank goodness! I've been exhausted lately (well, I was sick for 3 weeks...then it has taken me another week to catch up on good quality sleep), but now I'm back to my old self and feeling positive again. I've applied for an internal job move...I should find out at the end of the week if I will make it through round 1 - and get an interview.
*fingers crossed*
I don't think the grass is any greener on the other side of the office, but a change is as good as a holiday!  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 am
Hi everyone! I'll be off soon to another career fair this afternoon. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 pm
crying i´m sorry i´m not very active at the last time. i have a lot of things to do...and i´m also closing my own guild.  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:04 pm
Well, Doressa, the career fairs weren't inspiring in the sense there are jobs/careers out there to be had, buuut...I am now more determined than ever to fullfill one of my dreams. blaugh Dun-dun-dunn! To start my own business! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:54 pm
I wish you the best of luck in fulfilling your dream Bakura. It's not easy but from what I can tell well worth it. My brother is trying to start his own DJ (weddings/parties/etc) business and coming up with the startup money is the hardest part.  

Luciano LaChance

Sparkly Smoker

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:31 pm
3nodding Yes, I hear that as well; I figure, though, I have nothing left to lose and everything to gain. blaugh I plan on starting a Calligraphy invitation/envelope/scripting kind of business myself. One of my dad's cousin's wife wanted me to start a "Mary Kay" business, but I could never see myself doing that (especially since I don't like make-up and don't really see myself doing anything close to that EVER!).

From the research I have done, a Calligraphy business won't cost too much to start with, but it will take a lot of time. 3nodding So I hoping there will be a need for this sort of thing in my area. I think there would be, but I have to do a bit more research on the demographics in my area. That will take time. Anyway, I'm excited and I know that excitement is one thing that does take someone far when they are trying to start their own business. : big:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 pm
Hello everyone!

Just popping in to say HI! I've been a member for a long while now but haven't really been active. Sorry for that - you know how life can be so hectic. Anyway - I'm back and looking to make some new friends and join into some exciting chit chat and witty banter. So don't be afraid to say HI! :]

<3 - Siri  

Siriein

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:36 am
Siriein
Hello everyone!

Hello! Lovely of you to pop in here!

Firstly I'd like to rant about the new idea Gaia has to get money out of kiddies - the lotto. Isn't that illegal or immoral or something??

Other than that, I've got nothing really to complain about. It's finally spring, the sun is out, and I got a promotion at work. Admittedly it's not a pay rise...and it doens't take effect until January 1, but it's a small win which I very much needed at work. (Everyone in my team is pretty blue - team dynamics are crappy as one of our bosses in (a)leaving the country in 6 months and the other one is a prat (who ignores most of the team and likes to pick fights).

My study is going well - I'm struggling to keep on top of it all (but I am, just!). Fortunately I'm enjoying it; I do love a challenge!

I hope everyone is well and happy.
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:06 am
Hello all!

It's been such a weird week - Starting out with tears, ending on a high (for a change!).
I am still stressing; it's only 3 weeks until our big review and 5 weeks until my exams. Fortunately I'm still really enjoying my study which is keeping me positive about life. I got my first essay (first essay in 9 years!) back today - 78%! I'm very pleased about it! I know it's not that good, but it's good for me!

I hope everyone is well and happy
heart  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:15 am
Wow i didnt know anyone posted here anymore!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 am
Levina-jade
Wow i didnt know anyone posted here anymore!

Yes, we are still here...just not at chatty as the youngsters
crying

Good to see you popping by!  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:19 am
with some luck i will have a job soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 am
That's great! Best of luck to you! blaugh

Steven goes for an interview in a small town called Smithville, Missouri, Tuesday morning. 3nodding I still have no idea about jobs for myself, but am really focusing hardcore on pushing that stay-at-home job involving calligraphy and possibly freelance animation or writing. Nothing else worth noting at the moment.

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sashanaru

Aged Browser

8,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:10 am
Oh god, ever since I stopped modding, I'm miserable on Gaia. Nobody talks to me, I don't have a home "forum/thread" to hang out and chat in and it's killlllinnnng me. If I don't figure this out soon, I'll leave Gaia altogether. Sooo boooored it's insane.

I could try to go back to modding but then I get all that stress and drama back.

*flails*  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces