A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Writing: Prose
Writing a Teen Novel Right Now

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

From that excerpt, right now, could you think of a title for my novel book thing?
  Yeahh
  Uh, no
  Not even if I had super powers
View Results

teenroses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 am
Oooh, my skillz suuck. lol

Anyway, I'm working on a book, and it's going to take a LOT of editing, since I'm really bad at not putting in details and etc. Just that I'm not really good.

So, here's an excerpt:

Quote:
“What’d I say?” Kathryn asked me quizzically, and sadly, I was sure she was serious.
I turned away to get a drink, and replied, “What do you think you said?” So original, right?

“I don’t know, what did I say?” That wasn’t Kathryn. Definitely, since when did she sound like a guy?

Looking up, I saw Mr. Tall-Dark-And-Handsome cocking a side smile. Maybe Terry’s twin, with brunette hair and a gorgeous touch of perfection. Score!

“Mmmm…,” I hesitated as the bell for the next class chimed loudly, “I think you said that you’re going to be late for 2nd period.”

“That’s all right, I’ve got time,” he leaned over me, his deep eyes pierced into mine, and my heart thumped a considerable amount.

“Destiny!!” Jenny called from down the corridor, and I stepped back regretfully, and hurried off to Biology.

“Sorry,” I yelled back down, “is it alright to continue our conversation at lunch?” I pleaded for a positive answer.

“Fine with me.”

I could have sworn for a second there, that he voice was winking to me, and as I stepped into Biology, I spaced out, thinking about Terry and Mr. T.D.H., wondering if either of them was single.

Hehe...Basically it's about a girl named Destiny, that in middle school and elementary, she was the loser, the freak that no one liked. And though she's changed, turned preppy and tried her best, no one seems to care, and treats her even worse.

So, then she finds out shes moving, etc etc etc, starts out fresh in Clintwood High, etc etc...I need to put more detail in my writing, though...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:54 pm
I think a plot outline would help. And more detail would definitely be good as well.  

dragongirl187

teenroses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:30 pm
alright, of course.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:37 am
I like it, but yes, more detail is defiantly needed and wanted!  

Collote
Crew

chickie94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 pm
I really like it so far, definitely sounds like something I'd go to Barnes and Noble for smile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 am
It looks interesting Other than a plot outline (always a plus) and more details, you might want to take a theme and try to craft it into a title. One of my works is about the darkest time in someone's life, but also the brightest so I titled it "Blackest Dawn" Usually works Okay, at least temporarily.

Peace, love, and good books,
Monkeegirl1960

Monkeegirl1960

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 pm
It's well written, but I really need some more info to give you any ideas. Knowing what it's about would be great. Knowing who the characters are would be even better.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Hmm more detail, plot outline, a little more and I think you have me hooked.  

Ginjar420

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff