Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
Other books TG fans may like. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Blind God

Savage Prophet

11,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:55 am
Post some of your fave books for those of us who are waiting on the next book in the series. I like a lot of books, but for ones that are a bit less mainstream, I have a particular fondness for the Magic: The Gathering books, as I am an avid fan of the card game, as well. I liked the Brother's War related books, and I'm trying to hunt down others in the MTG book series. I like the Harry Potter books too, despite their being more for younger readers. Terry Brooks is a decent writer as well, and SoT fans may like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. On that note, which of these two do you (being familiar with both the SoT and Wheel of Time books) think would win in a fight: Richard Cypher/Rahl or Rand al'Thor? I, personally, think it would be a tie. Anyway, back to suggested reading. Anyone else have some books they'd like to suggest?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 am
WoT, Song of Fire and Ice, The Gunslinger*even though it starts to suck after book 4*, Dragonlance only up until the first series Mina appears. They are all good series. Now for the Richard Vs Rand thing, i would have to say Rand cause he is in conscious control of his magic. Richard isnt its all jst instinct.  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

The Blind God

Savage Prophet

11,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:05 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
WoT, Song of Fire and Ice, The Gunslinger*even though it starts to suck after book 4*, Dragonlance only up until the first series Mina appears. They are all good series. Now for the Richard Vs Rand thing, i would have to say Rand cause he is in conscious control of his magic. Richard isnt its all jst instinct.
Rand is, however, like Richard, learning as he goes. Rand has developed more in that sense, however, and I would have to agree with you, but for different reasons. By the way, Platinum, have you read any of the MTG books, or ever played the game?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:27 am
Sammael Laertes
Platinum_Behemoth252
Rand is, however, like Richard, learning as he goes. Rand has developed more in that sense, however, and I would have to agree with you, but for different reasons. By the way, Platinum, have you read any of the MTG books, or ever played the game?

nvr read any of the books but i own roughly 10k cards....i stopped collecting them after Morridin. I have almost every sliver card and an almost unbeatable sliver deck. too bad they are bannned in tournament use. I havent played in a long time but only because i know a few ppl who play and there arent many amatuer meetings for jst playing where i live.  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

The Blind God

Savage Prophet

11,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:21 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Sammael Laertes
Platinum_Behemoth252

nvr read any of the books but i own roughly 10k cards....i stopped collecting them after Morridin. I have almost every sliver card and an almost unbeatable sliver deck. too bad they are bannned in tournament use. I havent played in a long time but only because i know a few ppl who play and there arent many amatuer meetings for jst playing where i live.
The books (or at least the one's I've read so far) are very good. I have a load of cards, and I don't like fighting against sliver decks, myself, that's why I put things like Extinction in my sideboard. I'm trying to join the MTG guild here on Gaia and trying to start a MTG club at my college, as well. You should get back into it, the new Ravnica cards are awesome. You should go to www.magicthegathering.com and go to The Gatherer (the card search engine) and look at the Ravnica cards. Ninth Edition just came out, as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:27 pm
Sammael Laertes
Platinum_Behemoth252
Sammael Laertes
Platinum_Behemoth252

The books (or at least the one's I've read so far) are very good. I have a load of cards, and I don't like fighting against sliver decks, myself, that's why I put things like Extinction in my sideboard. I'm trying to join the MTG guild here on Gaia and trying to start a MTG club at my college, as well. You should get back into it, the new Ravnica cards are awesome. You should go to www.magicthegathering.com and go to The Gatherer (the card search engine) and look at the Ravnica cards. Ninth Edition just came out, as well.

The new ones are cool and all but call me old school you dont see cards like Dakkon Blackblade anymore. ^_^ i love my copy of him. ^_^  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Miroku2235
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:12 pm
Yea, WoT is a good series as well as Dragonlance. A good series I read was called The Lightbringer Trilogy. Pretty unique story line. I still have my MTG cards, we just kinda stopped playing...maybe its because I was sick of being owned by your damn slivers 5 turns into the game... scream  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:10 am
Who is the author of the Wheel of Time series?

I wanna go to Chapters or Coles and find some of the books in that series, since im running out of books to read.

Right now im finishing up some books in the Dragonlance series.  

Brokeded9

Miroku2235
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:04 am
the author is Robert Jordan. He currently has 11 books out so be sure to read them in order.

Prequel - New Spring: The Novel <--- (Read last)
1. The Eye of the World
2. The Great Hunt
3. The Dragon Reborn
4. The Shadow Rising
5. The Fires of Heaven
6. Lord of Chaos
7. A Crown of Swords
8. The Path of Daggers
9. Winter's Heart
10. Crossroads of Twilight
11. Knife of Dreams  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:40 am
Miroku2235
the author is Robert Jordan. He currently has 11 books out so be sure to read them in order.

Prequel - New Spring: The Novel <--- (Read last)
1. The Eye of the World
2. The Great Hunt
3. The Dragon Reborn
4. The Shadow Rising
5. The Fires of Heaven
6. Lord of Chaos
7. A Crown of Swords
8. The Path of Daggers
9. Winter's Heart
10. Crossroads of Twilight
11. Knife of Dreams

good job will. ^_^ oh look wut i can do!
Miroku2235
I am a big giant poopy head. ^_^

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Ryden_Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:16 pm
some girls may like a series called Kushiel dart. its a really really in depth series and i mean it gets into a lot of places!!!! But there are three books
1: Kushiels Dart
2: Kushiels Choosen
and 3: Kushiels Avatar. very good books, long but good. you wont wanna put it down.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:42 am
Ryden_Hunter
some girls may like a series called Kushiel dart. its a really really in depth series and i mean it gets into a lot of places!!!! But there are three books
1: Kushiels Dart
2: Kushiels Choosen
and 3: Kushiels Avatar. very good books, long but good. you wont wanna put it down.

what are they about?  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Queen of Vagueness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:19 am
David Eddings has great series too 3nodding
He's one of my favorite writers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:49 pm
Queen of Vagueness
David Eddings has great series too 3nodding
He's one of my favorite writers

Yes he does quite good they are. ^_^  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

drax_007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:47 pm
I just finished a book called The Magician's Guild by Trudi Canavan, about how a commoner discovers she has magic when most people thought only those in the Magician's Guild has magic. It's rather interesting, it's a 3 book series, and I think that's the only novels published by this author.  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games