Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
my serger hates me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dkpuppets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 pm
ok, so I was sewing along one day and my needle broke. I thought, ok I'll just put a new one in. well, I've re-threaded it ten times and it still doesn't work right. I even tried a different thread thinking maybe it was old and that is why it keeps breaking. I follow the instructions (which can be very confusing sometimes) and it still doesn't work. I even cleaned out all the dust, but the thread keeps breaking. any ideas? crying I was going to make my little girl a pretty dress but I don't want to do it without a serger, I'm a little spoiled that way.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 am
Mine hates me too~! It was working fine for my mom, and then when i asked her to show me how to use it, it got borked. just plain old refused to work. So i'm no help there. xd  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Trinity Quinn

Profitable Tycoon

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:13 am
When you thread the machine, there is an order in which you thread the the needles.
On most sergers, the order is:
1. thru the upper looper (the needle on the right bottom
2. thru the lower looper (the needle on the left bottom)
3. upper needle
This often is what the problem is when you have issues after replacing a needle.

The other possiblity (which would explain if your thread is breaking) is that the replaced needle was put in backwards. The front of the needle has a long groove that leads down to the eye.

Hope any of that helps.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 pm
well, the thought occurred to me that the needle was backwards, maybe I will try that. thanks for your support!  

dkpuppets

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff