Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Probably my strangest sewing pattern help request...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 pm
So recently, i've been wanting to sew new things. Things i never would have done before. So my girlfriend and i were watching moulin rouge, and it wsa that scene where she's in the elephant, in the pretty black lingerie. My girlfriend looks at me and says "Wouldn't that be cuter if..." and we talked for a while and she said "I'd totally wear that."

Well, i totally want to make it now. And so heres what i'm looking for, but haven't had much luck with.

I'm looking for a front-closing corset. Really, thats the hardest part for me to find. I've been looking for a couple of days, pretty intensely, and i haven't been able to find one. Ideally, it would have a sweatheart neckline and lace up the front, but i can probably change the neckline myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:11 pm
I think what you're running into is that Victorian corsets usually close in thre front with a steel busk and lace in the back. Is that right? You might be able to alter a pattern so that it closes with lacing in the front instead of the busk.
If you're not worried about being period-correct, there are several front-closing corset patterns in the costume section of all the major pattern companies.  

Trinity Quinn

Profitable Tycoon

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Signature Look 250

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 pm
Well, the thing is that i'm not really looking for a period corset. I'm looking for something that'll be semi-comfortable...

Everything that i've found looks like it would look strange with it lacing in the front.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:44 am
it's hard to say without seeing the actual pattern, but this looks like it might be close. http://www.sewingcentral.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=victunder.html&cart_id=8846351_26280
I don't think it is supposed to be "comfortable" but I don't know for sure.
if it's not what you want this site has a ton of different styles.  

dkpuppets

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff