Reply Writing: Prose
Encouragement?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phriya

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:39 pm
If/when you're working on a piece, who do you turn to for encouragement? Do you have some on the sidelines giving you tips and criticism along the way? Or do you keep it to yourself and finally unveil your masterpiece for all the world to see?

Also, if you're having writer's block what do you use for motivation?

----

I'm personally paranoid of showing people my work, my fiance reads my updates and gives me feedback.

For my motivation, I imagine the events of my story as if it were a movie. Sounds kind of weird now that I'm typing this but picturing my story as a live action film gets me excited to keep writing - like I can't wait to see what happens next!

You? smile

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:11 am
I'm going to move this to the writing subforum because it fits better there. I am pretty paranoid with my work too. I very rarely let people read it. If I have writer's black, I usually listen to music or do something completely out of the way before going back and working on my writing again.  

penandpaper67
Captain

5 to midnight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 am
When I do write I don't let anyone see it! Heehee! When I get writers' block? Well actually usually before I write any of it I see it, sort of like you Phriya, like a movie or something. It all plays out before hand. When I do get writers block, well that usually means I just don't feel like writing..hehe.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 am
depends on the story for everything, u know?

sharing? sometimes depnding on the story, i have certain ppl read it and then they get caught up and it turns into an inside joke and they become little consciences on myshoulder as write, sorta. other stories i wait and develop fully before sharing, it's like having a secret and the feeling just makes me happy, like it's going to suprise some1 and i can't waitto see their reactions, or like waking up christmas morning, or going to bed christmas eve when ur little, that feeling of anticipation is like a bubble inside u making u lighter

and writers block? sleeping on it, creating random completely insane scenarios and working off them to see if they could work, or just completely elaborating and stretching what i have so it's like a huge lie, then popping it and trying to see what pieces remain. or just setting it aside leaving it for a few days (or weeks), then picking it up again with a clean slate  

AmenthystMoon

kandie_kissies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:24 pm
Usually, when I let my mind wander, I come up with these really good ideas. It gets to me until I start working on it! gonk  
Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games