Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Israel v Hamas smackdown Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:04 pm
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24849512-401,00.html

Hamas is finally facing up to the consequences of constantly rocketing Israel.

Just a note: Most of the 200 killed are in fact Hamas members, according to Palestinian medics, not civilians.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 pm
I'm Israeli and this whole thing is really stressing me out. :/  

The Zodikosis

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm
Well, I've always sided with Israel in this conflict simply because of my opposition to Islam. This is good news.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 pm
The Zodikosis

Cool. I was born in Israel as well. Which part are you from?

And in news, Israel has called up 6000 reservists and it seems a ground offensive into Gaza is inevitable.  

DanskiWolf

The Zodikosis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:49 am
DanskiWolf
The Zodikosis

And in news, Israel has called up 6000 reservists and it seems a ground offensive into Gaza is inevitable.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was born in Jerusalem but I lived in Ra'anana. Where are you from? smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:34 pm
The Zodikosis
DanskiWolf
The Zodikosis

I was born in Jerusalem but I lived in Ra'anana. Where are you from? smile

Born in Haifa, lived in Ariel till we came here to Australia.  

DanskiWolf

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:38 pm
Damn, there are alot of Israelis in here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Well, two at least. rofl

Still, it's rather funny that American Jews mostly support the Democrats and overwhelmingly voted for Obama while Israelis on the whole tend to prefer conservative Republicans like Bush or McCain (not to say Obama is unpopular in Israel). Similarly here in Australia, Jews to my knowledge generally support the conservative Coalition over Labor.  

DanskiWolf

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:48 pm
Israel now has thousands of troops marching into Gaza. Officially, one Israeli soldier has been killed. Approximately 50 Hamas militants have also been killed. Gaza City, the defacto capital of the Gaza Strip is now surrounded by Israeli tanks.

Personally I think Israel should go all out and overthrow Hamas and replace it with a Fatah/PA government.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:34 pm
Well that is surprising. You'ld think the Jews would support the Republicans, because they are the ones who want the US to support Israel.

As for the whole Gaza ordeal, I back Israel. I don't really care about the issue, but I'm anti-Arab and anti-Islam, and therefore inclined to support the Israelis.  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:24 am
Danski- The problem with ousting Hamas in the West Bank is that Hamas enjoys the overwhelming support of the populace there. They already ousted Fatah in favor of Hamas once. It wouldn't take much to do it again. Israel's current strategy of targeted airstrikes and strategic incursions will suffice. If Israel continues to traffic peacefully with the West Bank, and deal harshly with Gaza, there's a good chance that at least the Palestinians in the West Bank will get the message and continue to pursue diplomacy with Israel. The end of the process will likely be an independant West Bank Palestine. Gaza, however, will probably remain outside West Bank control and pursue its own independent course.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:16 pm
The Israelis aren't going to allow independance for either side after the long war going on. This whole ordeal is a massive show of force by Israel into hopefully putting down Hamas once and for all. Diplomacy and peaceful measures haven't worked, so now Israel's resorting to overwhelming firepower. I support them entirely.  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:22 pm
Given that the West Bank has remained totally outside the sphere of the current conflict that's a fairly off-base statement to make. Fatah is the best thing the Israelis have going, and allowing an independant Palestine comprised of the West Bank is the biggest diplomatic coup against Hamas. The West Bank IS pursuing diplomatic and non-violent paths. Do no conflate them with the absurdity happening in Gaza.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 pm
I'm not. I'm simply saying that violence or not, neither the West Bank or the Gaza Strip will be an independant nation by the end of this conflict. Israel wants to control all of Palestine. Look at their history and all of their wars to defend it.

In other words, did you hear about Israeli plans to withdraw from Gaza the day Obama is inaugurated. They're not going to go through with this without US support.  

Garrett31212

The Zodikosis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:56 pm
DanskiWolf
Well, two at least. rofl

Still, it's rather funny that American Jews mostly support the Democrats and overwhelmingly voted for Obama while Israelis on the whole tend to prefer conservative Republicans like Bush or McCain (not to say Obama is unpopular in Israel). Similarly here in Australia, Jews to my knowledge generally support the conservative Coalition over Labor.

I've never understood why Jews here support the Democratic side. Never ever. It makes no sense--seeing as the liberal side is AGAINST Israel. Unless of course they just don't care about Israel and I've found that to be more and more the case in my Jewish community, which makes me sick. Jews are barely Jews here anymore. Half of the youth have become atheist, agnostic, or pagan, even, although I think that trend stretches to other religions too. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, it's just not good news for the already small Jewish population.
To be honest, American Jews and Israeli Jews are two different breeds in my eyes, on more than just the political level. I can tell the difference right away.

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff