Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Constructive Criticim please.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tilted Moonlight

Divine Nymph

7,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:43 pm

I made these and would like some feedback please.

User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:14 am
Umm... what exactly would you like comments on?

Hmm... I see you used the same brushes for each of them. Not that that's a bad thing. I guess it's okay, a little plain-ish but nobody said there was anything wrong with simplicity yo pirate

(one thing though... try not to use pictures not done by you...)  

Umiman

A n i m o n i

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:27 pm
i would say i don't know how you do that background things...i've been looking where and how do they do that but anyway....its good.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:50 pm
Oooh! I like it! I can't seem to find anything wrong. smile  

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Kitsuta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:14 pm
They're all very nice. domokun

Some nit picky things: You reuse a lot of the same things in each of your pieces. Now normally people won't notice and therefore won't care, but in general it's good to be able to do different pieces with different 'feels' or moods. Like the one with Daisuke from DN Angel.. insteal of the swirly brushes and sparkleys, you could have maybe put circlesque things(see the banner in my sig) and diamonds. That would give the piece a unique feel. And for the "greetings" one, maybe you could have left off the grid background, giving it an overall softer feel. I'd have to say my favorite is the rose one -- its background is very well composed and creates a singular mood, nothing is competing with anything and it gives off a very unified feel. And you added sparkleys on the foreground picture, that's just cool. smile

Also, the "Greetings" piece, the art might be a little too flattened by making it all one color. Of course if you received art like that, that's fine, but try to make more subtle changes to the art. Like the Daisuke one, it looks very cool, it has kinda a color 'theme' even though there is white and red that you don't use elsewhere. It fits in with the background anyway, color-wise. But the 'greetings' one looks too monotone, there is no difference of color/tint.

As for using images.. you shouldn't definately stick with images you or the website owner owns the copyright too. That means fanart, photos you took(of real life, not other people's art of course), and of course illustrations/drawings/etc you/the website owner made. That way you can keep within the law, and anyway, I think it's cooler to use your own art in your website. But that's just my opinion... ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:21 pm
I really like all of these pieces. My only suggestion is that you give careful consideration to the quality of the images you are using. I'm not sure whether (particularly in the first and third) you started with poor quality images, or if you stretched them. Regardless, I think they just look a little grainy/blurry. It takes away from the works overall. I really like your use of transparency and line, though. xd  

DyslogistiK

rogue_designer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:10 pm
Good color schemes and textures.

I'd be wary of using other's artwork, but whatever.

My only question is what are these meant to do/be? Design has a purpose, and good design solves a problem/fills a need. I don't understand what these accomplish - and without seeing them in context, it's hard to evaluate their effectiveness as designs.

very pretty tho.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:09 pm
i dont really see anything different than what other people have said. my only thing is that i dont like scripty type faces. they are hard to read. did you try a sripty higher case letter then a normal font like helvetica or garamond. some thing that works and looks good with the first letter...but then i dont know what it would look like because i dont have the files with me.  

thejessjess

thejessjess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:11 pm
ps watch your kerning (loose some space between the 'W' and 'elcome') it sorta reads w elcome  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games