Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Pharaoh's Tomb

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oldy, but a goody
  yep
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:29 pm
One of the older computer games that I like to play is called Pharaoh's Tomb.
There are no fancy graphics, but it is challenging and fun.
Most probably won't recognize the title, because it's from 1990.
It follows the adventures of the research assistant, Nevada Smith, as he gets fed-up with never being given the chance to do anything. So you set off on your own quest for an ancient egyption tomb (that you discovered), before the professor can.
You face many tricky traps and dangerous enemies as you explore the pyramid's complex maze.
There are 20 levels to explore and collect artifacts from. You are given a set number of lives to work with, and a set number of spears, though you pick up more of both along the way. The artifacts can be within any wall block, so just hit your head on everything (yes - that's how you uncover secrets), as you proceed.

It can be very difficult at times, and the save function is limited so if you stop playing and start up later, you will have to start all over again. There are 3 additional volumes to this game, so you do not reach the pharaoh in the first one.

This game is old enough to cause problems playing it on any modern computer, but that's because it's "MS-DOS" based. If you want to play it, you have to get the program "DOSBOX".
Yet despite it's age, it's well worth the time, and would be a fun game for anyone that doesn't think that graphics "MAKES" the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:44 pm
The controls remind me a little of Mario. Jumping to hit blocks in the air, jumping over enemies. I used to be able to play it all the way through. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces