Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Myst

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:18 pm
One of the first really popular PC games, Myst is a little confusing at first to gamers who are used to the action-packed shoot-em-ups of today. But it and its sequels have a loyal following. I got the Playstation port years ago and fell in love with the beautiful scenery and engrossing mechanics.

Basically, it's a first-person, 3-D puzzle game with lots of exploration elements. Your character, who is nameless and utterly unknown, pops into a seemingly unpopulated island and begins the fascinating exploration that will take you to several other islands as well. Your only human contacts are trapped inside books. Actually, they're trapped on other worlds; the books just serve as gateways. There are numerous puzzles on each world that must be solved in order to progress and in order to solve the ultimate riddle of the game: who are these people, and which one of them do you trust?

This is a great game to play to wind down, or if you're in the mood for something that makes you think instead of just react. And the backstory for the worlds and characters are extraordinarily well-filled out by the books you can read parts of in-game, the sequels, and the real life book (Myst Reader) that the game designers wrote.

The first sequel, Riven, picks up where the first one leaves off, and the second sequel, Exile, picks up after one of the stories in the Myst Reader. They all have you playing as the same nameless character who first arrived on the mysterious and empty island just in the nick of time at the beginning of Myst, continuing your story as well as their own.

I am a Myst nerd. Thank you. *bows* whee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:51 pm
When I started playing it, I didn't expect much.
But quickly discovered that myst is very fun and entertaining.
And I'm glad to say the same of riven as well.

I have not played the third one yet, but I have high expectations.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:15 am
It was so funny cuz you didn't think you'd like a puzzle game with no action. rofl But I sucked you in. twisted  
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games