Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Living with roommates!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hazzwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 pm
I so wish my roommate didn't always have the tv on. It's extremely distracting when I'm trying to do art, listen to music, or worse, trying to talk on the phone. Ugh. She's not even watching it, it's just on. She needs to get headphones and play her dvds on the computer she's using instead of actually watching the tv she always leaves on! *grumble grumble*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:45 pm
I'm living with three roommates (how did I even get into this mess?!) as of right now, and it's pretty peaceful. I watch some Anime with one of them every other night, movies with another one, and the other is hardly ever there.

However, one of them hardly ever goes anywhere after his job, which can be annoying at times (can't I listen to my music in peace?) And one just hardly ever sleeps, at all, ever.

Thinking about it, I need blinds and earplugs so I can sleep on the weekends. ;_;  

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 pm
Oh, man. Roomie Hell...I really should go to bed, but I have a lot to say on this. I have had many roomies in college and out. Few turned out very good. Okay, here's a little history lesson on me (names may or may not be changed...I'm feeling lazy).

Junior year in High School, I was feeling pressure to pick a college. I didn't want to leave it for the next year because I was going to be taking heavy classes and was planning on graduating early (I was talked out of it by some people who knew once I left, I'd probably never stand on a stage again). My friend, Brandon found out where I was going, and decided to go too. There's a HUGE drama there that doesn't belong in this thread, so it'll wait. So, fast forward a year, I get accepted and have my classes determined. Fast forward 6 months, I leave for college, the day after my 18th birthday (July). I get roomed with a kid who once went to my high school and was expelled for drugs, a whiny kid who misses his girlfriend, and an alchie culinary student. Right off the bat, I have a problem with all three of them. They all smoke pot, and the smoke give me a terrible migraine. They all drink heavily, which is annoying. They all have LOTS of sex with random people...on my bed...

So, after having my cigarettes, money, and food stolen, car stolen, and nearly failing a class because this one guy, Lance barfs on my storyboard project and decides to set it on fire (since it was already ruined) I demand out.

I move in with this pretty cool guy Stewart. It was awesome. no real complaints, until I had a falling out with Brandon...Stewart chose sides. I can't blame him, he is a follower afterall. No fault of his own, it's just part of his personality. Needless to say, things got weird after a while. So, I went to stay with my friend Kenny. Living with Kenny is amazing...with one tiny hiccup. I once again have two other roommates. Shaun and.....uh....dude #4. I only saw dude #4 a couple of times, as he spent most of his free time at his fiancé's place. Shaun on the other hand...would come into our room and start an uproar if we turned the AC on. He always had the heat on. Here's the big problem with that. The unit was busted. Heat ONLY got pumped in mine and Kenny's room. He would crank it as far as it could go because he only felt what came out of our room, it never circulated into his own room. Then I met my future wife, and moved in with her, and soon after brought Kenny with me to help with the rent. Things were fantastic for nearly a year. However, he started to get lazy...looking back it was stupid, but it nearly ruined our friendship forever. As it is, the fighting was so bad, Kenny and my wife were nearly to blows when the end of his tenure with us came to pass.

During all of this, we had brought in another friend who helped mediate things and became my wife's close friend. We'll call him Andrew. He mediated the fighting with Kenny and we were very grateful, and we helped him out as he had no where to go. Andrew was great to have around. He depended on us, and we were glad to help. We all got along with him, he did the dishes since we fed him and covered his bills. It was nice having him around.

After Kenny went on to live elsewhere, My wife, Craig and I decided to leave our apartment and find a new one as the rent was going WAY up. We invited our friend Luna was had nowhere to go after she and her boyfriend split up. So, we all got a new place. Not so good. The apartment SUCKED! It had so many problems...I don't know where to begin. Long story short, I got pissed at Andrew because he had all of his s**t piled on my bed, and refused to move it (which made me have to sleep on the couch) and then out of the blue, Luna says she's leaving so she can working things out with her ex. Grrr.....thanks for the damn warning. So we all scramble to find a new apartment in the same complex without breaking our lease...minus one bedroom. After cutting a deal with the leasing office, we get a new, much better apartment. My frustration with Andrew doesn't end, as he decides to claim a whole bedroom to himself, and my fiancé and I want to keep our distance a little before the wedding. He starts a new job (YAY) and starts banging this girl from work. As soon as he starts having sex...he changes. Almost over night. I could have lived with being frustrated, but this was intolerable. The man virtually became a peacock, strutting around the place like an Alpha male. He stops helping around the apartment, stops paying his portion of the bills on time, and just becomes this arrogant prink that no one likes to be around. What's worse, is that he starts sleeping around. He'll leave random girls at our place, or give them a copy of the key...WAY NOT COOL! Needless to say, we eave him behind at the end of the lease.

Now, during this Andrew/Luna drama, Kenny is having problems of his own, which he made a rant about elsewhere. Here's a quote from that thread:
Rusted Decay
I don't know how many of you have ever had a roommate, but if you decide to get one, NEVER go with the friend-of-a-friend. Had this roommate, my buddy's old roommate. I had never been around much for long periods of time but I needed to move...due to circumstances that will not be mentioned here...and I needed someone to help split the bills. So, I asked Goodman (who was homeless) to live with me. Things were cool for a while. I worked and his mom sent money and video games to me to pay for Goodman's food and rent.

Then he finally got a job...then lost it. This became a pattern. We lived together 28 months. He'd work for 2-3 months, and be unemployed for 4-5. He borrowed money alot. Usually sold drugs to pay me back before I had to start bitching at him.

Then there were the girls. Someone like him, I don't know how he got laid as often as he did, but that kid had a LOT of sex. Rough stuff too. Holes in the wall, stains in the carpet, and two doors ripped off the hinges. All of his girlfriends and "dates" that came by ate my food while I was at work and never paid me back.

As I mentioned earlier, Goodman was a druggie. Mainly pot, but I know he's been on other stuff too. I don't have a problem when people smoke up, as long as it's in moderation...this wasn't in moderation. Same goes with the drinking. Unbearable.

AND he had a huge anger management problem. Whenever he had a bad day, he'd take it out on the walls and furniture. Here's the kicker though. My parents cosigned on the apartment, his name was only on the lease as a resident. He held NO liability whatsoever. I had to pay over 2 grand when I left that place. When I couldn't pay, the bill was passed on to the cosigners...my mom and dad. They couldn't afford it either...otherwise they would have sent me the money to start with. Now, we're being dragged to court because of him, and for reasons easiest left unexplained, this made my dad lose his job. We'd sue his little a** for damages to the family (as it's entirely HIS fault that we are as bad off as we are)...but no one can find him. He's gone homeless again. Now my parents' perfect credit is SHOT and all the small business loans they were applying for (to open a Chicago Dog franchise) were denied.

So, fear not. Not every experience can be as bad as these.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:45 pm
Oh, just to fill in a gap, Kenny and I started talking again after Luna ditched us. There were frequent visits to rant about our problems. It's nice to b***h and moan to someone who knows your pain, but isn't really involved in your drama.  

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0

FabulousNerd

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:35 pm
My roommate sucks. Our room has a really shitty design, it's made so that I have to go through his room when I leave, and he likes to sleep 9+ hours. And, he's a really light sleeper  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 am
Reading these makes me glad I have never had to room with random people.  

00Shoe
Captain

rabiote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 am
Well, I had a random roomate in college last year.. and it turned out okay. But this year, I decided to room with a friend a two random people in an apartment. I thought that it would be cool rooming with a friend, but so far it has been terrible..
Everytime I say something, she has to come back with a nasty comment... calling me a pus*y because I don't want to try pot, or have a beer. It has gotten to the point where even one of the random roomates has said something about how she is always snarking me. Not only that, but she has her boyfriend over 24/7. He not only eats our food, but he uses everything in the apartment and complains when we ask him to do stuff (since he is here all the time anyway). Neither me nor the other two random roomates like him or appreciate him around all the time. I was so happy that they went out of town this weekend...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:26 pm
I was going to have a roommate, but she got transferred to a different dorm. It's a bit of a shame being out of the social loop, but on the other hand I get to completely own my schedule...and dump my stuff all over the room.  

FiliaFlammae

PFC_Guerriero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:01 am
00Shoe
Reading these makes me glad I have never had to room with random people.
Yeah, i have to agree with you there.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 am
my roommates arn't that bad,infact i turned one of them into a fur ^^ the others arn't that bad either,ones a bit slow though but he's the only one in my room with a comp ^^  

Mazi v7

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:24 pm
emo coon
my roommates arn't that bad,infact i turned one of them into a fur ^^ the others arn't that bad either,ones a bit slow though but he's the only one in my room with a comp ^^

Are you in university or college then?  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff