Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Fans... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had fans ruin something for you?
  Yes, a couple times actually...
  Nope, you're just insane.
View Results

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:53 pm
I've been thinking ever since I started finally playing Tales of Symphonia. It's like... It's a great game and all, but I just can't bring myself to like it completely. I think I've finally figured out why.

It's the fans. Pure and simple. Nothing wrong with the game itself, but the fans annoy the hell out of me. Same thing with Twilight. I'll never be able to read those books because it attracts the kind of people I just want to rip from the gene pool. It's like... idiots flock around it and their aura rubs off on the game/book/show/ect...

Have you ever had something ruined for you by the fans? I know I can't stand LOTR now because my mother was an absolute fanatic. Maybe I'm just strange...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 am
Yes you are strange.

I epic fan I'm afraid.

Once I love something I have to know everything about it, that's how sad I am. XD

Saying that, some fans are more obnoxious then others (I'm looking at you Twilight!)  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 am
Well, yes. I'm a pretty epic fan too, once I get started on something... But sometimes you just run across those really super annoying fans that just ruin everything. Like the Twilight fans, who are mostly (not all, I'm sure, but there's a huge lot of them that are) annoying.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:58 am
Mine are Final Fantasy VII fans.

They bug me a lot, it is NOT the best Final Fantasy.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 am
Oh, yeah. They're annoying too. The Sephiroth fangirls have their own unique level of annoyance...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 pm
Pirates of the Caribbean- can't stand the idea of watching one of the movies because my niece is SOOOOOOOOOO devoted not only to the movies but is the world's biggest Orlando Bloom Fangirl. She aspires to be Mrs Orlando Bloom. OMFG!!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 am
Doesn't every pre-teen girl? Poor guy. I'm sure that's not the kind of attention he really wants. rofl At least, I hadn't heard anything about him being a ***** forgot to mention I can't stand Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel. My little cousin (who was like, 14, mind you, not five) stayed with us one summer and that was all she watched... One season of both, over and over again. I couldn't walk out into the living room without seeing one or the other. Actually, she nearly ruined Fruits Basket for me too. I was desperately searching for something to distract her with then she started watching that one over and over again. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Dear God.

Fans are weird.

*hides her Raziel fics in the corner with a cough*

I hasten to add I do NOT fancy Raziel ... that would be fuggin' odd!  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Kuramasan

Winged Star

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:44 pm
Yes, Naruto and Bleach.
Also in the past, Inuyasha (but that was a while ago)
and a good deal of yaoi...
Especially the types of girls who go crazy over yaoi and then put down 2 girls hooking up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 pm
Very strange D< You fail. The 2nd one is fun~  

churrlo

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 pm
So they're good with guy on guy but not girl on girl? Weird... Myself, I always thought yuri was more amusing because of the screen tones. But then, I read that sort of stuff to point and laugh at it because it's just so god awful. But that's another rant entirely. *cough*no plot*cough*

Back to the fans though. A friend of mine hates Tsubasa because her best friend was an idiot about it. I almost went down that path too, but I stayed away from Tsubasa fans for that reason. sweatdrop Ah, the latest chapter made me cry...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 am
I work in a book store, and worked the release party of Breaking Dawn. Twilight fans creeped me out. Too many young teens showing off way too much. My only condolence, is that the Goths actually had a crowd they could fit in with.

I enjoyed the first two Potter Movies, but the release party of that last book (which I also had to work) showed me exactly how bad fans can get. I couldn't even walk to the break-room without walking over guests, and having to avoid stepping on wizard wands.

Back when Pokémon first came out, there was a kid on the bus (2 hour ride) who wouldn't shut up about the stupid Pokémon show (and once it came out the game). I know every stinkin' detail of the original "Gotta Catch 'em all" set. I've never even wanted to give the games a chance because of it. Even now, I only tolerate hearing about it for a very short stretch.

Because of these and other bad experiences, I pretty much don't like anything with tons of hype. I'm glad to finally have a chance to rant about these crazes. The only one of those things I did have anything to do with was POGs. I still have a decent collection of them for Nostalgia's sake.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

pheonix20222

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:43 am
Pilotslover
Mine are Final Fantasy VII fans.

They bug me a lot, it is NOT the best Final Fantasy.

Im with you on that one...

*evil glare at his brother*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:54 am
I don't like Harry Potter fans either, then again I don't like Harry Potter.

Some Star Trek fans are scary ...  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

pheonix20222

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 pm
Dragon Ball Z fans get on my nerves..
Like... When they're still talking about it in high school, it gets sad.
(Its a lil' kid show) rolleyes

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces