Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Advancing Along the Path to Awesome Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 pm
As occultists of many different breeds, I'm pretty confident that we're all united by the desire to constantly get better at whatever we choose to channel our energy into, be it psi ability, magickal rites, devouring knowledge, divining the future or whatever. We strive to become better and better.

So, in that light, I wonder:

• What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?
  • Where do you want to be a year from now? Five years? Ten years?
  • What awesome things have you achieved recently?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:53 pm
This is a great topic I feel.

I think what I over all want to accomplish is finding my Familiar spirit that it may be granted by the Witchfather. That is my overall goal. I know it will be a long road but I am already starting with basic trance work, which so far I am responding to very well so far.

Ooo a year from now I want to be still doing this. I have been on and off it all my life since I started and I think it has really messed with my energies. Five years from now I hope to be a bit wiser in the ways. Ten years I hope to be still learning and helping others towards their goals. I really want to hone my skills on energy work and energy construction and such.

Recently? I haven't been doing much recently save for opening myself back up to my perceptions that I used to have. It's like I ran out of the water and I am slowly getting back in. But let's see...hmm...I think the most recent thing that I did was send a bothersome demon...faerie thing...we are still not sure what he was...but we sent him into a realm or something far from here within a stone cage. He was being very harmful to my friends and I and he was a sort of psychic parasite to one of those friends but she didn't really realize it. There were times when the entity would possess her and I wouldn't be able to get close to her because Micheeal would put up a shield that I was unable to pass without concentrating really hard.

Whether this was a real demon or something she conjured from her mind that reflected into reality I am not sure, but it could hurt us physically as well as psychically. It's gone now and good riddance I say.

FFF,
Angus  

Cunning Witch Angus

Aranka Taine

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:56 am
At the moment, my goals are to generally familiarize myself with all topics relating to the occult, and eventually start delving more into the ones that most interest me.

I want to use the knowledge that I gain while doing my research to help me write stories, to create my own worlds, and gain inspiration. In five to ten years, I would love to have something published.

Recently, I haven't achieved all that much in the way of the occult (unless you count my keeping up with the show Supernatural ::ducks any possible flaming:: ). But I'm hoping to change that once I graduate and have some free time again to explore the things I have a passion for. The occult, of course, will be one of them. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:01 am
Goals
My first goal is unselfish and is probably sacred.

I first seek to understand myself and the world. How we relate to each other on multiple levels. I have often meditated on the world with me and the world without me. And it keeps coming back to the profound impact on the world caused by the act of simply being in the world. I also believe that understanding the world/self helps to make sense of the other. He who can control himself can control the world.

My second goal is selfish and is probably profane.

I also seek to gain power and influence. My megalomania probably has some deep psychological root that I've yet to discover, but I can not shake myself from this goal through my current condition.

What I've Achieved Recently

- I've begun meditating on the foundations of what I can assume to be the first philosochological texts.
- Completed a year of college
- My self-awareness evolved some more

yay me  

Terg

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 am
What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?

1.) I have wanted ever since i was a little kid, to know everything. that is my goal, the quest that i pursue.

2.) i want to use that knowledge to give back to the world, and try to shape it the way i want it to be. to do my part, and kind of have a hand in deciding the future, ya know? i'm a seriously dedicated Activist.

3.) i want to attain Godhood. ninja

Where do you want to be a year from now? Five years? Ten years?

a year from now, i want to be doing your basic small-business type-deal, giving Tarot and Aura Readings, selling wands and other stuff. ^_^

five years, i want to be raising little wizard-tots and doing the Travelling Gypsy Family gig! xd not that i actually expect to be doing that, because Rebecca wants to settle down... iii-_-

ten years, i dunno yet, i don't think that far ahead! xd

What awesome things have you achieved recently?

._. well... nothing TOO epic... i'll be honest.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 pm
# What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?
i want to get closer to my god and my goddess, mostly. while the god seems to be accepting me quite swiftly, the goddess is more of an enigma, which isn't that surprising since she deals more with men than with women, but i shall persevere.
i want to develop my sensitivity to energy and spirits (by spirits i mean anything below a deity in power). my natural shielding is so thick that when my friend is getting the dry heaves from a spirit's presence, i most likely will be looking around with a stupid expression on my face. ditto with energy. i can manipulate it (my sensitive friend confirmed that) but i'm working blind. i can't see, feel, or sense it easily or even reliably. i know this sounds like i shouldn't be able to know that my deities like me, but beyond too many "coincidences" to count, i can feel them. well, the god at least. like i said before, the goddess is a lot more difficult than the god to figure out....

# Where do you want to be a year from now? Five years? Ten years?
1 year- writing, attending college, worshipping my gods, studying matters occult, and hopefully living with my beloved.
5 years- writing, worshipping my gods, married or engaged to my beloved, still studying things occult, and earning a living with my writings.
10 years- worshipping my gods, writing, married to my beloved, taking care of my spawn, studying things occult and even more occult, getting filthy (or, preferably, comfortingly) rich on my writings, living in Ireland or Maine, and petting a Russian wolfhound and a Mancoon cat.

# What awesome things have you achieved recently?
i got several ideas for stories, correctly divined the deities of a friend of mine, made blackberry-brownie cobbler, and had a highly nasty, utterly despicable, but sadly alluring idea as to how to get back at a former friend who decided to temporarily "lose" our friendship and nearly drove another friend of mine insane. i doubt if i ever actually do it, though... i still remember too much of the good times we had, no matter how much i want to wring her neck. however, if anyone has a damn good reason to want to hurt someone and possibly drive them insane, catch me in a good mood and i might explain it.... then again, i probably won't.
is it wrong of me to feel bad at wasting a perfectly good idea, even though its a nasty one?  

erinnightwalker

The Polar Bear Express

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 am
:: What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?

Well, I do not follow any particular path. I merely study all paths. I have yet to settle down in one yet. I am hoping to choose a path that is right for me and be able to live out my life in such a way that I would not have to hide my religion ( whatever it may be ). But because none of my parents or my boyfriend's parents seem to agree with the life I choose... I have decided to refrain from my practices until I have moved and am no longer under pressure to be like everyone else.

:: Where do you want to be a year from now? Five years? Ten years?

I hope to have joined a religion and have complete acceptance of my religion from my family. I want to be able to have my own house and have a place where I can actually set up my altar and be able to have the celebrations of the year without being bothered or ridiculed because of my beliefs. I hope to have my soul set free.

::What awesome things have you achieved recently?

Nothing really... I don't have much room, privacy, or time to do the things I would like while I am under my mother-in-law's roof. However, I discovered how to read Tarot, and believe myself to be pretty good at it. =)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 pm
What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?

My goals are to continue studying druidry and eventually get to a point where i can fluently feel the energy from all living things around me. also im an empath so id like to develop complete control over my abilities. and im going into the navy so i need to do well in my "A" school so i can choose my post better.

a year from now still in A school but hopefully with my empathy under control and able to feel alot. also i want a girlfriend

five years from now hopefully still have my girlfriend. also id like to have mastered feeling things and hearing living things. also i want my empathy under complete control and wouldnt mind having mastered remote viewing.

ten years from now idk cause i also dont think that far in advance

umm i recently did an exorcism on someone house and that went well and i also began going to group meditation which has helped me deal with some issues in my past  

Elfshaman

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 pm
Must resist temptation to talk about Druidism...must resist. Gah! Reaching for the Ronald Hutton, down Hand!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 am
What are your occult goals overall?

1. I wish to learn as much as is humanly possible. I want to know the history of various areas of the occult. I will study religions that I will never practice, simply because I wish to know all that I can.

2. I want to discover a method of preserving all of the knowledge I will have attained over the course of my life in such a way that I will be able to remember it in my next life. A person's life is so short, I know I will not be able to learn everything, and I hate the idea of having to start at square one all over again. And this is not just for occult knowledge, I want to remember everything. I want to be able to do this without any sort of contract with a being, especially not with anything that would be considered nasty or negative.

What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?

I don't have a particular path.

One year: Still in college. I want to have read at least 5 occult books this year (This is not including the books I have already read). I want to be able to remain in control when I am in my dreams, especially my most vivid ones. Memorized all futhark runes. Still with my boyfriend.

Five Years: Married, have a home (moved back into the countryside) and a career, pregnant with my first child. Have read at least 40 occult books. Learned to astral project without fear. Increased my in-born ability to communicate with plants, particularly trees, and particularly willow. Learn to play an instrument.

Ten Years: Raising two children, still with my husband, have become well known in my field. Have read at least 150 occult books. Astral projecting freely, publish a book on my hypothesis' on various occult matters, communicate easily with my spirits, Have a large library of rare occult books.

I've made a few new friends that are active in our local occult community, started to learn some of the runes by heart, gotten my dreams to start back up again (they were blocked off for about two years, I believe because of the stress of school.) Gave up television.  

Magus Initi

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:44 pm
Mitsh

• What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?

1. My goals are to just gather a medium bank of information on the world at large. I want to be able to prove to myself that humnaity and our beliefs religiously are incorrect as I hope. I want to disporove the absolutism in Jeudaism mainly, and I work twords increasing my very basic telepathic abilities.

2. In five years, I want to be able to take information I want from hman targets.

3. Saddly, i've jsut been advancing my general occult info. Gaining a backround in Hoodoo, and making my first sachets... ( that worked amazingly!! ^_^)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 am
Ephemeral Lazarus
Mitsh

1. My goals are to just gather a medium bank of information on the world at large. I want to be able to prove to myself that humnaity and our beliefs religiously are incorrect as I hope. I want to disporove the absolutism in Jeudaism mainly, and I work twords increasing my very basic telepathic abilities.

2. In five years, I want to be able to take information I want from hman targets.

3. Saddly, i've jsut been advancing my general occult info. Gaining a backround in Hoodoo, and making my first sachets... ( that worked amazingly!! ^_^)

never apologize for knowledge. in this business knowledge is our greatest weapon. its what separates the kiddies playing games from those of us who are serious  

Elfshaman

Viscerim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 pm
My overall goal?
It's a child's goal, but: I want to become something beautiful. I want to understand myself, and I want to understand how every action (including nonaction) influences the world around me; I'm going to search until I find the potential for beauty in absolutely everything starting with myself. I'm going to unlock it in myself, and then I'm going to unlock it in every aspect of this world that I can.

In five or ten years, I would be happy progressing along this path in general.

I can't say I've accomplished anything especially awesome. Not yet anyways.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:50 am
"What are your occult goals overall? What do you want to have accomplished in your life with respect to your particular path?"
I very rarely follow a path, and when I do its brief before I step back off of it. Overall I simply wish to learn and master things, I ran out of goals a long time ago.

"Where do you want to be a year from now? Five years? Ten years?"
Where I want to be one, five, and ten years from now is in a position of greater understanding.

"What awesome things have you achieved recently? "
Split my soul (partial success)  

Tac400

7,850 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games