Reply Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester
Sam VS Dean - MAKE IT STOP.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dontcallmesammy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 pm
Is anyone else tired of people always comparing them to one another? Saying that one is better than the other? I think both of the boys are amazing and the show would absolutely not be the same without either of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:06 pm
AHMEN BRODDA!!! finnaly, someone is speaking common sense around here. Dean isn't Dean without Sam, and Sam isn't Sam without Dean (we are still seeing the effects peolple) and we are not Supernatural fans without Sam and Dean.
It's cool to have a favorite, but pitting them together?!?!?!? eek stressed

even if you have made this mistake... I still love you all heart heart heart blaugh xp  

Mia_MaxRide
Crew

dontcallmesammy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:10 pm
I'm obviously Sam biased, but not once have I ever said that he, as a person, was any better than Dean!

People argue way too much over it and it really gives me a headache. The show is about TWO BROTHERS; not two brothers who are constantly competing against each other so that all of the fangirls can spend their time arguing twenty-four seven about which one was more awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 pm
It's the same thing as hearing about Edward vs Jacob. Sure you get sick of it.. but it's a conversation starter and no matter what, people are always gonna compare..

I love both my boys equally and sure, in some instances one more than the other.. but that's just how life is. If you're sick of hearing about it.. I'm sure it'll happen anyway and u just have to tune it out and ignore it.  

queeN kaskade
Captain

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:26 pm
Nope! Not tired of it yet!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 pm
Haha, we are comparing who is hotter! lol. It's fun, I mean comparing which guy has a better personality. The truth is you can't really end the discussion of which brother is better, because of the fact that they are foil characters, and if you use your critical thinking skills you learn from english, it is obvious what they are trying to point out. I mean the different attributes of the brothers is what makes their relationship such a story. The dynamic contrast really builds each character, but it's fun to compare the two. mrgreen blaugh 3nodding whee heart heart  

Seergirl

6,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

nanooki

1,900 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 am
I do agree that the series needs both of them just as they are, and looking at it from that point of view there is neither better or worse than the other.

BUT! If you step away from reality and immerse yourself in the series, you are likely to have a fave brother and opinions of the two guys as if they were real. It's part of the fun! Personally, I often call Sam an idiot, and think he needs to think much more calculatingly about his options and how he relates to the situations at hand. I still like that character, and I don't mean any offense to any other fans - it's my opinion which I enjoy having as part of my appreciation both of the character and the series. So in that sense I would say that Dean is way better and usually much more sensible. I am open to people disagreeing - at the end of the day, it's also fun to have debates and little arguments about it in jest.

So, to summarise, the show would not be the same without them BUT it also wouldn't be the same without fans mirroring the rivalrys of the two brothers. It's built into the series, it's meant to be there, and it's perfectly fun and normal. Yes, if people take it too seriously it gets too much, but I'm positive that the majority of fans are able to take things with a pinch of salt and get along - despite their arguments over who's better! wink

OK, that was a long summary xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 pm
I do agree, but people always will have fav characters. Mine is Sam, but I also love Dean.^^  

xXSammy WinchesterXx

ZackyBakerVengeance
Crew

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:20 pm
they need each other no matter what and we have all seen what happens when thier not together!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:59 pm
I agree Supernatural wouldn't as good as it is now if one brother was gone. It would be stupid. I wouldn't be able to watch the show without if there wasn't both brothers.  

Daenerys Boleyn

Beloved Vampire

9,025 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200

vitorssj3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:21 pm
dontcallmesammy
Is anyone else tired of people always comparing them to one another? Saying that one is better than the other? I think both of the boys are amazing and the show would absolutely not be the same without either of them.

Good point  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 am
i agree with both of u one cannot live without the other  

faeriefire sage

5,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Van Helvic

3,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 pm
Although i am completely guilty of arguing that Sam is better than Dean, I do get tired of it. They are both amazing and they are part of each other. Therefore, if you love one of the brothers, you must love the other one as well because Sam and Dean are not Sam and Dean unless they are together. I mean, can you even imagine a Supernatural with only one brother. That would be a sin to even think of as a possibility.

Long Live SUPERNATURAL <3
&
May the Force be with You  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:39 pm
but ya know what? cas is better than both of them!!!!  

ZackyBakerVengeance
Crew

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers