Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
My question on Divinity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God, Goddess, Divinity is
  External
  Internal
  All
View Results

Diana Ishtar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 am
I've been working on my view of 'Divinity' for the last few years and now I want to know what people think of it. Here goes. I think that the traditional path of Divinity is an external being. However, I think that Divinity is the entire universe to include the sun, earth, plants, and animals. So in a way I am a Goddess, as are you and every other living and non living thing. That doesn't sound like any religion I know of.

Of course, believing that I am a Goddess part of a larger 'Divinity,' that would mean that I could cast spells without the assistance of any element, spirit, or other entity. I have cast a simple spell without casting a circle or summoning the quarters. It was a simple spell meant to summon my potential and it worked. I wanted to get good grades and I literally went from a 2.0 to a 3.6. Do you think a spell like that could have worked if I weren't in someway Divine?

I do not claim that I am the God, as noted above, but a god. I wonder if Jesus did not feel the same or similar in his sentiment that he is "son of God". I wonder if we are not all divine as he is. I am, of course, open to debate and if you think I'm stepping a line or have some proof that what I say CAN'T be true please go ahead and post it. I would love to hear what you all think of my proposal. Just remember that at this point it is just my theory and I am NOT trying to make myself superior to anyone.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:50 pm
Certainly Jesus is a god, just like you are a goddes, and the same way that I'm a god. Jesus is a great master that came to teach people to go back to our forgotten divinity. The rituals and invocations for help are useful in a certain degree, but if you achieved tangible results without a complex ritual... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are a step closer to your divinity than the rest of us.

I believe in the oncept of Macrocosmos and Microcosmos. After all, we were created on image of God, and so we are gods and we can create. Maybe at first we willthink we are creating at a microcosmic level, but for our creation it will be macrocosmic.

Keep up the good work, Diana Ishtar.  

Ommar_Ramirez

Hravart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 am
Actually, a friend of mine, though not a spellcaster, has a similar notion of divinity. He wrote a short piece on it in his journal/blog titled Hubris
Reading some of the comments (such as Mentally Unsound's) also help to clarify it a little (comments ascend oldest to newest)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 am
I've heard of this before, Infact, There is a whole group of people who believe that on this website that I go to regularly.

But be warned, Ignorance has no age limit. :/

www.spiritualforums.com

They believe everything you've just said. I propose that you should copy and paste everything you've just said here, into there. You'll be surprised about the anwers.

Namikikyo

The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff