Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Has anyone noticed? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you share my frustration?
  yes
  no
  I don't care
View Results

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:18 am
Lately how gaia is selling all the good and/or interesting items through its cash shop? Whatever happened to MCs being the items that everyone wanted and for the most part the items being somewhat affordable. Now its only cash shop items. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so expensive on the market. Its ridictualess pay for something that doesn't exist and serves no purpose other than to make a pixelated figure look better.

Whatever happened to gaia being a nonprofit?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 am
Yes, it's uber-frustrating. stressed The admins are just obsessed with making money now. With all the ads, sponsorships, and cash shop stuff, they must be rolling in it. evil  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
I wish they would concentrate on all the moneyless people.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:52 am
Gaia's a business. Business's can't function without money. *shrugs* sweatdrop *is a gaia making money supporter*  

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 am
Can't they do both at the same time?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:32 pm
But if you do the numbers, they're making waaaaaaay more money than is necessary to run the site, even after salaries for employees. Based on the number of new MCs and cash shop items that show up in the marketplace every month, plus the going rate for web advertising, they're making over $2 million per month, gross. And that's not counting the sponsorships. A friend of mine is good with numbers and ran the calculations just for fun. whee I don't have a problem with them making money, but the new focus on profit has altered the way the site operates and the way it feels for the average user. I don't mind change, if it's good. That's my two cents, anyway.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Tybarious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:22 pm
purpleravenhawk
But if you do the numbers, they're making waaaaaaay more money than is necessary to run the site, even after salaries for employees. Based on the number of new MCs and cash shop items that show up in the marketplace every month, plus the going rate for web advertising, they're making over $2 million per month, gross. And that's not counting the sponsorships. A friend of mine is good with numbers and ran the calculations just for fun. whee I don't have a problem with them making money, but the new focus on profit has altered the way the site operates and the way it feels for the average user. I don't mind change, if it's good. That's my two cents, anyway.

agreed 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:09 am

I agree. Profit at a nominal percentage is fine. But now.. 200% or more profit eek

JanNut

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:33 am
JanNut

I agree. Profit at a nominal percentage is fine. But now.. 200% or more profit eek
it takes all the fun out of creating a dream avi or even a good looking one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 pm
indeed  

xwhateverxdudex

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:34 pm
ZOMG alone cost them over 2 million dollars to create and run. O_o; Though, I think it was a failure....*shrugs* I hate MMO games anyway. mad d

They're going to continue to make money because people will continue to buy the product. Even if shitloads of people "boycott" the cash shop, there are still tons more that make up for the ones boycotting. sweatdrop I mean, I personally know two people who spend at least 100-150 a month buying cash cards.

Seems to me that Gaia's economy is no different from America's economy. Things get more expensive yet the people don't make any more money. xD!

If I ran Gaia, I'd do that same thing. What's the point in running a business if you're not going to profit from it.

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:46 pm
*nods* that's true. I hate that. New items from gaia cash me crazy.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 am
How true, how true...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:38 pm
I guess I just expected more from gaia's admins than I do from corporate America. *sigh* Another fantasy slaughtered.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 am
There is no difference between corporate america and any company.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff