Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Is the Wii Failing? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:53 am
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752

In my opinion, its not. It's just that the Wii is a lot more mini game friendly and stupid motion controlled game friendly than the PS3 or 360.

Video Game journalism is highly prejudiced. Even people who are 'proffesionals' are mostly geared towards more violent games or RPGs, which the Wii lacks A LOT in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:04 am
No, it's not. The Wii is fine. End of discussion.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Man On The Hill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:29 am
A lot of people complain about the wii graphics and music. I don't mind them at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:18 am
If the Wii is failing, then the Playstation 3 is drowning in a pool of its own arrogance and unsold systems. If being family friendly is failing, then the Wii is failing so badly that it's selling more systems than the XBox360 and Playstation 3 combined. If only Nintendo would stick with its hard core base of fans and not try to get people who don't play games to play. Then they would not be failing. The fan base won't get any bigger, but at least they will have a healthy cult following and non gamers will never know the enjoyment of playing a real videogame.

I'm done with my sarcastic rant now. The only part that wasn't sarcastic was the PS3 drowning bit. If you agree with what I sarcastically said, please quote.  

wariodude128

teh emoogle boy

Steadfast Browser

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:39 am
It's the system that some people want to see fail.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:41 am
It's not the Wii itself, but the games the article is talking about.
While we Nintendo lovers can spot gems such as No More Heroes and our Nintendo favorites,
the so-called core fans of Microsoft and Sony only see whats advertised,
the kiddie tie-ins, and rubbish like Imagine: Party Babyz and Petz Crazy Monkeyz.

Frankly, crap like that peeves me too.
But it ropes in the small children, I suppose.
Hey, it's business.
*shrug*  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:45 pm
I feel that the games aren't quit living up to what they really could be; the ideas we all had when we first really thought about motion sensitivity, but it's far from failing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:50 pm
No way the Wii is failing. Xbox is having to copy the Mii idea just to keep up with nintendo, so how is that failing?  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:04 pm
The Wii is selling moar than the PS2. 'Nuff said.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:26 pm
The wii, isn't failing, but the article is asking if it is failing to live up to it's potential. I think it is. Like the article says. You have to shovel through a lot of shovelware to get to the prizes. Nintendo is sort of at fault I think. Nintendo's games are a "beacon of quality", but the company allows too much crap through. In my opinion Nintendo's only mistake this generation is handing out the Golden Seal too freely. I say that if you want your game to have that beautiful starburst you better damn well earn it.  

Owwin

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:26 pm
The Wii is not failing. It's just slowing down a bit. I think that it has peaked, but it has a lot of potential. It's still a great system that I use frequently. But the quality of new games coming out isn't that good. I'm waiting for The Conduit to come out, but other than that, I'm not looking forward to any new titles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 pm
the Wii is the big step towrds VR. though i doubt it'll ever happen.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:27 pm
Yeah, there's a lot of s**t being put on the consoles by Ubisoft and other companies just out to make a buck. But you know, it's as easy as not buying the games. This is what game reviewers are SUPPOSED to be doing; drawing the line between good casual games and bad, and not just reviewing everything that's casual poorly. Still, I don't think it's very hard to tell if Imagine Babyz is a bad game or not. Nintendo, Retro, and some other devs (Grasshopper, High Voltage, Platinum games and as an extension Sega) have shown the Wii's potential time and time again. It's all the other developers that are messing things up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:29 pm
It doesn't take a site to tell me that the Wii has a ridiculously high crap-to-gold ratio. It's just like the GameCube, the '64, the SNES, and even the NES to an extent. Shovelware on Nintendo consoles is old news, and should be something we're used to by now. I almost wonder if it's some kind of sick, twisted marketing strategy, making the good games look that much better by comparison.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:38 pm
Waynebrizzle
Yeah, there's a lot of s**t being put on the consoles by Ubisoft and other companies just out to make a buck. But you know, it's as easy as not buying the games. This is what game reviewers are SUPPOSED to be doing; drawing the line between good casual games and bad, and not just reviewing everything that's casual poorly. Still, I don't think it's very hard to tell if Imagine Babyz is a bad game or not. Nintendo, Retro, and some other devs (Grasshopper, High Voltage, Platinum games and as an extension Sega) have shown the Wii's potential time and time again. It's all the other developers that are messing things up.
It is a multifaceted problem. The reviewer and good developers need to start informing the consumer what games are truly gems, so the consumer stops buying the bad products, the consumers and reviewers need to tell the developers to knock off the s**t, and stop allowing shovelware on the console. The developers and consumers need to tell the reviewers to do their jobs right or drink ******** cyanide!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff