Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Conspiracy Theory?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree?
  Yes
  No
  Mabye
View Results

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:05 am
Okay, so, everything fits into this puzzle. Usually I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this seems so blatantly obvious to me... No one will know for sure I guess, but take a minute to speculate with me here, I'll explain.

About Obama- he failed to authentically present his birth certificate, so he has no means of proving he is an American citizen. That's the most basic requirement for being president, yet he somehow managed to dodge this rule.

-His name's origin is clearly Africa. His full name is Barack Hussein Obama. I'm sorry, but before this recent election, we would have mistaken that name for one from that deck of cards with wanted terrorists printed on them.

Now, during the Vietnam War, do you think people would have elected a Vietnamese president without even confirming his birthplace?!

It just seems fishy to me. Would it really still be considered "jumping to conclusions" to say he himself is a terrorist? The way people ooh and awe over him is disgustingly similar to Hitler's followers.

-All this is just an observation, I'm not convinced this is truth, I'm simply saying it's far from out of the question.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:30 am
He did, in fact, release his birth certificate.

http://www.politifact.com/media/img/graphics/birthCertObama.jpg

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

Even if he was Muslim that wouldn't make him an automatic terrorist. I'm quite positive that he's a Christian. People would have noticed if he stopped to pray five times a day in the Islamic tradition.  

DanskiWolf

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm
He did finally release it after that drawn out waiting period. As for the Vietnamese president, I wouldn't be surprised. Remember, back then the populace was largely liberal, and the War in Vietnam was highly unpopular. So, it's a good possibility. Yes, he was raised with Muslim values, yes that's a bad thing, but no he's not going to start state-sponsored terrorist programs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm
He didn't authentically release it though, did he? From what I was told, he released it online, which is not proof at all. Anyone can take a birth certificate into Photoshop and modify it to make it say what they want.

Also, a very flimsy, unconfirmed rumor that crossed my ear: someone told me he swore on the Koran when he joined the Senate? Is this true?

In any case, if he really is Christian like he claims, I don't like his "spiritual mentor", Jeremiah Wright. For attending his sermons most of his life, he sure changed his opinion of the man quickly during his campaign.

Meh, well, as my father and a few friends of mine have said- he is the president, and I should support him, regardless.  

SHl NO KAGE

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:54 pm
I'm sure someone, somewhere would be able to confirm if a birth certificate is photoshopped.

I believe he did swear in on the Qu'Ran, but that was a rumor going around the school, so it may be wrong. However, he did swear on Abe's bible when he entered presidential office.

This I do agree with, the pastor is quite... extreme.

Supporting him is not a requirement, even if you don't believe he will do good. However one that is against him can at least hope he does well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 pm
DanskiWolf
He did, in fact, release his birth certificate.

http://www.politifact.com/media/img/graphics/birthCertObama.jpg

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

Even if he was Muslim that wouldn't make him an automatic terrorist. I'm quite positive that he's a Christian. People would have noticed if he stopped to pray five times a day in the Islamic tradition.

I actually finally decided to click those links and read through them. This article sounds very convincing. If I were to make an objective decision by now, it'd be to lean toward his legitimacy.

That's comforting. At least now I can oppose him without being fearful of his intentions. However, his policies and ideals - his "change" - still scares me.

EDIT: I'm bookmarking that website, that's pretty fantastic. That's everything I've always wanted to see in political news: non-sided, bare truth. The media can only claim to bring you such news...  

SHl NO KAGE

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:38 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
I'm sure someone, somewhere would be able to confirm if a birth certificate is photoshopped.

Digging deeper though, you may find that someone forged it from scratch, or that Obama has "people" to ensure that something like that has no loopholes at all... Still, by now that's pushing it. I'm pretty convinced against my original theory.

Quote:

Supporting him is not a requirement, even if you don't believe he will do good. However one that is against him can at least hope he does well.

That's pretty much what I meant. sweatdrop I guess I should say I'll support him as my president, but oppose him as someone who has control over parts of my daily life. I just don't want to be like the Dixie Chicks...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:03 pm
I like your sig "I think, therefore I am" Humanities 101!

Um... well I guess if he truly wanted to go through all that then, yes, it's possible, but highly unlikely... the government has a lot of information of things they find out secret... I'm 100% positive some bureau somewhere would know.

Lol. Dixie Chicks. Personally, this is how I am with our governer, Jennifer Granholm, I do not like her, except in a few areas, but I still hope that she can lead our state in the right direction.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Yeah? It's one of my favorite philosophies. I, myself, cannot prove that anything other than my consciousness exists. Philosophy is so fascinating. X)

Oh, and, indeed...not likely. I started to wonder earlier though, after hearing about the Guantanamo thing. He may not be a terrorist, but dare I say it, he seems ignorant. At least that's what he portrayed of himself when he was asked what to do with the prisoners. He stuttered and said something like "We'll take care of that later," *turns to lawyer* "Won't we?"

Man, the half of my information comes from word of mouth, I should warn you. For most of the things I say, I have no solid base.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Shin no Kage
He didn't authentically release it though, did he? From what I was told, he released it online, which is not proof at all. Anyone can take a birth certificate into Photoshop and modify it to make it say what they want.

Also, a very flimsy, unconfirmed rumor that crossed my ear: someone told me he swore on the Koran when he joined the Senate? Is this true?

In any case, if he really is Christian like he claims, I don't like his "spiritual mentor", Jeremiah Wright. For attending his sermons most of his life, he sure changed his opinion of the man quickly during his campaign.

Meh, well, as my father and a few friends of mine have said- he is the president, and I should support him, regardless.

Now when Bush was president, I have a hard time thinking that they would have told you the same. I agree about his religious background.

As for his birth certificate, I did a little homework and found out that it was examined by forgery experts hired by WorldNetDaily, a social conservative newspaper and was declared to be authentic. Aside from the certificate being posted on the internet, the actual copy is being kept on file.

Conclusion, you need to go through the facts before throwing out conspiracies. Obama is just another democratic president. McCain would have been just another Republican president. Either way, the country is ********.  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 am
Quote:

No, it isn't. The individual you are thinking of is Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota. And, technically, even he didn't swear in on the Koran since the actual oath administered is en masse and requires simply the raising of one's right hand. Ellison posed for the later personal photo-op swearing-in using the Koran. When several commentators got wind that this was going to happen they raised a major stink about it, so to make light of the matter the Koran chosen for Ellison to pose with had actually once belonged to Thomas Jefferson.

As for Obama I tend to think he's less any religion than a total secularist, like most others with a post-graduate education. His church practiced a Marxist brand of Christianity known as "liberation theology," and he only disavowed it once it became a political liability. In fact, many suggest he only joined it as a political asset when he sought to represent a largely black district in the Illinois state legislature, meaning Obama, in all likelihood, has no religious convictions of any strength one way or another.

Quote:
About Obama- he failed to authentically present his birth certificate, so he has no means of proving he is an American citizen.

A largely irrelevant fishing expedition. Even if you could definitively prove that Obama was born outside the United States, court precedent established back in 1968 that having an American parent is enough to constitute birthright citizenship (this came up when George Romney [father of MA governor Mitt Romney] briefly sought the presidency as his official birthplace was in Mexico). So, even if Obama was born while his mother was on a trip to Kenya, his parentage by his mother and her citizenship are not in question. So, Obama has birthright citizenship.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games