Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
laser defense. the HARDEST tower defence game. on EASY!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 pm
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/404402

i want to see how far we can get in this, so far i've made it to level 84 before dying... so close too. i'll get a pic of how i got it built up.
also i'm aware this is old, but i don't see you talkin about it >_>

i want to see some other people try to get further than level 84!

Rundown:

this is a tower defence game, you build defensive turrets, and they kill intruders.

specifically for this one, each time an enemy makes it through the whole path, they take 1 of your 20 lives, and as you prgress through the levels, they get harder to kill.

enemies

super enemies, they've got just about a good fraction of all the ones listed below, and they warp.

normal enemies, they are just sheep to the slaughter >D

fast enemies, much weaker than normals, but they make up by out runnin your guns.

slow strong. these can take some hits, but they move slowly enough that you can just about decimate them before they are a problem.

regenerators. these are kinda like the normals, except they heal over time, some weapons can dispatch of them quickly like the rail gun.

JIHAD!!! lol not rly. these guys explode when killed, dealing a tiny amount of damage to those around them. they have slight more HP than normal.

Warpers these guys faze in and out of existance, messin with what enemy your turrets target, normal HP, and they aren't as big a nuisance as supers.

if you make it past 84, or think your gonna die try to get a screen cap of it and post it, i'll add a link to this post so we can find the ultimate turret defence.

lvl 84:
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm
The super enemies are stupid.
If they didn't regenerate, they'd be much better. Just... make em fast or something.
Hell, keep the regeneration, take away the ******** broken.

lvl 60  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:14 pm
not bad dragn  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:00 pm
*pic wasn't up before*

Dude, where's all the rail guns??
I had like... at least ten of them. And a few machine gun turret thingies.
I think I should get some scissor towers next time. A bunch. To knock off those thrice-damned warping regenerating supers.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:57 pm
I got to 40. I'll try again tomorrow.

Awesome fun game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:56 am
80 ******** me over.
Tried a new strategy, 42 ******** me over, but the supers didn't stand a ******** this game.
Some guy said he got to level 105 without losing a life.
I call bullshit.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:49 am
Kuzodav
80 ******** me over.
Tried a new strategy, 42 ******** me over, but the supers didn't stand a ******** this game.
Some guy said he got to level 105 without losing a life.
I call MEGA bullshit.

i had a friend that got up to 114 somethin, be lost many lives along the way.

Quote:
*pic wasn't up before*

Dude, where's all the rail guns??
I had like... at least ten of them. And a few machine gun turret thingies.
I think I should get some scissor towers next time. A bunch. To knock off those thrice-damned warping regenerating supers.

at most were those two, they are jsut there to eliminate the rows commin in, and then i had disruptors to slow them down to get more shots off. its got them down pretty low, and upgraded power on both atleast twice each, the rest went into the charge guns to vaporise single targets that got slowed. and yeah scissor works good on warpers, but i've yet to find a decent placement for them. so far making an X box is the best i've got.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:58 am
~Xiloscent~

at most were those two, they are jsut there to eliminate the rows commin in, and then i had disruptors to slow them down to get more shots off. its got them down pretty low, and upgraded power on both atleast twice each, the rest went into the charge guns to vaporise single targets that got slowed. and yeah scissor works good on warpers, but i've yet to find a decent placement for them. so far making an X box is the best i've got.
I'll probably just make the entire first alley all scissors.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 pm
Level 93've  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 pm
I tried the scissor things.
And it did s**t.
What am I missing out on here?  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm
i reccommend my rail gun setup, on the first stretch, it kick the s**t out of everything for the first 9 waves.

first wave: 2 basic turrets, sell when done

2-9: the two rail turrets

first super wave, try to get around to what i got on there. the big things are the gray turrets with the freeze beems, and the charge turrets, they cut them down pretty good, then at the end of the road whats left gets frozen again and rapid fire turrets kill them. all the other little crap along the route is to counter the health regen.

edit: i've never reall found scissors useful unless to buy time and save cash for other stuf later, basically, putting some money to use while you save up more, then sell em later. without ever upgrading them, you don't get full refund from upgrades.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:39 pm
I got to level 40 and got ******** I highly recommend the rail gun setup. Just upgrade the s**t out of them.
Also, diffusion beams at the start. Very helpful.  

TooHyphy

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm
I hate tower defense games. Still I am pretty decent at this one. Railguns make everything better. I call it, Stun and Gun
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:53 pm
I can't play it gonk  

nerdyninja

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm
nerdyninja
I can't play it gonk
Not a huge loss, it is just a tower defense game.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff