Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly about....(part 1)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Street Fighter Eh? (let's get this over with xD)
  HADOKEN! (Ryu and Ken)
  SONIC....BOOM! (Guile)
  SHOYUKEN! (Ryu and Ken)
  MAX OUT! (Deejay)
  TIGER UPPERCUT! (Sagat)
  KOIKEN! (Chun li)
  TIGER KNEE! (Sagat)
  CANNON DRILL! (Cammy)
  TIGER! (Sagat)
  .....YOGA FIRE! (lol Dhalsim)
View Results

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:08 am
Well I decided to once a week talk about random games,as does everyone else. I know but I'm pertaining to talk....(give it my two cents). Then I think about/and or investigate a game series or two, for the next week to talk about.

This is the 1st time in a while I've been fired up about doing something for the cult other then

supporting the idea of a cult wide Brawl tourney. That wondrous rpg game, themed after the N-cultists themselves. Lastly, of course the "dress as fish" thingy
sweatdrop
--------------------------------------------------------------------

This weeks victims umm discussion will be

Street Fighter
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well let's begin

Street Fighter was one of those "golden age" arcade games to grace our videogame boom of the 80's and 90's

My First Game to play was on the SNES. That at the current time. Was the new fangled one, were it was all about the characters being a different color to begin with.In addition, the speed at the time could go at pure lunacy. I was 5 years old I think. burning_eyes

My First one to add to my game collection was "Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition". This happened two years after my 1st blood into the Street Fighter Series. This was on the sega genesis. sweatdrop

After "Super Street Fighter 2 The New Challengers" was released, it rocked my fighting world. New moves to learn, new characters to try and master. For some reason, I felt the audio was better on the Sega, anyone else agree on that? confused

After that, things kinda phased out on me. Just as the A.G.V.N's review on the number of sequels. I was too in the idea of "when the ******** are they going to make a third?"

I remember playing a few of the newer ones at the arcade. I'm talking those massive big screen ones to boot! It was when they first introduced "Hugo" from Final Fight as a playable character in the game.
(I think that was a piece of one of the many three-quels they made after making a #3)

The only other releases I saw were all for those CD game systems. I was having too much fun, with my Genesis and SNES to give half a damn anyways.

Skip forward into time to now,That long mess of a word. Equaling an HD remix of "SSF2 The New Challengers" Was made.

Street Fighter 4 is the new buzzword. Other then that "Chun li movie" that's on the rise. ( is it true the Native Indian guy from "Black Eyed Peas" is playing vega? 0.o; )

After the ride so far my only thoughts that still linger are

-Why the hell do you guys keep putting "Dan" in the games? he's useless ! stare Sakura and Akuma were enough Ryu and Ken clones/illegitimate children to have!

-Where the hell is Deejay and Fei Long? gonk

-Have you guys thought of making an anniversary game where every fighter including the ones you decided to "set and forget" are in it?

-Will there ever be a "Super Duper Street Fighter 2 ?" *an old joke about street fighter 2 sequels*

Discuss!

~Anything in general to what I posted >>;
~Favored and least favored characters
~Your 1st street fighter experience
~Favored SF game of all time, and/or least favorite
~Recent played game of the series?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 am
What about the original Street Fighter movie? That one was awesome, but people always seem to put it down... The effects were neat and the acting was bad, but the characters were there and they were cool!
I love that movie. I even have the soundtrack.  

Bodewyn

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:57 am
Bodewyn
What about the original Street Fighter movie? That one was awesome, but people always seem to put it down... The effects were neat and the acting was bad, but the characters were there and they were cool!
I love that movie. I even have the soundtrack.

I remember that ^^; I was unbias of things back then. I was all

ZOMFG STREET FIGHTER MOVIE? WITH VAN DAMN?
burning_eyes

I forgot they had a soundtrack for it razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:46 am
Helllll yeah!
Van Damme did this crazy accent for Guile, I loved that accent, it sounded retarded! XD  

Bodewyn

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 am
Bodewyn
Helllll yeah!
Van Damme did this crazy accent for Guile, I loved that accent, it sounded retarded! XD

Yea razz .....speaking of the last word...I hate charlie in the video games lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:58 pm
Anyone psyched about SFIV?.  

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm
Actually, HD Remix is a redux of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, not The New Challengers.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm
I love that movie.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:43 pm
this speaks for itself

Anway, I started on Street Fighter late. The first one I played was The New Challengers. The last I've played is Alpha 3. I play mostly as Cammy, Ryu, and Rose. I guess if I play Ryu, I can also play Ken.

I have fears for Street Fighter IV because of the 3D element, and EX 3 was hated by many because of that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:25 am
Three words and a legendary number.

Street Fighter Alpha 3  

Mecca_Fish

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:13 pm
Anyone remember the other ken and ryu knock offs other then Sakura, Akuma and the ghey a** Dan. >>;

All I remember is some Brown kid who throws basketballs
sweatdrop  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces