Reply The Gallery
Digipen Institute of Technology Games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Digipen is like, the leading game school in our country. I plan on going there in the next couple of years and while looking around at the website I found their game gallery. I am gonna try some out. One innovative one that I think looks neat is Aphelion.

"Aphelion is a real-time 3D space shooter in which the gravitational pull of the planets in the solar system will affect the players’ shots."

Digipen's game gallery  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:30 pm
Damn it the source file for Aether is broken. I love top down shooters too.  

Owwin

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hope you don't mean the Redmond campus. I don't want a reason to hate you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm
8Bit Jack

Why, what is wrong with it?

Please don't ******** tell me there is a problem with it. This is my big plan for my future, if I find out something is wrong I am gonna flip out and go for my other career option as a psychopath killer until I get caught and go down in a shootout with the police.  

Owwin

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 pm
Owwin
8Bit Jack

Why, what is wrong with it?

Please don't ******** tell me there is a problem with it. This is my big plan for my future, if I find out something is wrong I am gonna flip out and go for my other career option as a psychopath killer until I get caught and go down in a shootout with the police.
Most of the students suck. They have shitty attitudes, and even shittier hygiene. Most of the legends of the testing department were Digipen students.

I'm by no means saying that's how you are; I was joking about the hating you thing. xD Just... Prepare yourself for your future peers.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:09 pm
8Bit Jack
Most of the students suck. They have shitty attitudes, and even shittier hygiene. Most of the legends of the testing department were Digipen students.

I'm by no means saying that's how you are; I was joking about the hating you thing. xD Just... Prepare yourself for your future peers.
I deal with that where I am. I am going for the education, the human element is unimportant. I am also bringing like, 5 friends with me.
I just want to make games like the Sly Cooper series, the Ratchet series, and other awesome things like City of Heroes and all of that cool stuff.  

Owwin

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:11 pm
Owwin
8Bit Jack

I deal with that where I am. I am going for the education, the human element is unimportant. I am also bringing like, 5 friends with me.
Hm. I hear the instructors are hit or miss, but that can be said for about every school out there. They do seem to churn out some talent, but, again... A lot of the people are insufferable. Let me confer with some coworkers and see if discussing past employees is allowed by my NDA...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 pm
8Bit Jack
Hm. I hear the instructors are hit or miss, but that can be said for about every school out there. They do seem to churn out some talent, but, again... A lot of the people are insufferable. Let me confer with some coworkers and see if discussing past employees is allowed by my NDA...
I better get a good instructor. If I don't, well, you saw my other plan, even though it is just sarcasm it is the best I have.  

Owwin

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:24 pm
Owwin
8Bit Jack
I better get a good instructor. If I don't, well, you saw my other plan, even though it is just sarcasm it is the best I have.

Here's what my friend had to say (via MSN):
Quote:
I don't like DigiPen.
I think the school sucks.
Waste of money.
I have no clue why I was there for 3 years.
All the good teachers moved to Singapore because of the new campus.
50% good teachers and 50% bad.
Tuition is way too expensive.
$1,000+ for one class. X_X
They required some really dumb classes that seemed totally unimportant.
If the person going in is good at programming they should be okay.
I went into the Real-Time Interactive Simulation degree. The programming one.
If you are good at programming, then you should be okay if you go to the school.
Most of it depends on the person because you teach yourself more than the teachers teach you.
I always learned by being taught to, so the learning style doesn't fit me.
Which is why I probably had trouble during my 2nd and 3rd year.
A lot of people at the school work together, but I feel like some people rely on their friends too much.

I dunno how helpful that may be. I'll try to get a hold of a few others, once Facebook stops ******** up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:27 pm
I am pretty good at teaching myself. I just need the software, and a foundation.  

Owwin

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:36 pm
That should be good, then. I've got to take care of a few errands, but I'll be sure to detail some of the finer characters when I return. `3`  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 pm
I live about 2 hours away from the Redmond Campus, and I plan on going there once I graduate High School. And who can say the school sucks when it was the birthplace for the idea of the game Portals?  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:20 pm
The game's called Portal(No s).

And it's based on source, so of course it's awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm
KeyBlader1
I live about 2 hours away from the Redmond Campus, and I plan on going there once I graduate High School. And who can say the school sucks when it was the birthplace for the idea of the game Portals?
People who have been there and had a bad experience. neutral

Edit: Wait a minute. Are you guys local, and you've been holding out this whole time? I didn't think any culties lived near me. You've also been missing out on any bargains I could've gotten you. `3`  

8Bit Jack

The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff