Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
So, my husband bought a Wii.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You forgot
  the poll.
View Results

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:58 pm
My hubby bought a Wii the other night. We don't have any games yet or even a second controller. There are a few that we do want....Star Wars Jedi Alliance, MarioKart .....a few more that I can't think of right now.

Anyway, does anyone have any games they think we should try out?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:12 am
Alas, I do not have a Wii, so I can't make any real recommendations. But there are a few Wii games that I've been wanting to try, like Animal Crossing. Let me know how the system works for you. I've heard good things and bad things.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 am
My aunt has a Wii and she let me borrow a few of her games:

Simcity Creator
-- It's fun, cute. Pretty much the same as old SimCity for the computer, so if you're into that. It's not bad. Not worth the $50 they are charging for it. Wait 'till it's cheap.

Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal
-- Eh, not a fan of bugs bunny. So I didn't care much for it at all. Bugs & Daffy with guns and stuff.

Monopoly -- Sooooo much easier than dragging out that board, setting it all up....dealing with money....putting it all away. I actually really enjoyed playing Monopoly on the Wii. It was cute, plus as you play you can unlock more game boards.

Mario Party 8 -- It took me like an hour to figure out what the hell to do. But, after I figured it out....it was pretty cute.

Mario & Sonic @the Olympic games --Okay, if you want a game to actually get up and do something then this is great. It's cute and there are tons of things to do.....pretty much every event in the Olympic games you can play and you actually have to use some muscle for some of it. xD

Super SmashBros BRAWL -- Ok....umm. I don't really get the hype of this game. I like PVP fighter games like this...but the characters are sooo tiny and the board is like....weird. It just.....it wasn't anything like I was expecting. Maybe with like 4+ players it would be fun...but 2-player it was pretty dull.

------------------
Now that Mike's bought me two games, I have to return the ones above to my aunt. The games I got today are:

Final Fantasy Fables : Chocobo Dungeon
Star Wars Clone Wars : Lightsaber Duels

But, I've not played those yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:10 am
I like Looney Tunes, but that game sounds a little redundant. sweatdrop I love Monopoly, so that one would probably be fun for me. whee The Olympic Games one sounds interesting. I'm interested in trying a game that requires movement, so that might be a good one to consider. And yeah, I know a lot of people who've been raving about Brawl, but I just don't see the appeal. And from what I've heard, it's kinda buggy.

Chocobo Dungeon sounds cute, tho. surprised

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:45 am
Oh yeah, I so love the Monopoly game. I hate to have to give it back now that I've unlocked new boards. xD!!!

The Olympic one, yeah....if you're wanting something to move around a little it's a good one. It's kinda silly....you get to play as the Sonic characters or the Mario characters competing in the Olympic Beijing games. It's cute though. :3

....Still haven't played Chocobo Dungeon. I'm kinda obsessed with playing Super Mario Bro's 3 right now. xD! I downloaded it from the Wii Shop.

........And...OMFG. I am sorry about the poll. O_O; I could have sworn that I'd put one. *smacks self*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:06 am
Aww, maybe you could keep it if you asked really nice? xd

Wow, SMB3. I haven't seen one of those games in a super long time. xd

Don't worry about it. I figured it was just an oversight. whee

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:44 pm
XD! I did, but sadly it's one of my cousins favorite games so I do have to return it. Mike and I are going to wait until the price for it drops then maybe get our own copy though. We both love monopoly. I have like 8 different versions of it in my game closet. *giggles*

xD! Well, the Wii has this thing called the Virtual Console. You can go to Wal-Mart and buy like....cards (just like Gaia Cash cards) then input the number on the Wii Store and you get points to buy new games/applications for the system. The Virtual Console is filled with lots of old NES, SNES, 64, SEGA and other games. 3nodding So, we got a $20 card and bought a few old games. SMB3 cost 500points ($5) Not too bad for an old game I can play on a new system. xD

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 pm
Wow, that's pretty cool. Doesn't it store the games on the systerm itself, tho? Seems like that would eat up space pretty quick. sweatdrop  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:12 pm
Yeah, it's like a computer...it has a harddrive to store the games. But, the games don't take up THAT much space on it so it's cool. Plus, you can buy memory cards for it if you want. 3nodding

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:17 pm
Oh, cool. If I save up for a Wii, I'll probably spend a lot of time on those downloadables. whee I like old stuff.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:49 am
3nodding Me too. Old school Mario is the awesomeness!!!

...We actually just bought MarioKart Wii and OMFG have been totally addicted to playing it. >_<

®îñíÏkãtå®û

If nobody sees you cry, you can say it was raining outside.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 am
I've had a Wii for awhile and have enjoyed mine. I liked the Olympics game it was fun though now I'm trying to find a board for the Wii so I can play the Winter Olympics game that recently came out for the Wii. You need that board for several games anymore I swear. sweatdrop

I loved Mario Karts since the old N64 time. It's rather fun and addicting. I got the new Mario game that was released for the Wii and IMO it isn't worth the money, but that's just me.

I loved the Smash Brothers Brawl that came out on the Wii even with just two plays, but I prefer the one player story mode myself. The old Smash-Bros. didn't have that option so it's nice to have in this one.

Another game you might look into if you enjoy moving a bit would be the Dragon Quest game that's out on the Wii it is fun and you move some with a story line, but I can't really say much about it since I haven't had a chance to continue with it. I worked muscles I didn't even know I had and was sore for several days afterwards. sweatdrop

Oh another game if you're looking for more games that you and your husband can do you might look into the Wii Resort. I'm pretty sure you don't need the board for that one and it has many games that you two can play together that seem fun to me.

These are just some opinions from me who owns a Wii but depending on what you want whether more two player friendly games, one player, or more get up and move games just let me know I've got a eh descent collection I guess. Maybe I can give ya some info about something you're interested in.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers