Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Guild's BootyGrab thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 pm
There are plenty of BootyGrab threads, why not start one here. if not, go ahead and delete the thread instead.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:34 am
Whats the purpose of a Booty grab thread??? confused  

pheonix20222

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:06 am
I have no objections to the thread, but how are we going to get any booty?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 pm
You put your tank in your siggy.

And post. The more tanks in the thread, the better chance of someone finding a round of "Booty Grab" sitting in their tank.

To play Booty Grab you must find a tank with glowing fish in it. Every time a fish gets glowing, there's a button that pops up letting you go play the game. Than you just move your mouse around and grab as much of the falling gold as you can.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elspeth Telrunya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 pm
I have fishies smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 pm
I don't see any other fish tanks, so there really wouldn't be a need for a booty grab thread. Unless, you wanted to discuss it. Then, by all means, that makes perfect sense.

I wonder if I can play booty grab now that my computer is running more smoothly... *goes to the dreaded CB to find out* >.<

Sakura Ashida

OliviaFalconer

Masterful Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:24 am
I was wondering if Booty Grab would work in guilds. I was trying to start a thread for it in one of my guilds, and can't see my tank.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 am
I'm actually a bit saddened that it doesn't work.
It'd be fun to be able to help out fellow guildies with that game.

Good idea to discuss it though. What do you guys think of it? I used to be really good at games like this when I was younger. I think the one I played the most was one where you caught eggs in a basket. And Booty Grab is no exception. I can easily make a hundred even on the lower end gold giving games.

One night, I made 8000 in two hours. The only other place I ever made that much, that fast was in marketplace.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

OliviaFalconer

Masterful Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 am
It's a fun, easy way to make gold. After a while though, I start seeing falling gold on the inside of my eyelids. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:58 am
I hate booty grab for the simple reason that it gives out gold.

Gaia is supposed to be getting gold OUT of the system, not adding more into it.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 am
Pilotslover

O RLY? ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:07 pm
WindowOpener
Pilotslover

O RLY? ninja

Unless they intend to utterly ruin the Gaia economy so that it'll be the rich getting richer and the poor staying poor ...  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:14 am
Ain't that always the way of it? I mean, Dickens has been complaining about that for ages...

I don't mind it so much. I really hadn't bothered with it all that much before the special week came up, but I've made some good gold from it this weekend. Since I'm considering questing for a nightmare scarf, any gold is good to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:08 am
I tried an experiment a while back.

I gave all of my mule's gold to my main. Except 500g. And wanted to see how quick I could make money in the market. At the close of 5 days, I had 20k again. Goes to show that the poor don't HAVE to stay poor. Too bad I can't translate none of the market skills to RL. I'd make some decent cash if I could figure it out.

I like that they brought more attention to the game, but I don't like the double coins bit. That was supposed to come from the mermaids only. Unfortunately, I've been putting all my money toward a friends high-end wishlist items (penguin, and chicky slippers) so I haven't decided to buy 'real' fish for my tanks. I might next time I get some golds though. Anyways, that's my money rant for today. Carry on, carry on.

sad  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:18 pm
Pilotslover
WindowOpener
Pilotslover

O RLY? ninja

Unless they intend to utterly ruin the Gaia economy so that it'll be the rich getting richer and the poor staying poor ...

Does booty grab give THAT much money? I personally have signatures disabled and majority of my friends do not display aquariums in their profiles, so I almost never see them. I think I'm earning a decent amount of fake electronic money despite this.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff