Submit

Celestial Bard

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 pm
Guess who's back?

Roger sat in the movie theater, watching his girlfriend and best friend making out two rows ahead of him. He paid no mind to the movie, no mind to the sucking noises that their lips made in their brief moments of separation. He looked at his watch, the only thing that mattered to him right now. The perpetual "tick, tick, tick" of the second hand as it moved from one point on the watch's face to the next. Tick. He plotted against them, wanted to make them pay for breaking his heart this way, but he had not the guts left to do it. Roger would simply sever all ties, leave them to go off and live their lives without his interference. He stood up and left the theater, stepping into the pale red sunrise of an Autumn day. A single oak leaf fell in front of him, coming to rest on the edge of his shoe. Roger bent over and picked it up, examining the yellow plant. He smiled, knowing he could begin anew.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm
Glad to see you!

Good piece, very to-the-point. The only thing I would suggest is the line '...he had not the guts left to do it.' be changed to '...he didn't have the guts left to do it.' It makes it a bit more down-to-Earth, more accessable to more people. The first one sounds a bit lofty, if you know what I mean.  

serephemeral
Crew

Celestial Bard

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 pm
neh. I blame writer's block and the fact that my muse looks like a really screwed up John Lennon.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:14 pm
John Lennon, huh? Does he talk politics with you while you sleep? ^.^

That would be one weird muse, but a good one, I suppose.  

serephemeral
Crew

Celestial Bard

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:32 am
lol. you're funny.  
Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff