Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Thread Graveyard (forever dead)
The greatest show unearthed! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Someone Famous

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:36 pm
You know how sometimes, you'll be watching a nice horror flick...
And someone gets offed in such a creative/cliche/unusual way...
And you just want to laugh cringe?

You know the feeling.
Don't lie, you must have at least once.
(Or was it really just with a movie...?)

Please, do share some of these happenings.
The more horrible the details, the better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 pm
So, I really wish I could find a clip of this scene on youtube.
But anyways.

The entire movie Ju-On (which America recreated into The Grudge) is hilarious.
But this one scene sticks out more so than the rest.

Yoshimi walks into the kitchen. Her husband is sitting at the table, drinking coffee. He hears her come in and promptly starts whining that she didn't buy the correct coffee beans, and that he doesn't eat his eggs runny. Yoshimi grabs a frying pan and WHAM. She strikes him across the back of the skull. She then sits down at the table and proceeds to butter her toast, while he twitches on the floor and eventually dies.

Someone Famous

Dapper Codger

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:36 am
... I kind of liked it when that one dude got cut in half by barbed wire in Final Destination 2.

As far as non-horror flicks go, though... memorable deaths I can think of right this instant are in the Dark Knight, the Joker killing that guy with a pencil (that was awesome). In Shoot 'em up, The protagonist killed someone using a carrot on three separate occasions.

... Hmm... What else... That death by reentry bit was pretty good in Jason X. That stupid b**** in Dawn of the Dead (2004) that went after the damn dog should have f***ing died a horrible death for being so absolutely f***ing retarded. You don't risk your life for a damn dog! s**t...

Oh, yeah! The laser deaths in Resident Evil and Resident Evil Apocalypse were pretty cool. The scene in 28 Weeks Later when the husband ate the wife that was restrained alive was brutally gory... and really realistic. That one's worth mentioning just because of how damned real it looks. The helicopter scene in 28 Weeks Later was cool, too... using the rotors to chop zombies to hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 am
My favorite scene is when Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lector), the one where Clariese is played by a different person (not Jodie Foster) invites her to sit at a table and there is a guy there who had the top of his head removed and his brains were being fried in a frying pan. Hannibal then puts them on a plate in front of the guy for him to eat.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:15 pm
Ewwy, that's just nasty!
I know the Saw & Hostel movies get really creative with how the people get killed, but my fav is the Final Destination deaths.
You always think you can see what's coming, but you're usually wrong.
That one when they're on the interstate and the log comes off the log truck, right through the window! I'll never look at those big trucks hauling stuff the same again. And how about when the crane drops that sheet of glass on that guy? I admit, I rewind-ed, paused, & slow-motioned that one a few times. xd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm
"I admit, I rewind-ed, paused, & slow-motioned that one a few times. icon_xd.gif: by Gwee

I totally agree with you on this one. I loved that scene too.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 pm
We're all forgetting one of the most unforgettable scenes of all time from a horror movie: When the alien came out of that guys chest in Alien. That was awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:59 am
Oh yea; right Chain. I also like it when those little critters cling on to someones (not to be confused with our very own someone) face and watching them fighting to get those little bad asses off. Does that make me mental or what?  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:04 pm
No way! Those lil' face suckers are one of the best sci-fi horror creatures ever! I love the little noises they make running around or moving around in their eggs... ft-ft-ft-ft-ft-ft-ft...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:19 am
True that. And speaking of Aliens. Grump, son, and myself watched Predator VS Aliens 2 last night. Way kewl. More of those face suckers. This time, little kids, pregnant women, and babies weren't safe. I guess Hollywood and our society has no problem with them being tortured by Aliens, they get all hostile if a movie is shown with it happening by the hands of an actual person or someone like Freddy Kruger, Jason, Michale Myers. Go figure!!  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 am
That movie would have been so much better if you could have actually seen anything. I mean, I know that low-lighting is in for horror movies, but come on! You could barely see anything that was going on most of the good parts of the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:11 am
Grump and I thought that maybe something was going wrong with our DVD player. So you mean to say that it was actually produced that way? That is so terrible! They ruined a legacy!! gonk  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am
I read that they are going to make another Alien movie. It is going to be a prequel to the first Alien movie. Ridley Scott is going to direct. I am all excited!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:00 am
As long as you can see what's going on, this time, I'm all for another Alien movie. Hells yeah. Let's hope they don't get too crazy with the CGI, though. Those guys in rubber suits and animatronics in the old ones weren't too shabby!  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am
I thought they did an awesome job with the older special effects. I saw a making of for aliens and it was so amazing!  
Thread Graveyard (forever dead)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff