Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I May Be Offline More Than Usual-updated 3/3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falling down stairs
  2nd time down same stairs
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:59 am
On Valentine's Day, I cleaned my sister's house to prepare it for my niece's surprise 18th birthday party. The problem is, on the way down the stairs to take the recyclables out, I fell down the stairs and broke my right foot in two places (may need surgery to place pins in) and mangled the ligaments in my left knee.

So, I can't stay up too long and am not confined to my Rascal motorized wheelchair which is a pain in the butt, but it's necessary.

So, for the next 6 weeks or so, I may be a bit distant from Gaia. I will try to get online several times a week, but can't promise too much activity.

I am entrusting the guild to our diligent crew members.

OK, it's worse than I suspected. I had an MRI on my left leg about a week ago and well- here's the latest:

I not only broke my rt foot and big toe on that foot, but I broke my left leg in two places under the knee and tore a ligament. I am in a boot cast on the foot and in a knee immobilizer on the left leg and confined to using an electric wheelchair for the next 8 weeks because I am not allowed to walk on either leg -except to use the facilities in the bathroom.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. I won't be able to get online much at all because I can't stay up with these contraptions on my leg/foot.

See you when I can.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:28 pm
Ooh D:

Hope it heals soon. <3  

WindowOpener

pheonix20222

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:49 pm
Good luck (you're gonna need it) heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 am
*winces* OUCH!

Best of luck to you Rita!  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 pm
OH MY!! Get well soon ; ;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:40 pm
Feel better soon! And do the world a favor and run over some annoying teenagers on motor-chair. Remember, 15 points added if they have a hoodie!

*cough* Did I say that out loud? stare  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:08 pm
And 50 points if they're talking on their cell phone as they walk.

Also, Ouch, i hope you recover easily enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:51 am
Oh do I get ALL the points- I have a motorized wheelchair- have already run over several toes- including my own and my daughter always wears her hoodie and her cell phone is practically glued to her ear!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:19 pm
You're all set then. xd @1wolffan: It's five more points added on if they're texting instead. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:36 am
User Image  

ClosingMyAcct

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:56 am
@ MemoryDragon: Nah, texting is as bad as using the cell, it's worth 50 points.

But...
15 points (hoodie)
+ 50 points (cell)
+ 50 points (texting)
x however many times you runned over your daughter
= quite a few points  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:48 am
No, texting is worse because they think they can get away with it while they're in class. Just because they think they are being sly does not mean that they aren't suspiciously looking down at something. stare

*cough* But this is not a place to rant about kids being brats. There's lots of cool things about those automated chairs... the least of which being that you really can rack up the points by just running over your daughter several times a day (particularly if she's annoying you). xd That's danger on wheels, right there.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:40 am
Got lots of points, but I think I have to deduct a few because I ran over my cocker spaniel's paw once- at least it didn't hurt him!

And thanks for all the good wishes

Madralyn... that bear is the cutest!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 pm
I miss you mama ; ;  

churrlo

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:40 am
Cocker Spaniel you say?

*remembers former family dog*

Yeah, you lose 100 for that one. If it were a different breed, you'd only lose 50. wink  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games