Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
I'm Not Sure What to Call This XD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SeanyBoyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:55 pm
Is anyone else even just slightly annoyed by the fact that there are millions of people claiming to be fans of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when the only reason they've even heard of the books is because of the semi-famous-in-the-UK actor Sean Biggerstaff likes it? I mean, some of them have actually bothered to read the books, yes, but when I asked a few if even knew what 42 was, or a Gargleblaster, they had no clue. One person who said they knew what 42 was I then asked if they knew the question it answered.

Theystared and were all "Oh, I forgot that part of course sweatdrop It's something silly, isn't it?"

Is there anyone else who has run into fans like these or am I alone? stare

And if so, have you ever asked them simple questions and gotten silly responses? 'Cause, if so, I'd love to hear them.

EDIT Sean Biggerstaff is in some small movies ^_^ He was an actor in "The Winter Guest" and he's most known for playing Oliver Wood in "Harry Potter."

I fell in love with him because he said that he would play the thirteenth alien near stage left to get a part in the Hitchhiker's movie. XD But yeah. There's a group of American/British girls who fawn over him just 'cause they think he's cute and he has a Scottish accent. It's kinda sad crying  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:41 pm
It's happened to me. I admit, I've never heard of Sean Biggerstaff (I'm Canadian), but with the movie coming out, someone I knew pretended to be obcessed about H2G2. I had a sneaking suspicion that he had not read it, so I asked him, "Wasn't it funny when Arthur and Trillian got caught in that pit trap?" (obviously did not happen) and he laughed and said, "Yeah, that was one of my favourite parts!" Then, when I told him that never happened, he started arguing with me. I pulled out my towel and told him, "Never mess with she who carries the towel." He didn't get it, which was more proof that he hadn't read it. Stupid kid stressed  

wingnut the improbable

Darth_Gently

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:54 pm
I am one of few H2G2 Fans in my area. And one of the people who might soon know what it is, I am about to force to drink two Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters. And he isn't a thirty ton Arcuturan Mega-Elephant with bronchial pneumonia.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:20 pm
...what? there are posers who claim to like it because of an actor? the name is only vaguely familiar, and I didn't even know he claimed to like it. I would maim posers with a towel if I ever ran across any.  

mcm

Daska

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:01 pm
WTF? Who is Sean Biggerstaff? Anyways I haven't ran into any Hitchhiker posers but I have ran into those stupid idoits who have only watched the movie and have no idea that there is books, radio series and tv series! One time a asked a so called Hitchhiker fan if he had read the book, was like "OMG they made the movie into a book WTF? Stupid idiot. mad  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:00 pm
Daska
WTF? Who is Sean Biggerstaff? Anyways I haven't ran into any Hitchhiker posers but I have ran into those stupid idoits who have only watched the movie and have no idea that there is books, radio series and tv series! One time a asked a so called Hitchhiker fan if he had read the book, was like "OMG they made the movie into a book WTF? Stupid idiot. mad
Belgium. That makes me cringe stressed  

wingnut the improbable

mcm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:41 pm
let me think... I've recently acquired the radio broadcasts, thanks to the guild, I've read the big green book numerous times, also read mostly harmless, which isn't in the green one, saw the movie a few times, and keep trying to get my hands on the old television show.

and it would be crazy interesting to see some of those 'various stage versions' mentioned in the forward of the green book.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:49 am
I heard about the book series from my friend J-chan. Never heard of it before in my life. I tried to read the books after he told me about them, but I had other stuff to do and forgot about it. One day, I saw them in a library. Figured, "Why not?" And read them. Shortly after that, he showed me a poster for the movie.
I don't know anyone who's posing to love H2G2, though.  

Unstable Miharu

layzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:49 pm
Im a massive fan and people like that dont annoy me... as for being a poser... shouldnt posers be trying to make it seem like they enjoy exrtreem sports and stuff lol?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:47 pm
Hmm well this isn't really about this topic I just really wanted to post this and I really didn't want to make a new thread to do so. Anyways both my sisters hate everything I like, and what they hate the most is the HG2G, because I love it. One day when I was trying to convice one of my wonderful sisters to watch the movie (they don't read much and asking them to read it would be like asking a rock to dance.) So my sister told me to tell her one good thing about the movie, so I replied by saying, "doplins sing the opening song, how many movies have doplins singing." My sister replied by saying "Omg doplins I have never heard of that band before they must really suck." "No wonder they had to sing a song for such a crappy movie." Well I replied by breaking into a fit of laughter, pointing at her, and than walking away.  

Daska

[.Adolescence.]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:55 am
Sean Biggerstaff likes Hitchhiker's? o.0 here's something new...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:04 am
Daska
Hmm well this isn't really about this topic I just really wanted to post this and I really didn't want to make a new thread to do so. Anyways both my sisters hate everything I like, and what they hate the most is the HG2G, because I love it. One day when I was trying to convice one of my wonderful sisters to watch the movie (they don't read much and asking them to read it would be like asking a rock to dance.) So my sister told me to tell her one good thing about the movie, so I replied by saying, "doplins sing the opening song, how many movies have doplins singing." My sister replied by saying "Omg doplins I have never heard of that band before they must really suck." "No wonder they had to sing a song for such a crappy movie." Well I replied by breaking into a fit of laughter, pointing at her, and than walking away.

That's hillarious!!!! Wow.  

Lupe_Oceana

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games