Genevieve Cortes: The New Ruby Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veritas_Aequitas255

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 am
Let Me Live
I actually disagree with most people who have posted so far...

I like the new Ruby. Granted, she's not quite as hard or edgy as the original, but I think she's a better actress overall. Old Ruby got on my nerves sometimes; her acting was over-the-top too often, and she rubbed me the wrong way... like she was trying too hard to be bad-a**, so it was almost comical at times.

I will say this: I hate it when they replace characters with new actors. But with Ruby, they can make it work (since she's a demon that can jump bodies).

User Image

I don't really think she's a better actress, she just has more experience, having been on a show of her own that went 3 season. I do love Genevieve Cortese but I don't think that she has the right look for Ruby. Though I do agree with the changing of actors for a character. I hate when they do that and a great example of it would be on 'Genaral Hospital' with Lucky, there have been like 6 of them. Anyway, the writes or whoever changing Ruby would work because demons can jump from one body to another.

But I just prefered Katie Cassidy, I don't think she really over-acted. I loved her look and the attitude. Genevieve seems to innocent to me to be playing a demon. I actually prefered Anna Williams as Ruby. She played her in 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' before she went into the body of whoever Genevieve actually is.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:58 pm
i like the old ruby way better twisted
the new ruby sucks evil  

HydeOTHfan

Yona_Babe

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:18 am
RubyLight
Honestly, I liked the old one better.

Me too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:08 pm
I think Katie Cassidy had the role nailed. They couldn't afford to pay her or something. Genevieve seems to try and imitate the way Katie portrayed Ruby, but it just isn't the same. Not that I have anything against Genevienve, I just think that Katie was Ruby. End of discussion.

H4RK

Fallen Dragon

Ayumila

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 am
As a general rule, I just don't think Genevieve is a very good actress.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:16 pm
Ayumila
As a general rule, I just don't think Genevieve is a very good actress.

Agreed. I also watch FlashForward, and I don't like her in that either.  

bashful bunny

Friend

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers