Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
The Economy Really Sucks Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bleh
  :/
View Results

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:07 am
Damn, here I thought I was lucky. With so many tiny things screwing up in my life right now...the only thing I was happy about was the fact that my hubby's job was going pretty well.

Sadly, he just had a meeting at work and instead of working 5-days a week now, he'll only be working 2-days a week. That's putting a huge damper on our money. We aren't rich my any means, and we basically live paycheck to paycheck. So, we don't have a nice little bank account to fall back on.

We calculated our bills, and at this moment were owe $150 more than he's going to be bringing home. sweatdrop

He keeps telling me not to worry and that he's going to take care of everything. He said he does not want me to get a job or to stress about anything. But.....how can I just sit here and not worry????

®îñíÏkãtå®û

If nobody sees you cry, you can say it was raining outside.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Well, it would be difficult not to worry about something that affects you so much, but maybe he means he doesn't want you to worry unnecessarily. There's nothing you can do about his job, so there's no point in worrying about that. But maybe you could come up with ways to cut corners, decrease bills, make a little extra cash, or something like that. surprised

But, yeah, the economy really sucks right now. I know a lot of people out of work or, like myself, with a crappy job that they can't afford to quit. sad

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 pm
Well see, that's the thing. I told him we could get rid of the cable and get the internet turned back to DSL which is about $20 cheaper than we're paying right now. Cable = $50. So in all that's $70 a month right there. Then instead of $40 a week on groceries we can try for $20. He said no. He said he wasn't going to do anything like that. >_<;;; He plans to get a second job, and even after I said I would get one too...he said he didn't want me to worry about it and to just go on about things normally. ....I'm starting to wonder if maybe me having a job is a threat on his manhood or something.

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:29 am
Lol, maybe. Men are silly like that. I'd suggest just quietly being there for whenever he feels like talking about whatever it is that's bothering him. Other than that, if he's decided he's gonna get a second job, there may not be anything you can do to change his mind.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:42 pm
3nodding Yeah. Sadly, it's probably in my best interest just to remain quiet.

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:46 pm
question

Yeah, this world suxs, everything, not just the economy.
crying  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:08 am
Hopefully something good will come of it soon. He said they told him there is a possibility that they might be going back to their regular schedules next month. Gosh, I hope so!!

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:13 pm
Everyone seems to be losing work hours.
My dad did too.

BUT he's going to get his hours back.
So I bet your husband will too.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:09 pm
Lets hope so! <3

Has anyone heard anything about this Stimulus from Obama? I seriously DO NOT keep track of the news or anything but my aunt told me that anyone who filed taxes is supposed to get a $500 check in May 2009. I haven't heard anything else about this, so I wasn't sure if it was true.

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 am
I've never heard about it, but I don't keep up with the news either.

(in fact - I actively avoid it)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm
I usually keep track of stuff like that, but I haven't heard any specific numbers yet. I know everyone who makes under $250k/year is sposed to get something, tho.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:10 am
I normally avoid that sort of stuff too, but my aunt was talking about it directly to me and it was rude to just ignore her. Even though most times I'd rather do so. >_>;;;;

®îñíÏkãtå®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:36 pm
When it comes to boring stuff like that,
just nod your head, and day-dream about something you DO like.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:37 am
Mmmmm Fajitas.

®îñíÏkãtå®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:48 pm
Oh, heh heh.
I had to look that word up.

Never seen it before,
so I didn't know what it meant. LOL  
Nothing's coming.