Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
(New) What has Kaori Yuki done for you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alicelights

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:30 pm
How has the Queen of all things gothic and pretty touched your life?

Kaori Yuki's works have a strong emotional honesty which touches her many readers. Theres a 3D quality to even her most odd or secondary of characters.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I think we all have characters that we have associated the most with throughout the times we've got to know them. Maybe their have been particuar storylines that you understood.

---or maybe Kaori Yuki's works have made a far greater impact on your life?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:36 pm
"Read Me" - like please?

Here is a thread where you amy discuss Kaori Yuki works in relation to yourself. (We've needed a new thread for a while too....)

Rules <--- like I really need to say any of these >.<;;

- No making fun of anybobody's opinions here
- Join in, let your angstly side run free! wink
- It would prove conciderate if you would mark any spoilers accordingly. It would prove even more conciderate if you could say which book you would be spoilering. Mark kind of like "spoiler for book #+". Oh and would be great if you would white-out the really big spoilers?  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:40 pm
When I was younger, I thought anything controversial was obviously very bad and must not be discussed of talked about ever.

However, after reading 'Earl Cain' (and beign entirely captivated/ corrupted), I began to ask more questions regarding such material. A year or so ago I watched Stanley Kubrick's 'A Clockwork Orange'.
I know that if I hadn't had my mind opened my Kaori Yuki I would never had the corage to see it... and enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:52 pm
('Mark Of The Red Ram' spoiler - like the third ever 'Earl Cain' book, so I don't think I'm spoiling anyone really)

I can't even begin to list the ammout of times I have cried over Cain.

In ' The Mark Of The Red Ram' where Cain overhears uncle Neil telling Riff to always be with Cain. Then Cain hugs his sholders and realises that in fact he has been living in a next of self-pity. Then he goes to the chapel where Emelline lies.

I could see this moment and really feel it. I know I've done it before. When you feel really stupid and really upset. it's probably the worst feeling.

The only time I cried more than this was the end of the series. I won't say what happened here. For about three whole days I was in complete mourning, It was completly rediculous. I had to stop thinking about it or I'd just feel really depressed.  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:08 pm
(Spoilers for 'Kaine' and 'Ludwig Kakumei')

eek I felt the most shcoking controversial thing that has been raised in Yuki-sans works is the subject of children experiencing sexual abuse. In Ludwig, it's disturbing as it's handled as intricately as in 'Kaine' (dare I say not as seriously?). Though for 'Kaine' it really messed him up for life (See 'Kaine' manga for details). Though in 'Kaine' it was essential to understanding why he was...as he was.

This issue is the only one of the few in Yuki-san's works that I never get used to. It's just...scary.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:45 pm
Ahhh, what has Kaori Yuki's work done for me...

Way back when in '90-something when I was still dreaming of being an artist, I guess I idolized her as an artist and tried to emulate her.
I still owe much of my drawing style to her influence...

Also, particularly with Angel Sanctuary, I think my idea of right and wrong has become less rigid. I never was a particularly conservative person, but Kaori Yuki has a knack for setting her villains and heros beyond black and white...
Both of them have their motivations and their beliefs, no matter how strange.
It's just very hard to condemn anyone...
While life is certainly not like manga, I think at least this ideal holds true in real life.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

machibito

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:36 am
hmm....well basically just what everyone else has written so far - but I think she really opens her readers up to big moral questions and, as Sai-kun said, my ideas of right and wrong have become a bit more hazy to say the least sweatdrop of course I think this is a good thing - because there are just some circumstances where you need to be more flexible about judging people's actions straight off, and I think her works have opened up my mind a little bit ^__^
yes...just wanted to say that....hehe...although I always feel like I'm barging in on other people's conversations or something.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:18 am
machibito
hmm....well basically just what everyone else has written so far - but I think she really opens her readers up to big moral questions and, as Sai-kun said, my ideas of right and wrong have become a bit more hazy to say the least sweatdrop of course I think this is a good thing - because there are just some circumstances where you need to be more flexible about judging people's actions straight off, and I think her works have opened up my mind a little bit ^__^
yes...just wanted to say that....hehe...although I always feel like I'm barging in on other people's conversations or something.... sweatdrop
but there is no conversation going on here... but if people come back, there could be?  

alicelights

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:50 am
Kaori Yuki has done something for me, but it's waaaaay less deep and meaningful than what she did for you guys.

Basically, she introduced me back into the anime/manga world. I was never really interested until I saw her art on someone's blog and he told me which series he got it from. From then on, I was hooked and obsessed. Ever since then, I've been interested in manga and anime (mostly manga) again. She's also made hooked onto fairytales and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:07 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Kaori Yuki has done something for me, but it's waaaaay less deep and meaningful than what she did for you guys.

Basically, she introduced me back into the anime/manga world. I was never really interested until I saw her art on someone's blog and he told me which series he got it from. From then on, I was hooked and obsessed. Ever since then, I've been interested in manga and anime (mostly manga) again. She's also made hooked onto fairytales and such.

:3 Kaori Yuki's world is a very romantic one, ne.
Its very hard not to fall in love with her world.

I think it's really meaningful that her art was able to grab you back into a hobby you didn't have interest in (any longer?).

...the manga/anime world can get really repetative (especially anime). Ive heard a lot of people complaining that all the manga they see is some magical girl or adventure or love story.
And while those are certainly very plentiful, and I have to say if they did a little research, they'd find unique works like that of Kaori Yuki and others.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:24 pm
Moonlit Masquerade

Yes, I too started reading manga because of her. But I never saw some of her art on someones blog but watched the AS OAV and had to know how the story goes on. I went to the book store and bought AS, got totally obsessed with the manga, and shortly after this I found Germany's largest manga and anime fanpage, started to watch some anime and so I got into it more and more...
And all thanks to AS^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:06 pm
Whoa, do I feel unoriginal. sweatdrop
Like you...guys, she has made me more accepting. I used to me "OMG! That's wrong!" and all that jazz. But after reading her works, I suppose I sort of got used to it. I no longer care about what's right or wrong (actually, I do. Just not about... "things"). I now think for myself, and try to keep other peoples opinions separated from mine. smile

I also learned that stories I've been told as a child may have another side to them. Aside from all that, her works just plain amuse me. That are doubly-awesome. xd

Lumicran_Minamoto

Amerei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:20 pm
it's all because of Count Cain I become more interested in chemistry hehe
seriously..especially about the poisons.

Lumicran: same here...I didn't realize that nursery rhymes are tragic & fairy tales too. That's also why I became more interested in other versions of fairy tales  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:04 pm
yeah, all of the Brothers Grimm tales are online to read, I'm sure. If you're interested.

Nowdays, I can bring in oddities like that into my work - makes me sound clever like. surprised  

alicelights

Inai

9,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:30 pm
I find a lot of Kaori-san's work very....emotional. ^^ Her characters are very easy to get attached to, no matter if it's someone as crucial to a story as Setsuna or someone with a smaller role, like Kato.

She also has a tendancy to make even characters you'd think you'd dislike likeable in some way. I really didn't like Kirie at first - and then I saw her {Angel Sanctuary spoilers in white, I don't know from which volume} as Doll, and my perspective on her really changed. Kirie was blinded by her devotion and love, and after her death, you see her more as an innocent girl. I liked Doll a lot.

I already knew fairy tales had a darker side to them; I've got a book of Grimm's fairy tales that I've had since I was a little kid, and once I read the original version of Cinderella. Very different from the Disney version. I loved seeing Kaori Yuki's version of the fairytales, looking at their dark sides and putting her own twist on it. Blanche was not at all the Snow White you usually see. Ludwig certainly wasn't the usual prince - but I love him. XD heart

Kaori-san's work is beautiful, the story as much as the art. heart So I guess for me, her work is beautiful, emotional stories that few other manga-ka can create anything like. heart ^^  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff