You're an idiot.
  I know
View Results

dadsdadsdads

Big Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:27 am
I've been moving fast.
I'm impatient.
I'd rather not hear, "You should have waited" or "You're dumb, you went to fast" or anything along those lines.
For, I already know.

I got my ears pierced with a 10g needle.
About a month later I stretched them to a 6g.

Around 2 or 3 weeks later...
The jewelry I had in my right ear kept falling out in my sleep.
After about the 2nd or 3d time it disappeared and I couldn't find it.

So hastily at 6 am, I put in the taper that was in my left ear, in my right ear and stretched my left ear to a 2g and went back to sleep.

Later that day, I stretched the right one.

So after having stretched my right ear, I foolishly decided to play with it.
I took them out and turned them around.
The left one was fine, (and I believe is. though honestly I haven't messed with it too much) but the right one started to bleed.
Not too bad, but enough to cause alarm.
So, I just did my best to clean the jewelry with hot water and put it back in.

I noticed about a day or two later that they both had dry dark crusties around the tapers(blood, I imagine.)

I took out the right ear and squeezed the liquid out.
Blood and puss mixed together.

I've done this twice.
After the 2nd time I changed the taper into a single flared tunnel?(I'm fairly ignorant as far as ear jewelry goes.)
I figured the less movement, the better.
And I have the long a** tapers.

The left ear feels fine and there aren't really any dark crusties anymore.
The right ear is a feeling a little less sore but there are still dark crusties.

Alright, so now you have the long and unnecessary details (that I imagine everyone read line for line)

I've been cleaning them with hot water+cue tip.
Is this ok?

I don't have H2Ocean and the only salt I have is table salt.

Anyway.
What should I do?
/How should I handle this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:12 pm
Good news.
I woke up today and it's a lot less sore.

I'm still afraid to take it out unless I have something good to clean it with.

Still.
Any advice?

dadsdadsdads

Big Fairy

Dysphoric Melody
Crew

Aged Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:18 pm
sea salt soak that mofo! and downsize  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm
Thanks. xd  

dadsdadsdads

Big Fairy

N3rdThoughts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:44 pm
Any appearance of blood while stretching means that you are ripping your flesh and not stretching the collagen. I encountered a problem just like yours. I tapered to an inch (using tapers for big sizes just isn't the thing to do, but I was like you, impatient) and put a no flared inch plug in. I slept fine, it was still sore in the morning, but that was expected. About two days later, I felt my lobe "pop" (the only word I guess I can use for it, kinda hard to put it in words) and the jewlry feel out of the back of my lobe. I bled a good bit. So as a result, I downsized to 3/4", swabbed my ear with hot water and massaged it with Vitamn E oil (Emu) about three times for about two and a half months. It worked out pretty well. I'm sure H2Ocean would help you out, I just didn't have any when my accident happened. But yeah, just take it easy and downsize. Give your ear as much time as it needs, you're probably looking at 2-3 months of heal time.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:40 pm
N3rdThoughts
Any appearance of blood while stretching means that you are ripping your flesh and not stretching the collagen. I encountered a problem just like yours. I tapered to an inch (using tapers for big sizes just isn't the thing to do, but I was like you, impatient) and put a no flared inch plug in. I slept fine, it was still sore in the morning, but that was expected. About two days later, I felt my lobe "pop" (the only word I guess I can use for it, kinda hard to put it in words) and the jewlry feel out of the back of my lobe. I bled a good bit. So as a result, I downsized to 3/4", swabbed my ear with hot water and massaged it with Vitamn E oil (Emu) about three times for about two and a half months. It worked out pretty well. I'm sure H2Ocean would help you out, I just didn't have any when my accident happened. But yeah, just take it easy and downsize. Give your ear as much time as it needs, you're probably looking at 2-3 months of heal time.

That's gay.
I downsized to a 4.
I know I should go smaller, but when I re-stretch it, I would have to go from a 6 to a 2 again and the same thing would probably happen.

I actually don't have anything to clean it with.
I don't have the money to buy H2Ocean now and the only salt I have is iodized.
Nor do I have gas to go to the store to buy sea salt.
My friend is supposed to bring me some, but she's sucking at life right now.

My ears feel fine now, though.
Even before I downsized.
And there haven't been any crusties at all...
Does that mean anything?

dadsdadsdads

Big Fairy

N3rdThoughts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:31 pm
Helium Breath
N3rdThoughts

That's gay.
I downsized to a 4.
I know I should go smaller, but when I re-stretch it, I would have to go from a 6 to a 2 again and the same thing would probably happen.

I actually don't have anything to clean it with.
I don't have the money to buy H2Ocean now and the only salt I have is iodized.
Nor do I have gas to go to the store to buy sea salt.
My friend is supposed to bring me some, but she's sucking at life right now.

My ears feel fine now, though.
Even before I downsized.
And there haven't been any crusties at all...
Does that mean anything?

That's good that they aren't hurting or bleeding, but that doesn't mean they're completely healed. I'm kinda late posting, but I would still give them a couple weeks, so when you feel comfortable stretching again, you'll know that your ears are ready to.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 am
Your poll made me smile.

But yeah, you should also invest in some Vitamin E.
Pills, lotion, whatever you can get your hands on.
It helps you heal a lot faster.

wowippyiscool

LimeCrayon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:42 pm
I did almost the same thing.

I have my ear lobes and my cartilage pierced on both ears, and I wanted to get some coils/horse shoes.

But I bought the wrong size. D;

I didn't care, though, and just stretched them from a small pin-p***k-sized hole to a bit bigger. ><

It bled a bit, but it just kinds hurts now.

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games