Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 am
*insert ******** sax solo here*

OK guys, our review today is on the recently released Dead Rising Wii.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Essentially, our game is aboot the same. Differences:

1) No zombie orgy. There can only be 100 zombies on screen at a time. Dont look at me like that, you'll still be surrounded. I know I've been.
2) The missions are timed individually, instead of one giant game clock that you can run out for 6 hours.
3)YOU CAN READ THE TEXT WITHOUT AN HDTV
4) Resident Evil 4 Engine
5) DURR HURR NO MOAR PICKTURE MODE >:U

And that's about it. The Wii version combines 360's Overtime Mode and the Regular Mode together.

Oh, and there's Wii motion controls, but they suck. You're better off using a Zapper, if you dont move it too much. Swing it and your melee weapon goes off. Pretty annoying. It's way easier to just press A to use your melee weapon. If you REALLY want to use the swing, use it on a cash register or something like that. That way you throw it. For whatever reason, the A button fails to throw.

Or just go to town with the damn near billions of weapons available. Seriously, there's everything from saw blades, to chainsaws, to subtle Mega Man references, like the laser sword that looks suspiciously like Zero's (although it's a toy. Damn). And not so subtle ones like the Buster Shot (NOTSUREIFITSONLYONTHE360VERSIONYET).

Your main job is to do the missions, making it less of a sandbox game until you're done getting missions from Otis, the old janitor guy. Then you can pretty much freeroam and kill zombies, change outfits and such. My guy looks like a gay guy in boots. Wish I could upload pics. Oh well.

The graphics look great. I'm not going to say FOR A WEE GAEM LOLZ because whenever someone says that, it's like they're taking a s**t on the Wii. I plan to use the toilet, thanks. I'm going to say the graphics look great, and leave it at that.

When you first start, you're of course greeted by CG sequences, which are done very well as well. Now, of course, the AI is stupid. But it's been stupid since the 360 version, so maybe it's intentional? Maybe they're saying the humans are as stupid as the zombies? Hell if I know.

Besides that, there's not much else to say. It's a combination of the main game mode and Overtime Mode, as I said, and it's no longer a beat the clock sprint for the most part.

Oh, and that annoying receiver thing was fixed too. Instead of having to answer it all the time, while zombies bite on you, it just pauses the game as the text (WHICH YOU CAN READ) goes by.

Giving this game a 8. You take the good of this version over the 360's version, and add the bad that you naturally get from the Wii version, and you get this.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:11 am
Looks like theres a few VERY SHITTY THING, as well as some improvements, but do you think this is a good balance?

I mean, do you think the sacrifices made it a better game to play through?  

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:55 am
The Wii's version has horrible motion controls. Other than that, the good outweighs the bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:59 pm
From what I've heard, this would be an awesome game if Dead Rising didn't already exist. The thing is, it does, and it does what this version does much better.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:05 pm
No zombies, no time limit, no camera, Final Destination Nintendo Wii.

I was disappointed. One of the main reasons I wanted to play DR was the picture-taking aspect. I probably won't get it now, since I probably wouldn't have the 'nads to play it for long anyway. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:23 pm
It would have been better if they didn't make it with the RE4 engine.

For crying out loud, they even use the same sound effects with guns.  

Waynebrizzle

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:38 pm
*shrugs* I liked it, granted I dont have a 360.

Frank (the guy you control) looks a bit like Reggie, doesnt he? Not ours, Nintendo's.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games