Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Guild Idea Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Ninja70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I have a idea for a guild I wanted to ask your guys opinion on.

I like the whole naruto-ninja hand sign stuff but I noticed very little guilds about real ninjutsu and martial arts related guilds and the ones I found have very low members and the inactivity rate is high with most posts being in 2006 or 2007. I would like to open up a guild about real ninjutsu! New members could be trained the 18 skills by a few teachers and for those of you who don't know what I mean about the 18 skills here they are:

1. Seishin-teki kyōkō (spiritual refinement)
2. Taijutsu (unarmed combat, using one's body as the only weapon)
3. Kenjutsu (sword fighting)
4. Bōjutsu (stick and staff fighting)
5. Shurikenjutsu (throwing shuriken)
6. Sōjutsu (spear fighting)
7. Naginatajutsu (naginata fighting)
8. Kusarigamajutsu (kusarigama fighting)
9. Kayakujutsu (pyrotechnics and explosives)
10. Hensōjutsu (disguise and impersonation)
11. Shinobi-iri (stealth and entering methods)
12. Bajutsu (horsemanship)
13. Sui-ren (water training)
14. Bōryaku (tactic)
15. Chōhō (espionage)
16. Intonjutsu (escaping and concealment)
17. Tenmon (meteorology)
18. Chi-mon (geography)

it's the 18 different skills that go into ninjutsu training well original ninjutsu training anyway. Though I think these would be better:

Taijutsu (unarmed combat, using one's body as the only weapon)
Kenjutsu (sword fighting)
Bōjutsu (stick and staff fighting)
Shurikenjutsu (throwing shuriken)
Sōjutsu (spear fighting)
Naginatajutsu (naginata fighting)
Kusarigamajutsu (kusarigama fighting)
Kayakujutsu (pyrotechnics and explosives)
Shinobi-iri (stealth and entering methods)
Sui-ren (water training)
Bōryaku (tactic)
Intonjutsu (escaping and concealment)

I don't think people will be that interested in:
Seishin-teki kyōkō (spiritual refinement)
Hensōjutsu (disguise and impersonation)
Bajutsu (horsemanship)
Tenmon (meteorology)
Chi-mon (geography)

There will be belt colors and for Taijutsu I was thinking they could learn more than regular taijutsu and learn certain martial arts like karate,taekwondo,judo,jujutsu ect and for battles to happen there could be ninja villages like Iga and Koga. Maybe a few tournaments like taijutsu tournaments and sword fights plus for missions they could be to assassinate certain ninja and actually use real sword techniques and judo throws ect. I can gather the info from a variety of sources I can even tell you the damage these moves do to the person physically to be put in the description of the move.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:26 pm
Jeez, way to be pro NUR. But that is a good idea.  

Scrapples

Profitable Smoker

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:37 pm
The stealth part of it will be a problem. Nobody EVER realizes, "Hey, he's obviously using something I can't detect and I'm not really observing anything!" Me myself guilty a few times, of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:10 am
Dark you are wrong.

Notice that when I attack I try to use Chi-mon (geography).
I used the forest around leaf and use the trees as weapons against orion in the desert i use conflicting gejutsus like the freezing desert night when it really is day so they just well... dehydrate themselves (but the idiots dont rp that cause they stupid)

Hensōjutsu (disguise and impersonation) ah my fave cause well i love impersonating people XD
Kayakujutsu (pyrotechnics and explosives) ... well this is obvious
Intonjutsu (escaping and concealment) I guess I have mastered this  

Squishy Havock

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

3Rton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:10 am
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 am
That's a pretty good idea...hey Dark, I'll donate a lot to this guild if you start it. I mean I've browsed through Gaia but I can't find anything like that.  

iZann

3Rton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:10 am
sigh even you DD:

oh god help me.............. >_>  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:28 am
...I won't take that as an offense? >.<
No one seems to like it...?  

iZann

3Rton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:41 am
Actually i jsut odnt like the idea of "ninjutsu" beging spread trough world in inter net like this, specially when there are not many peoples you should trut to be able to teach in it...

Also few points which make me very angry:

"There will be belt colors and for Taijutsu"
- In japan they dont use belts for same reason as in other martial arts.
In ninjutsu this is what belt colors mean.
Yellow= Under 15 years old trainer
Red=Over 15 years old female trainer
Green= over 15 years old male trainer
Black= male/female trainer who has obtained 1 dan or more.

They use marks to informe what kyu or dan you are.

"and learn certain martial arts like karate,taekwondo,judo,jujutsu"

I dont think its alright to mix other martial arts to ninjutsu training. Ninjutsu as it is, is very deep art with lots of techniques. Mixing stuff in would ruin the structure. Though, in ninjutsu they would probably just call it good "henka"

"I don't think people will be that interested in: "

its not because you are interested in something that you learn it. They will show their use in real situation. ITs important to master all kinds of skills. Just taking what seems fun or cool will take you nowhere, expect to corruption.

"ninja villages like Iga and Koga."

Originally Iga and Koga are areas which had ninja activity. There has never been such thing as village of ninjas in history. I just can't see that in any other way than lying....

Sorry but after training for ninjutsu for quite long time i just do have some lines on how it should be trained...

Also the word "ninjutsu" ain't use that much anymore. Nowdays its called Bujinkan Dr. Hatsumi changed that in the 1980, i think.. not sure about the exact date.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:30 am
Nah nowadays it's called "Ninjitsu" instead, and it means the usage of one's body that emphasises on balance, quick joint locking and quick strikes when fighting. That's basically all I know.

Mixing other martial arts in would be interesting, but it won't turn out very well in rp. Probably.

I was actually thinking of making a vampire/lycan/demon/hunter guild since all the ones I've browsed through are VERY inactive.  

iZann

3Rton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:53 am
Dude its called "Bujinkan budo taijutsu"
That you can verify from any base with any correct data concerning the ninjutsu traditions.
As for who is Dr Hatsumi he is the headmaster of bujinkan. He also carries the original scrolls of ninjutsu. There is no fact you can use against it because that is the only truth

The name was changed due to the huge fuse about ninjas in that time.
You can understand that peoples dont like of the idea of assasiantion or stealth beging teached in their community ? Also there was lots of screts connected to ninjas. Its normal that peoples got afraid of such name.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 am
Alright to clear some things up,

Yes it is called Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu in current times and practitioners of this martial art are sometimes refered to as "Neo Ninjas", they are trained in nearly every aspect of ninjutsu except for things like making your own gun power and espionage. The belt colors go as such:
White ( You usually are this for about 2-3 months before going to green )
Green ( 9th Kyu - 1st Kyu )
Black ( 1st Dan - 15th Dan )
( Also different crests are used for nearly every belt level even just green 9th kyu to 8th kyu. Dr.Hatsumi has a certain black belt variation crst only he can wear )

Dr.Hatsumi has stated he doesn't see the reason in all these different belt colors but he has made the green belt go threw alot of stages starting from 9th kyu being the lowest and 1st kyu being the highest belt you can reach before getting your 1st dan (Black Belt). Some schools add a Brown Belt in between the green and black but most don't.

Your able to rank up by by the consent of higher dan levels but once you reach 5th dan Dr.Hatsumi must say whether you move forward to 6th degree black belt and others to come, though lately he's been letting some as low as 10th dan grade people past 5th dan due to the rise in students over the number of years.

Also their fighting style has a little bit of many styles that derived from ninjutsu such as Karate, Jujutsu, Kendo and more. That's some of the stuff I know about it I researched it quite alot also a few good shows to watch to learn more about it that you can find on youtube is:
Mind, Body & Kickass Moves
Human Weapon ( MY PERSONAL FAVE )  

Dark-Ninja70

-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out