Wii owning Resident Evil fans to be Happy Soon. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:40 pm
http://gonintendo.com/?p=74908

Now to see if it's actually something worth being happy about.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:01 pm
Any resident evil game is something to look forward to in my book.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

wariodude128

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 pm
Wonder if they're gonna announce Biohazard Zero will finally come here as Resident Evil 0 for the Wii? Something else that might be great is to explain what the hell happened between 4 and 5 since from what I heard Umbrella Chronicles only did 0, 1, 2 and 3. Biohazard 4.5 anyone?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 pm
They're going to make a guided first person experience  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:54 am
wariodude128
Wonder if they're gonna announce Biohazard Zero will finally come here as Resident Evil 0 for the Wii? Something else that might be great is to explain what the hell happened between 4 and 5 since from what I heard Umbrella Chronicles only did 0, 1, 2 and 3. Biohazard 4.5 anyone?

Well, they did say that Biohazard Degeneration would be like a Resident Evil 4.5, do they could make a game out of it (The first time a Resident Evil game is based on a movie, rather than vice-versa).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:25 am
Waynebrizzle

Can you tell me what this is about because the site seems to be down.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

wariodude128

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:51 am
kakarikosheikah
wariodude128

Well, they did say that Biohazard Degeneration would be like a Resident Evil 4.5, so they could make a game out of it (The first time a Resident Evil game is based on a movie, rather than vice-versa).

I'm not sure how well that would work though. For one thing, you can do crazy s**t in a movie that is next to impossible if you try to put it in a game. When I say crazy, I mean stuff like: Four zombies come at Leon from all four directions, he crouches, kicks down one so it lies on the floor, he takes out a knife and stabs the downed zombie in the head killing it, he then rips off its arms and stuffs each one down two of the zombies' throats making them choke and fall down, he then holds the last zombie at gunpoint and says "Eat this, ********!" before shooting it right in the brain. All zombies dead, so he goes on his merry way.
Like I was saying, stuff you can't do in a game.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 am
Page load error.
=[  

V1SUAL K31

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:55 am
wariodude128
I'm not sure how well that would work though. For one thing, you can do crazy s**t in a movie that is next to impossible if you try to put it in a game. When I say crazy, I mean stuff like: Four zombies come at Leon from all four directions, he crouches, kicks down one so it lies on the floor, he takes out a knife and stabs the downed zombie in the head killing it, he then rips off its arms and stuffs each one down two of the zombies' throats making them choke and fall down, he then holds the last zombie at gunpoint and says "Eat this, ********!" before shooting it right in the brain. All zombies dead, so he goes on his merry way.
They could totally make it a reaction command.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:02 am
Owwin
wariodude128

I'm thinking he is talking about doing that in the game not by using reaction commands.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:51 am
KyuubiNaruto4
Waynebrizzle

Can you tell me what this is about because the site seems to be down.

They're going to announce a Wii RE game soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:29 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Owwin
wariodude128

I'm thinking he is talking about doing that in the game not by using reaction commands.

I've seen pictures of Leon facing off against an El Gigante with a button that you're supposed to press when he swings at you. If that is reaction command, then it could work. However, doing those kinds of stunts through the whole game might get a little boring since you might just want to do a headshot and that would be it.  

wariodude128

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:20 pm
wariodude128
KyuubiNaruto4
Owwin
wariodude128

I've seen pictures of Leon facing off against an El Gigante with a button that you're supposed to press when he swings at you. If that is reaction command, then it could work. However, doing those kinds of stunts through the whole game might get a little boring since you might just want to do a headshot and that would be it.

Happened quite often in RE 4. Most of the time it was to avoid getting yourself killed. Other times it was to dodge a certain attack that won't kill you but hurt you a bit. Grenade, (Big Cheese blaugh ), etc. Or damaging an enemy like cutting an El Gigante's parasite, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:55 am
wariodude128

Technically you're right, but while the main games of 0, 1, and 3 were covered, the only bits of RE2 that made it into Umbrella Chronicles were a mission each with Ada and HUNK that went under the RE3 section. While I would love to see an Umbrella Chronicles 2 that covers 2, Code: Veronica, and 4, that's not really what I want this to be about. The Wii deserves more than just a port of the best game in the series and a rail shooter that condenses three of the older games.

As for a Wii remake of Resident Evil 2, why that game in particular? If all this ends up being is a remake of an older game, I would rather see them start at Zero and do it the right way, instead of the direct port they did in Japan. I'd like to see a remake of Zero (or all the games, for that matter) using the Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition engine. And that includes moving to the RE4 inventory system, because that was one of the worst parts of the older games to me.

How about a Resident Evil 3.5 to fill in some of the gaps, like when Leon and Krauser worked together, where Billy ended up after Rebecca took his dog tags, or where Rebecca ended up after the RE1 mansion incident? Or maybe a full game that puts you playing on the Umbrella side as Wesker or HUNK? I think they really hit on something with Separate Ways, and a full game could be built on the concept of what the other characters are doing during the main game.  

GuruGuru214

wariodude128

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 am
GuruGuru214
wariodude128

Technically you're right, but while the main games of 0, 1, and 3 were covered, the only bits of RE2 that made it into Umbrella Chronicles were a mission each with Ada and HUNK that went under the RE3 section. While I would love to see an Umbrella Chronicles 2 that covers 2, Code: Veronica, and 4, that's not really what I want this to be about. The Wii deserves more than just a port of the best game in the series and a rail shooter that condenses three of the older games.

As for a Wii remake of Resident Evil 2, why that game in particular? If all this ends up being is a remake of an older game, I would rather see them start at Zero and do it the right way, instead of the direct port they did in Japan. I'd like to see a remake of Zero (or all the games, for that matter) using the Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition engine. And that includes moving to the RE4 inventory system, because that was one of the worst parts of the older games to me.

How about a Resident Evil 3.5 to fill in some of the gaps, like when Leon and Krauser worked together, where Billy ended up after Rebecca took his dog tags, or where Rebecca ended up after the RE1 mansion incident? Or maybe a full game that puts you playing on the Umbrella side as Wesker or HUNK? I think they really hit on something with Separate Ways, and a full game could be built on the concept of what the other characters are doing during the main game.

I said Biohazard Zero, which translates to Resident Evil Zero here. As for filling in the gaps, they could call it: Biohazard/Resident Evil: The Untold Stories. Speaking of which, why doesn't Capcom do what Square Enix did and call Resident Evil Biohazard here? The Biohazard game that was made here has pretty much been forgotten, so it would be nice if they did that. When I say do what Square Enix did, I mean renaming Dragon Warrior Dragonquest.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff