Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Samba Elbow

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wariodude128

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:44 pm
I just got the game Samba De Amigo on Friday and have been playing it for a good while. I've been playing Hard Career mode and was shaking the Wii and nunchuk when I started to get a wierd sore sensation in my left arm. I guess it was from shaking my nunchuk like a maracca too much. I then thought up the term Samba Elbow, which stands for playing Samba De Amigo too long and one or both of your arms feels sore on the inside. That brings me to a discussion idea. Has anyone here played a game for too long or had an accident while playing a game? This can include your limbs or fingers feeling sore, something fell down, you fell down, a controller flying out of your hands and of course having your memory card erase your file by way of you being stupid or someone else was. Discuss.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:21 pm
When I'm playing Megaman X or X2 I start to loose feeling in my thumb because of rapid fire X-Bustering haha XD sweatdrop  

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

gutterball29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:33 pm
Okami for Wii, demon gate trials. I use glaives which basically involve snapping the wiimote up and down, combine that with non-stop waves of high health enemies, and it makes your wrists sore as hell.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:58 pm
I've chained battles on The World Ends With You until my hands were numb on several occasions. xd I go nuts and grip my stylus way too tight.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Rargon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:34 pm
My finger got numb has fawk awhile playing as Little Link in OoT,damn Hyrule Field and not being able to ride a horse at that age.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm
I was trying to beat Bigocto for probably an hour straight; my thumbs were quite sore from going around in all those circles... @_@  

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

XXLunarRayXX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:32 pm
My thumb hated it when i played one of those stupid "hit the A button as many times as you can" mario party minigames.

Damn i wish those didnt exist...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm
Mario Kart Crucifixion Hands
Mario Party one made me bleed.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
I got some Guitar Elbow... And maybe Guitar Fingers.
But it was in the time when I was new to GH.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:18 pm
I've hit plenty of people playing Wii sports tennis, inculding myself. xd

Also, snaking on Mario Kart DS really takes it's toll on your index fingers and thumb.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 pm
Any game I play. I cross and sit on my legs. Then I cant walk for like half an hour.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 pm
User Image

Back in the day I would always tear up the skin on my left thumb from pressing down on the GBA directional pad.

User Image

Syph Medwes

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am
I played Star Wars the Force Unleashed non stop for an hour or two with CFS. Let's just say that was a bad idea. ">_> Same with Mario and Sonic.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:26 pm
I have one to add to this actually. Once, while I was playing No More Heroes, I was about to finish off an enemy when I let go of the controller and it would have flown off somewhere had it not been for the connected nunchuk that I was still holding in my left hand. Three seconds later, I got back my controller and continued with the game.  

wariodude128

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:32 pm
Add Bleach Shattered Blade to that list. All you do for attacking is shake your remote horizontally, vertically, and in a stabbing motion. Strong attacks you hold A and swing, special hold B and swing, bankai swing nunchuku. So you can bet your A$$ that your arms are going to feel dead in a couple of hours.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games