Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Favorite/Least Favorite Virtual Console Games Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 am
Hey guys! I was wondering what your favorite and least favorite Virtual Console games are. Just name the games and tell us a little bit about them:

I'll start it off:

Favorite: Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth (N64) - One of the first imports to hit the Virtual Console, this game became one of my favorites as soon as I downloaded it. The game play is addictive, the controls are smooth and the cutscenes are quite awesome. The characters are really awesome, too, especially Saki. My only complaint is that the game was kinda short. I can't wait for the Wii sequel for it.

Least Favorite: Break In (Turbografx-16) - Out of all the games I have downloaded so far, my least favorite would have to be this one. While it is an import, it is also an outdated virtual billiards game with awkward controls. I lost a lot of interest after playing this game once, too. In fact, other than Wii Play's billiards game, the only way you should play pool is on an actual pool table.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 pm
Battle Lode Runner....worse piece of s**t I could of ever downloaded with out double checking it's background  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 pm
Eh, I take the illegal (I think) option of using ROMs.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 pm
Favorite: That is a tough one. Gunstar Heroes or Ninja Gaiden are probably my favorite out of what I've downloaded. Gunstar Heroes is an awesome co-op sidescrolling shooter game with customizable guns and a ton of enemies and awesome bosses. Ninja Gaiden is hard as balls and has a killer soundtrack.

Least favorite: Kid Icarus and Toejam and Earl. D<  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Rargon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:13 pm
I thought Pokemon Snap worked really well with the Virtual Console. biggrin

And I have to agree with xXKyro_Freed_Xx,Battle Lode Runner was horrible. D<  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:03 pm
Mine's Megaman 2.

Least favorite, no idea. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Probably Kirby's Dream Course.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:21 pm
Meta_Fish
Favorite: That is a tough one. Gunstar Heroes or Ninja Gaiden are probably my favorite out of what I've downloaded. Gunstar Heroes is an awesome co-op sidescrolling shooter game with customizable guns and a ton of enemies and awesome bosses. Ninja Gaiden is hard as balls and has a killer soundtrack.

Holy s**t, gunstar heroes is on virtual console?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:15 pm
Super Cheesio

Eh, it's not as authentic. Trust me.

Meta_Fish

I loved Gunstar Heroes, too. While it was a hard-as-hell game, it provided a lot of awesome side-scrolling game play. Also, it was made by Treasure, which has made, amongst other things, Sin & Punishment and Dynamite Headdy.  

The_Ky-Guy

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm
The_Ky-Guy
I loved Gunstar Heroes, too. While it was a hard-as-hell game, it provided a lot of awesome side-scrolling game play. Also, it was made by Treasure, which has made, amongst other things, Sin & Punishment and Dynamite Headdy.
And Mischief Makers, don't forget Mischief Makers.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Owwin
The_Ky-Guy
And Mischief Makers, don't forget Mischief Makers.

That game, too. 3nodding  

The_Ky-Guy

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 pm
Favorite: Legend of Zelda
Awesome game.

Least Favorite: Zelda 2 The Adventure of ******** difficult.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Owwin
Holy s**t, gunstar heroes is on virtual console?
Gunstar Heroes was a launch title, I think.

The_Ky-Guy
Super Cheesio

Eh, it's not as authentic. Trust me.

I think he would know about ROMs if he's claiming to have played them. xd

My friend and I have save data on the final boss rush at the end of the game on Expert mode. It is impossible.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 am
Favorite: the Donkey Kong Country series. They're awesome; my favorite platformer series by far. (SRY GOEMON BUT UR NOT ON VC SADFAEC)

Least favorite: Wave Racer 64. :/ wtf is this i dont even  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:55 am
My favorites would have to be the entire Bonk/Zonk series.

Bonk's Adventure
Bonk's Revenge
Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure

Air Zonk
Super Air Zonk

Platforming/shoot'em up gold. 3nodding

Hey wait, Goemon is on the VC isn't he? Legend of the mystical Ninja?
But still we deserve the N64 Goemon games.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:10 am
Super Cheesio

It is illegal unless you actually own the game then its legal.(That was true the last time I checked which was about a year ago.)

Since I'm like Mr. Cheesio over here I download games but I do it for two reasons.

1a. Why wait for the game to come out when you could just download it for free?

1b. Why wait for a game that is never going to come out due to discrepancies between companies? For instance 007 Goldeneye most likely won't come out for VC. Since Microsoft owns Rare and recently XBOX LIVE Arcade tried to release Goldeneye but it was quickly shot down after Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't reach an agreement.

2. I use emulators to try a game I want to download before actually paying for it.

Favorite: LIT
Excellent use of Light
Love the irony Emo restoring the light
Only hate the ending

Least: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life As A King
Would've been better had it been you who goes and fight
Worst Sim game I ever played
People fail too often despite their high lvls, skill, career, and how often they get breaks.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff