Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Video Game Music Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:38 am
So Cult, what's your favorite video game music? I can tell a few of you will agree with me that Crush 40 music kicks a**.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:44 am
Super Cheesio
So Cult, what's your favorite video game music? I can tell a few of you will agree with me that Crush 40 music kicks a**.

You talking about music that plays in the background of the game like SSBB or are talking about when there is singing like Shadow the Hedgehog during the credits?  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 am
Oh man, I don't even know where to start.

Almost every single game I've played has had a catchy tune in some way or another.

The Megaman series is notorious for that, first off.

Also, WarioLand: Shake It! has some of the best music I've heard in any Warioland game thus far.

And who can forget the symphony that was Super Mario Galaxy?

Also...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 am
KyuubiNaruto4
Super Cheesio

You talking about music that plays in the background of the game like SSBB or are talking about when there is singing like Shadow the Hedgehog during the credits?
...Huh? I'm talking about all the music Crush 40 has done for Sonic games. Brawl included. But the best Crush 40 songs are things like Live and learn, Knight of the Wind, Open Your Heart, and It doesn't Matter.  

Super Cheesio

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 am
Super Cheesio
KyuubiNaruto4
Super Cheesio

...Huh? I'm talking about all the music Crush 40 has done for Sonic games. Brawl included. But the best Crush 40 songs are things like Live and learn, Knight of the Wind, Open Your Heart, and It doesn't Matter.

Sorry bad choices in examples how about music without lyrics like LoZ Twilight Princess. Or games with music and lyrics like Need For Speed Most Wanted.

I will go by system since its too hard when you put all the game a person has ever played and choose which one they liked the most in terms of music.

Catchy Tunes:
SNES: Tie between Gradius III and Megaman X

GBA: Tie between Megaman Zero 4 and Metroid Fusion

GCN: SSBM, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

PS2: Phantasy Star Universe(PS2 games I played can be counted on my hands)

Wii: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, No More Heroes, and SSBB

Xbox: Dead or Alive 3 and Tetris Worlds(Most Xbox games I own hardly have any good music to listen to mainly turn of BGM for them)

Music and Lyrics:
GCN: Need for Speed Most Wanted and Need for Speed Undergound 2

Xbox: Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf(again no good music but in this none besides Mechassault have lyrics and if they do it sucks)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 am
Yes. Music by system is a good idea.

NES: Super Mario Bros. Overworld

SNES: Super Mario World, the levels with the background of trees, where you first meet good ol' Yoshi.

N64: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, the Zelda theme

Gamecube: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Live and learn

PS2: Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2 (I forget), Sanctuary

Wii: Sonic and the Black Knight, Knight of the Wind  

Super Cheesio

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 am
I'm in love with Chrono Trigger's soundtrack, especially other artists' interpretations of it. My favorite Remixer, Star Salzman, just put out a new track.

FF9's soundtrack charmed the s**t out of me as well. I wish life had background music. Epic symphonic background music. crying

On a related note, OverClocked Remix just put out an album for the Tales series! I've never played them, myself, but I know we have ToS enthusiasts in the Cult. OCRemix's contributors rock the ******** out of video game music (And they do it for free. Up yours, fan bands!), so it's worth a listen.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 am
-Zephyrotica-
I wish life had background music.
That, LPS, is the reason MP3 players were invented.  

Super Cheesio

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:35 am
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
No, I mean, like, orchestral accompaniment. Sad violin solos and dramatic fanfares and drumrolls for all of those moments that it would just be so fitting. Maybe a live audience too. But I think I'd go insane if 50 people laughed at my every misstep and awww'd when I was trying to have a moment.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:55 am
-Zephyrotica-
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
No, I mean, like, orchestral accompaniment. Sad violin solos and dramatic fanfares and drumrolls for all of those moments that it would just be so fitting. Maybe a live audience too. But I think I'd go insane if 50 people laughed at my every misstep and awww'd when I was trying to have a moment.
I've thought about that, too. I would love to have that. At least a theme song. :/

But I always liked Banjo Kazooie's music. And there's the obvious Legend of Zelda and Mario songs.  

Orphie

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:56 am
-Zephyrotica-
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
Yes. That would be awesome. There should be people you can hire to follow you around and play the music... I think I have a business plan...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:58 am
Also, Okami's music.  

Orphie

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 pm
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
Yes. That would be awesome. There should be people you can hire to follow you around and play the music... I think I have a business plan...

Like Stewie and his Trumpet?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 pm
TtheHero
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-

Like Stewie and his Trumpet?
Your know, as I typed that I was thinking of that exact same scene.  

Super Cheesio

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces