Ok, so, here is this idea.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 pm
Alright. I have an idea that I know will never be put into motion due to current technological limitations, but I'm going to go hard core poke geek right now. Here's the idea.

Game: POKeMON Graphite (No idea what to actually call it.)
Platform: Wii
Aditional hardware: Wii Speak

First pick Single or Multi player (yes I am wanting an MMO)
Next you pick your starting "world." Jhoto, Kanto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh
Then you pick your gender and general look. (like in battle Revolution)
You get your starter, meet your rival and head out into the big unknown.

Now is where it differs from normal pokemon games.
SINGLE
Trainer battles are Optional. No more freaking having to fight a trainer when you have 1 poke left with 3 HP and burned. (Gah i hated that)
After fighting the Elite 4 you get the natn'l Dex and a "badge" that allows you to take train plane or boat to the other worlds to challenge their gyms and elite 4. Wewt.

MULTI
NO NPC TRAINERS (except in gyms) All trainer battles are optional, and you get to view their trainer card before hand. (this card displays their current team and levels.)
You can trade items w/o attaching to Pokes.
You can trade Pokes in the field.
Most buildings are private or have a max capacity (a "new one" opens once this hits) so as to not worry about over clogging.

And there you have it. The base outline of my dream POKeMON game. Please discuss amend and praise this topic.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:49 pm
I'd buy it.  

Super Cheesio

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 pm
Rusti Fire
Alright. I have an idea that I know will never be put into motion due to current technological limitations, but I'm going to go hard core poke geek right now. Here's the idea.

Game: POKeMON Graphite (No idea what to actually call it.)
Platform: Wii
Aditional hardware: Wii Speak

First pick Single or Multi player (yes I am wanting an MMO)
Next you pick your starting "world." Jhoto, Kanto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh
Then you pick your gender and general look. (like in battle Revolution)
You get your starter, meet your rival and head out into the big unknown.

Now is where it differs from normal pokemon games.
SINGLE
Trainer battles are Optional. No more freaking having to fight a trainer when you have 1 poke left with 3 HP and burned. (Gah i hated that)
After fighting the Elite 4 you get the natn'l Dex and a "badge" that allows you to take train plane or boat to the other worlds to challenge their gyms and elite 4. Wewt.

MULTI
NO NPC TRAINERS (except in gyms) All trainer battles are optional, and you get to view their trainer card before hand. (this card displays their current team and levels.)
You can trade items w/o attaching to Pokes.
You can trade Pokes in the field.
Most buildings are private or have a max capacity (a "new one" opens once this hits) so as to not worry about over clogging.

And there you have it. The base outline of my dream POKeMON game. Please discuss amend and praise this topic.

How would you do multi offline. Would it be split screen or one screen? Be quite hard to do it either way.

Also would the view be like in the other pokemon games bird's eye view, or something like first-person or third-person? Or something like pokemon XD where the camera was stationary.

Also could do what Pokemon XD did for fights. You went up and talked to them then they would ask you to fight, except story fights. I ran into that practically all the time.

When you say rooms do mean rooms you actually can explore and battle other people online or rooms where you just battle others?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 pm
Multi for this game would be MMO so you would have to be online to have multi.

as for rooms? I have no idea what you are talking about... but yes you explore and battle other people on line. and it would be like the Colosseum game's birds eye view.  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:15 pm
Rusti Fire
Multi for this game would be MMO so you would have to be online to have multi.

as for rooms? I have no idea what you are talking about... but yes you explore and battle other people on line. and it would be like the Colosseum game's birds eye view.

For the rooms I was asking do you do the same thing you do offline as you can online except you can battle with other people online.

If Pokefreak, or whatever its new name is, does something like this I would probably buy it if I had the money at the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:23 pm
Other than that Orre deserves as much recognition as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, this idea sounds absolutely great. That said, there's one enormous flaw with it. Nintendo sucks really badly at online, most of it stemming from paranoia about allowing people who haven't already met through outside means to meet on their service. If friend codes are any indication of their attitude toward online, then an MMO is Nintendo's worst nightmare. Which is a shame, because Nintendo franchises have so much potential for games like this, especially Pokemon.  

GuruGuru214

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:14 pm
GuruGuru214
Other than that Orre deserves as much recognition as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, this idea sounds absolutely great. That said, there's one enormous flaw with it. Nintendo sucks really badly at online, most of it stemming from paranoia about allowing people who haven't already met through outside means to meet on their service. If friend codes are any indication of their attitude toward online, then an MMO is Nintendo's worst nightmare. Which is a shame, because Nintendo franchises have so much potential for games like this, especially Pokemon.

I agree. I would totally buy two copies. One for me and one for my brother. mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 pm
GuruGuru214
Nintendo sucks really badly at online

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:31 pm
I thought for a while a Pokemon MMO would be awesome. But as previously stated, Nintendo doesn't like making games where people can comunicate with each other online without friend codes. So It almost definitly won't happen, unfortanately.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:19 pm
I know. It is sad. I just wanted to put that out there.  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces